What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
A prostitute.

I'm not sure we've advanced your argument /objection against what I posted that you took offence to.

Ok so unless the court finds that this lady is a sex worker, then she can’t be a whore. If she is just a young girl that has found herself amongst a bunch of pricks who disrespect women, then their aim is not to point out her profession but instead to belittle her. Kick her whilst she’s down.

It’s fascinating how if you’re a guy and manage to pull multiple pussy in any given week you’re a stud (+ positive connotation), however if you happen to be the female that he’s rooting then you are a whore s**t or whatever (- negative connotation).

emjaycee

Coach
Ok so unless the court finds that this lady is a sex worker, then she can’t be a whore. If she is just a young girl that has found herself amongst a bunch of pricks who disrespect women, then their aim is not to point out her profession but instead to belittle her. Kick her whilst she’s down.

It’s fascinating how if you’re a guy and manage to pull multiple pussy in any given week you’re a stud (+ positive connotation), however if you happen to be the female that he’s rooting then you are a whore s**t or whatever (- negative connotation).
The court doesn't need to find anything about this women and whether she is a sex worker, because unless I misread something, Rheed isn't the one on trial.

And maybe he simply used the Urban dictionary definition or even the Cambridge dictionary's more modern definition?

emjaycee

Coach
You’ve missed the context of my post. Various posters on here were focusing on the girl and the term “whore”.
Engrish not my first language but I assumed the context being whether or not Reed should have called her a whore being based on @Incorrect asking "what if she was a whore?" in response to someone else saying Reed shouldn't have called her that and then you asking him what a whore was, before both he and you chose to use only one definition (an old one at that) and suggest that she must be a paid sex worker... all I did was clarify the definition and provide context for Reed's comment.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm the one who brought up that Reed probably shouldn't have said that word to begin with - I apologise for opening this Pandora's box.

Eelementary

Post Whore
No, you were right to say that. Exactly what a Dad should be teaching his sons. Respect.

Thanks, mate.

I was a little taken aback by reading that, to be honest - from everything I've read, Reed Mahoney is an outstanding young man.

And I don't think that comment detracts from his otherwise outstanding character - I just wouldn't have expected that word to come from his mouth.

Noise

Coach
No, you were right to say that. Exactly what a Dad should be teaching his sons. Respect.
Bit harsh suggesting Rheed needs to be taught respect just because he used the word whore. How about the lack of respect shown to him by rocking up to his place at all hours and carrying on when he had work (training) in the morning? How about the lack of self respect by all of them going home to a random blokes house doing cocaine and ‘stuff’ in the bathroom?
Rheed is likely the most respectful person in all this.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
guys guys guys

think for a minute, here we have a lady who has been identified in the media and some people want to refer to her as a defamatory and denigrating word, which could potentially instigate a defamation issue between the lady and the member making the allegations, or League Unlimited, or both

this is one reason we have moderators

you can think what you like but you also need to think before you hit submit on a public forum

TheRam

Coach
Thanks, mate.

I was a little taken aback by reading that, to be honest - from everything I've read, Reed Mahoney is an outstanding young man.

And I don't think that comment detracts from his otherwise outstanding character - I just wouldn't have expected that word to come from his mouth.

Oh pleeeeease!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Is it really fascinating? Women have a much higher threshold for sexual attraction than men. If this isn't obvious to anyone who's older than about 13, it's borne out by data from dating/hookup social media networks.

What this means is that when a male and female have (consensual) sex there is the implication that she sees value in the bloke compared to other men she could've had sex with. The same implication doesn't work the other way. He didn't f**k her because she was the best option available. She was the option most up for it, or the 'easiest' option.

Use the analogy of the lock and the key. A lock that can be opened by any key isn't worth much. But the key that can open any lock is worth plenty.

Latest posts