What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
^^^^^

2001 because we won the minor premiership by zillions and broke every record along the way.

2009 because Jarryd Hayne and because they cheated.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Looks like shes fixed. Good job Gronky and Twiz. Next time please coordinate your system crash when we lose. I like it better when we win.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Semi on the bench ? Worth noting that the fans voted Sterlo at 7

106300408_3295472920508410_1404454912130949527_o.jpg

Kurt De Luis: Blacktown Sea Eagles footballer denies sexual assault at Oatlands
Joanne Vella, Parramatta Advertiser
July 9, 2020 1:59pm
Subscriber only
Parramatta Eel Reed Mahoney is due to front court as a witness on Thursday after his former housemate Kurt De Luis was charged with sexually assaulting a teenager at the Oatlands home they shared with fellow footballer Bevan French last July.

Aspiring NRL player De Luis, who used to play with the Blacktown Sea Eagles in the Canterbury Cup competition, was charged with three counts of sexual intercourse without consent and two counts of sexual touching without consent with an 18-year-old woman in the early hours of July 20, 2019.

4947380ca175707b0ed01051bcc536fd

Kurt De Luis (right) leaves court with a legal representative this week. Picture: Bianca De Marchi
The 24-year-old’s trial continued at Parramatta District Court on Wednesday, when a jury heard how a group of five women and three unknown men descended on De Luis’ double-storey home after a drug and booze-fuelled night at Parramatta’s Albion Hotel where De Luis snorted about 0.5g of cocaine and knocked back about 10 vodka lemonades. He had drunk about three beers earlier at the Rose and Crown Hotel.

The court heard Mr Mahoney did not take any cocaine and Mr French is not accused of drug-taking either.

The court heard how Mr Mahoney dropped off De Luis and Mr French at the watering hole where they had a farewell bash for Mr French a week before he left to play for Wigan in the UK Super League.

similars

After leaving the pub, De Luis told police in a recording played to the jury that he and his “best friend” Mr French headed home about 4am when he said Mr Mahoney was sleeping.

At court, the jury viewed a recording of a police interview in which De Luis said he only met the women — including the one he is accused of assaulting — for the first time at his home, not the Albion, because other guests invited them back there.

cbcde926fc2b409650d1e77b8b83dcf5

De Luis was at the Albion Hotel before he went home and is accused of sexually assaulting a woman.
He repeated this when the Crown prosecutor and defence questioned him and said he only spoke to the alleged victim briefly about how they each had children, when he got to the property.

It was at the house that police allege De Luis sexually assaulted the woman in the downstairs bathroom.

During a tape recording played to the court and cross examination, De Luis provided graphic details of having sex with two women — the alleged victim and her friend.

37e35637c1b0af22c871b26f5090a98e

De Luis’ best friend Bevan French. Picture: Dan Himbrechts
fda82f750895d945949bbca36ebe85db

Reed Mahoney is due to speak as a witness in court after a sexual assault occurred in the house he shared with De Luis. Mr Mahoney does not face charges. Picture: Brett Costello
The court heard how Mr French and a woman were lying on his bed upstairs and De Luis then laid at the bottom half of the mattress with a woman before they left the room to have sex in the bedroom of Australian netballer Jamie-Lee Price, who was overseas at the time.

But after having consensual intercourse and oral sex he was not satisfied so he left the room and lied about returning because he “did not want to be rude’’ to the woman.

The court heard how De Luis went downstairs and opened the bathroom door after he heard a woman moaning and found the complainant having sex with Canterbury Cup footballer Jacob Esau.

Mr Esau is not facing any charges.

De Luis said in the police interview he joined the room where Mr Esau was digitally penetrating the woman but Mr Esau left.

“He then felt quite awkward because we were quite into it,’’ De Luis said.

De Luis insisted the light was on and the woman knew she was having sex with him but denied anal sex.

“I was drunk but I knew exactly what I was doing.’’

He told the court she panicked when her friend — who he had sex with upstairs earlier — barged open the bathroom door and caught them together.

“Her friend stormed into the bathroom. She was like ‘what the f*** are you doing?’ because I was with her friend.’’

The two women then went to the driveway where Mr Esau and Mr Mahoney were before De Luis arrived.

Du Luis could hear the women screaming and Mr Mahoney shouting “f*** off.”.

De Luis told the court he thought the women were “arguing because they slept with the same bloke’’ but said the woman was upset because she mistook him for another man.

Mr Esau accused him of rape.

“I said ‘Don’t use the R word because I didn’t rape her’,’’ De Luis said.

“I didn’t stay very long after that, it threw me completely being accused of something like that.’’

Yesterday, Mr Esau took to the witness stand and denied switching off the lights in the bathroom.

After leaving the bathroom, Mr Esau said he followed the two women outside where he asked the alleged victim why she was crying.

“All I remember is she said ‘I thought it was you, I thought it was you’,’’ he told the court.

Earlier in today’s trial Hills Senior Constable Robert Margiotta told the court cocaine was found during a search of the Oatlands home a day after the alleged incident.

The trial continues.

Incorrect

Coach
Kurt De Luis: Blacktown Sea Eagles footballer denies sexual assault at Oatlands
Joanne Vella, Parramatta Advertiser
July 9, 2020 1:59pm
Subscriber only
Parramatta Eel Reed Mahoney is due to front court as a witness on Thursday after his former housemate Kurt De Luis was charged with sexually assaulting a teenager at the Oatlands home they shared with fellow footballer Bevan French last July.

Aspiring NRL player De Luis, who used to play with the Blacktown Sea Eagles in the Canterbury Cup competition, was charged with three counts of sexual intercourse without consent and two counts of sexual touching without consent with an 18-year-old woman in the early hours of July 20, 2019.

4947380ca175707b0ed01051bcc536fd

Kurt De Luis (right) leaves court with a legal representative this week. Picture: Bianca De Marchi
The 24-year-old’s trial continued at Parramatta District Court on Wednesday, when a jury heard how a group of five women and three unknown men descended on De Luis’ double-storey home after a drug and booze-fuelled night at Parramatta’s Albion Hotel where De Luis snorted about 0.5g of cocaine and knocked back about 10 vodka lemonades. He had drunk about three beers earlier at the Rose and Crown Hotel.

The court heard Mr Mahoney did not take any cocaine and Mr French is not accused of drug-taking either.

The court heard how Mr Mahoney dropped off De Luis and Mr French at the watering hole where they had a farewell bash for Mr French a week before he left to play for Wigan in the UK Super League.

similars

After leaving the pub, De Luis told police in a recording played to the jury that he and his “best friend” Mr French headed home about 4am when he said Mr Mahoney was sleeping.

At court, the jury viewed a recording of a police interview in which De Luis said he only met the women — including the one he is accused of assaulting — for the first time at his home, not the Albion, because other guests invited them back there.

cbcde926fc2b409650d1e77b8b83dcf5

De Luis was at the Albion Hotel before he went home and is accused of sexually assaulting a woman.
He repeated this when the Crown prosecutor and defence questioned him and said he only spoke to the alleged victim briefly about how they each had children, when he got to the property.

It was at the house that police allege De Luis sexually assaulted the woman in the downstairs bathroom.

During a tape recording played to the court and cross examination, De Luis provided graphic details of having sex with two women — the alleged victim and her friend.

37e35637c1b0af22c871b26f5090a98e

De Luis’ best friend Bevan French. Picture: Dan Himbrechts
fda82f750895d945949bbca36ebe85db

Reed Mahoney is due to speak as a witness in court after a sexual assault occurred in the house he shared with De Luis. Mr Mahoney does not face charges. Picture: Brett Costello
The court heard how Mr French and a woman were lying on his bed upstairs and De Luis then laid at the bottom half of the mattress with a woman before they left the room to have sex in the bedroom of Australian netballer Jamie-Lee Price, who was overseas at the time.

But after having consensual intercourse and oral sex he was not satisfied so he left the room and lied about returning because he “did not want to be rude’’ to the woman.

The court heard how De Luis went downstairs and opened the bathroom door after he heard a woman moaning and found the complainant having sex with Canterbury Cup footballer Jacob Esau.

Mr Esau is not facing any charges.

De Luis said in the police interview he joined the room where Mr Esau was digitally penetrating the woman but Mr Esau left.

“He then felt quite awkward because we were quite into it,’’ De Luis said.

De Luis insisted the light was on and the woman knew she was having sex with him but denied anal sex.

“I was drunk but I knew exactly what I was doing.’’

He told the court she panicked when her friend — who he had sex with upstairs earlier — barged open the bathroom door and caught them together.

“Her friend stormed into the bathroom. She was like ‘what the f*** are you doing?’ because I was with her friend.’’

The two women then went to the driveway where Mr Esau and Mr Mahoney were before De Luis arrived.

Du Luis could hear the women screaming and Mr Mahoney shouting “f*** off.”.

De Luis told the court he thought the women were “arguing because they slept with the same bloke’’ but said the woman was upset because she mistook him for another man.

Mr Esau accused him of rape.

“I said ‘Don’t use the R word because I didn’t rape her’,’’ De Luis said.

“I didn’t stay very long after that, it threw me completely being accused of something like that.’’

Yesterday, Mr Esau took to the witness stand and denied switching off the lights in the bathroom.

After leaving the bathroom, Mr Esau said he followed the two women outside where he asked the alleged victim why she was crying.

“All I remember is she said ‘I thought it was you, I thought it was you’,’’ he told the court.

Earlier in today’s trial Hills Senior Constable Robert Margiotta told the court cocaine was found during a search of the Oatlands home a day after the alleged incident.

The trial continues.
f**k that's a hard story to keep up with... Plenty happening in the DeLuis house that night

eels_fan

First Grade
Parramatta Eels’ Reed Mahoney gives evidence in Kurt De Luis trial
Eels star Reed Mahoney called a woman a whore after he told her to be quiet because he didn’t want coach Brad Arthur to think he spent the night partying, he told a court at the trial of his former housemate.

Parramatta Eels star Reed Mahoney has given evidence at his former housemate Kurt De Luis’ rape trial, telling a court he had an argument with a woman, calling her a “whore”, as he did not yet know about the assault allegations.

At Parramatta District Court on Thursday, Mr Mahoney said he also told the woman and two other people to be quiet because he did not want his coach Brad Arthur to think he spent the night partying.

Mr Mahoney gave evidence at the trial De Luis, who has been charged with sexually assaulting an 18-year-old woman at his Oatlands house in the early hours of Saturday, July 20, last yera. He has pleaded not guilty.

During cross examination, Mr Mahoney, who is not facing any charges, said he made his way downstairs from his upstairs bedroom when he heard a woman moaning in the downstairs bathroom.

He told a court he saw another woman on the lounge and a man in the kitchen who were there from a party overnight.

He told the court he was preparing to go to a cafe before heading to the Old Saleyards Reserve at North Parramatta for training when he saw Jacob Esau, the complainant and another woman on the driveway after hearing yelling.

Mr Mahoney said he didn’t want coach Mr Arthur to think he was partying or had a big night before training if he drove past his house.

“It was quite early and I live quite close to my work, and pretty much everyone drives past there to go to training and I was worried about my coach driving past there where a group of people were arguing,’’ he said.

“They were quite loud.”

Mr Mahoney told the court he was also angry because they were strangers in his home.

“I said ‘Shut the f*** up or leave’,’’ he said.

“The girl who was at the bathroom (the complainant) took a shot at me and said ‘Who do you think you are’?.

“I said ‘This is my house’. I said ‘You’re only upset because you got caught out from your mate for being a whore.’’

Mr Mahoney told the court he was unaware of the woman accusing De Luis of sexual assault when he approached the group but heard them “arguing something about a guy’’.

“I’m not really sure if they were fighting about Kurt,’’ he said.

The court heard how Mr Mahoney told the court he had gone to bed early that night because had training the next day and was not aware that people had gone back to his home.

The court heard how Mr Mahoney, 22, initially declined to provide police with a statement “a few months later’’ for an investigation that accused De Luis, 24, of sexually assaulting the woman.

Instead, he contacted De Luis’ lawyer on advice from the Parramatta football club “because I’m not really sure of the legal side of things’’.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...l/news-story/e40e93f78417c59729a564091f154002

Eelementary

Post Whore
Parramatta Eels’ Reed Mahoney gives evidence in Kurt De Luis trial
Eels star Reed Mahoney called a woman a whore after he told her to be quiet because he didn’t want coach Brad Arthur to think he spent the night partying, he told a court at the trial of his former housemate.

Parramatta Eels star Reed Mahoney has given evidence at his former housemate Kurt De Luis’ rape trial, telling a court he had an argument with a woman, calling her a “whore”, as he did not yet know about the assault allegations.

At Parramatta District Court on Thursday, Mr Mahoney said he also told the woman and two other people to be quiet because he did not want his coach Brad Arthur to think he spent the night partying.

Mr Mahoney gave evidence at the trial De Luis, who has been charged with sexually assaulting an 18-year-old woman at his Oatlands house in the early hours of Saturday, July 20, last yera. He has pleaded not guilty.

During cross examination, Mr Mahoney, who is not facing any charges, said he made his way downstairs from his upstairs bedroom when he heard a woman moaning in the downstairs bathroom.

He told a court he saw another woman on the lounge and a man in the kitchen who were there from a party overnight.

He told the court he was preparing to go to a cafe before heading to the Old Saleyards Reserve at North Parramatta for training when he saw Jacob Esau, the complainant and another woman on the driveway after hearing yelling.

Mr Mahoney said he didn’t want coach Mr Arthur to think he was partying or had a big night before training if he drove past his house.

“It was quite early and I live quite close to my work, and pretty much everyone drives past there to go to training and I was worried about my coach driving past there where a group of people were arguing,’’ he said.

“They were quite loud.”

Mr Mahoney told the court he was also angry because they were strangers in his home.

“I said ‘Shut the f*** up or leave’,’’ he said.

“The girl who was at the bathroom (the complainant) took a shot at me and said ‘Who do you think you are’?.

“I said ‘This is my house’. I said ‘You’re only upset because you got caught out from your mate for being a whore.’’

Mr Mahoney told the court he was unaware of the woman accusing De Luis of sexual assault when he approached the group but heard them “arguing something about a guy’’.

“I’m not really sure if they were fighting about Kurt,’’ he said.

The court heard how Mr Mahoney told the court he had gone to bed early that night because had training the next day and was not aware that people had gone back to his home.

The court heard how Mr Mahoney, 22, initially declined to provide police with a statement “a few months later’’ for an investigation that accused De Luis, 24, of sexually assaulting the woman.

Instead, he contacted De Luis’ lawyer on advice from the Parramatta football club “because I’m not really sure of the legal side of things’’.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...l/news-story/e40e93f78417c59729a564091f154002

Oh, dear...