Eels in the media

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Joshuatheeel, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

KIdwell seems to be the fall guy this week. If Kidwell is the D coach and Murphy is the A coach, why is Kidwell copping it ? Our D has been exemplary this year.

Flanno was also dabbling in cap shenanigans whilst suspended.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/s...d/news-story/f4832ec4df10753ef1c51493bb025da8

Joely01 likes this.
  2. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Yeah thanks for schooling me. Just for future reference in your opinion, what culture would they be talking about?

3. Noise

Noise Coach

I'd be interested to know why Flanagan wouldn't suit our culture. From all reports (Cronulla players and from a mate who played for him back in his Parra lower grade days) he is a tough merkin that players want to play for. And he is a proven winner.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
    Soto and hineyrulz like this.
  4. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

70 plus points against in two semis from isn’t acceptable. Unless you’re a gronk....

But it could of been our attacking coach I mentioned. It makes no difference.

Soto, hineyrulz and Gazzamatta like this.
  5. Noise

Noise Coach

It was at the beginning of the year. Our last 7 games we averaged 27.5 points against

hineyrulz and Gazzamatta like this.
  6. Joely01

Joely01 Bench

Last year we smashed the Broncos and then got owned by the storm, weren’t good enough.
    We bring in some players to improve us and make us good enough, if we don’t lose the players mid game we did week one, I firmly believe we beat the storm week 1.
    We then gave it a mighty shake with who we had out and the news the players had to deal with the morning of.
    I think this years finals series is a pass mark, considering we didn’t roll over and get pumped both games, we were actually in it till the end.
    Going off the odds or what all the “experts” were saying we were suppose to get beat by 40 by both teams

7. Joely01

Joely01 Bench

I think what we can do with MJs salary/future is the big deciding factor on how many “quality” players we will get in the off season

Gazzamatta likes this.
  8. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

Why are you so certain that they are referring to ASADA? What made you jump to that conclusion?

Culture could refer to his approach and philosophy around the game, his views on how to win football matches, his demeanour with players, his ability to take directions from the club etc etc.

Sometimes, high quality candidates aren’t necessarily a good fit.

Anyway, all we have at the moment is a passing comment from one of MJC’s sources. I think it is pre-emptive for anyone to be certain about what it actually refers to.

I’d also be happy if the info was wrong and we ended up signing Flanno (still a possibility).

9. Noise

Noise Coach

A pass mark? We will have to disagree. I doubt anyone in the organisation thinks our capitulation is worthy of a pass. Any time you get 74 points put on you in 2 weeks, 30 points in a half, is very poor.

Soto, Incorrect, IFR33K and 1 other person like this.
  10. Chipmunk

Chipmunk Coach

I'd be hopeful of getting some really good players for $300k

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  11. Joely01

Joely01 Bench

Again there is clear reasons why this happened...
    I honestly just don’t understand if some of you guys are so clearly trying to drive some agenda you are clearly looking past the facts from the last two weeks...
    Facts that any of the top 8 team wouldn’t overcome and be out in straight sets, similar to us and the Roosters!

When we were fit against the storm we were winning and had storm on the back foot, we lose SIVO and they start targeting our edges that were weakened!
    Same on the weekend with Our weakened backline getting exploited badly!

Poupou Escobar likes this.
  12. Noise

Noise Coach

Our defence has been shithouse for the back 3rd of the season, not just in the semis. It was just at its worst in the semis.

Soto and hineyrulz like this.
  13. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Exemplary lol.

Must mean something different in Gronk world than it does in mine.

14. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

Then go with your own odds. Do you really think we should be expected to beat all these better resourced clubs? I think the best we can hope for (at least with our current roster) is to be a reasonable chance against them. But even favorites lose sometimes. Two finals matches in a year is a very small sample. What if we were a 50% chance of beating Souths? That's still a coin toss. Do we really need a scapegoat if we lose against an evenly matched opponent?

15. Poupou Escobar

Our defence was pretty poor in the finals though. But while some blame coaching, I personally think it was due to injuries disrupting our edges.

16. Poupou Escobar

Or were we just playing better attacking teams?

17. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Exactly. I don’t even think SSBA would consider it a pass.

on a side note, did we ever get to witness the super secret moves BA was meant to unleash?

18. Obscene Assassin

Obscene Assassin First Grade

Darcy Lussick and Chris Sandow were Ken Thornett medalists

19. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

How was our edge defense traveling pre disruptions?

Suitman likes this.
  20. Joshuatheeel

Joshuatheeel Moderator Staff Member

yep notice how Walker was fairly quiet on Saturday? it was all tackling on Paulo who was running at him for the whole first half........pretty good tactic ......walkers quietest game in a while ...

Gazzamatta and Poupou Escobar like this.