What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I said at the time that ‘easy fix’ would be used as a weapon and merkins haven’t let me down.

Clearly at that moment after a 38-0 drubbing he wasn’t talking about fixing a lack of effort, he was guaranteeing everyone a premiership.

I guess he has a history of being outspoken. Remember the time he said he was going ‘crush that pissant Bellamy and rip Cameron Smith’s head off’ or when he called Papali a ‘fat pie eater with a shit haircut’?

Noise

Coach
I said at the time that ‘easy fix’ would be used as a weapon and merkins haven’t let me down.

Clearly at that moment after a 38-0 drubbing he wasn’t talking about fixing a lack of effort, he was guaranteeing everyone a premiership.

I guess he has a history of being outspoken. Remember the time he said he was going ‘crush that pissant Bellamy and rip Cameron Smith’s head off’ or when he called Papali a ‘fat pie eater with a shit haircut’?
I remember when he got the job he said no more wooden spoons.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sorry guys I’ve been trying to erase the rubbish game from my head and got a little mixed up. But you guys can brag all off season how we kept the south halves pairing quiet all game. And that it was BA’s secret moves that was responsible.
So glad we kept their halves quiet, imagine how many they would of scored if we didn’t.

FMD!!

Soto

Bench
If Hayne was toxic as he supposedly was why didn't the club or BA fk him off sooner?
Hayne was one of the most gifted and talented players to ever play for Parra. Its a pity he was either poorly advised or couldn't be better man managed.
Imagine how good Hayne would've been behind this starting pack?
In this team he would be a superb 6..
His endurance at 1, with the way the game is played nowadays would see him struggle a bit i think.
He did have his lazy moments but fk he was great to watch when he was on..

Gronk

Staff member
If Hayne was toxic as he supposedly was why didn't the club or BA fk him off sooner?
Hayne was one of the most gifted and talented players to ever play for Parra. Its a pity he was either poorly advised or couldn't be better man managed.
Imagine how good Hayne would've been behind this starting pack?
In this team he would be a superb 6..
His endurance at 1, with the way the game is played nowadays would see him struggle a bit i think.
He did have his lazy moments but fk he was great to watch when he was on..
Agreed. He should have been a GOAT. Should be spoken of as future immortal. Such a shame.

Gronk

Staff member
I listen to the first bit. Bernie offers a warts n all assessment, but I’m guessing that a few will say he is protecting his legacy.

I’ll be interested to hear merkins debunk his claim that every player bar Fergo (knee) and Sivo (2nd year syndrome) have improved this year and all of them still have plenty of upside.

Noise

Coach
I listen to the first bit. Bernie offers a warts n all assessment, but I’m guessing that a few will say he is protecting his legacy.

I’ll be interested to hear merkins debunk his claim that every player bar Fergo (knee) and Sivo (2nd year syndrome) have improved this year and all of them still have plenty of upside.
I haven’t listened to it but Moses went backwards. He was the best halfback in the
comp last year. His runnning game, play making and short kicking game all went backwards.
I also fail to see how Waqa Blake improved

Gronk

Staff member
I haven’t listened to it but Moses went backwards. He was the best halfback in the
comp last year. His runnning game, play making and short kicking game all went backwards.
I also fail to see how Waqa Blake improved
My bad. He did single out Waqa and Sivo.

On Moses he said that he had improved markedly until he got injured.