What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Soto

Bench
Even before he was injured his line breaks, LBAs and try assists were down.
And on Sivo...I really think when Brad Parker from Manly stopped him in his tracks and fkd his knee his season regressed badly.
I don't think he fully recovered from that as impact was lacking and quite often either driven back or stopped immediately

Joely01

Bench

Incorrect

Coach
And on Sivo...I really think when Brad Parker from Manly stopped him in his tracks and fkd his knee his season regressed badly.
I don't think he fully recovered from that as impact was lacking and quite often either driven back or stopped immediately
Yeah I reckon the same. He just wasn't the same after that hit

Joely01

Bench
Really found it interesting how Bernie discusses the Salary Cap position for the club, and how to approach signings etc.
Interesting on the Lane point that’s been discussed here he has mentioned he would keep him in the back row as an 80min player, as in the current market it’s a bit easier to get some middle forwards then back row forwards

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
My bad. He did single out Waqa and Sivo.

On Moses he said that he had improved markedly until he got injured.
I disagree with him on that. Most guys improved, a couple were no better or worse (Blake, Nrown, Matterson), but a few went backwards:

Ferguson
Sivo
Moses
Lane

Gronk

Staff member
Even before he was injured his line breaks, LBAs and try assists were down.
You mean when we were coming first up to Rnd 9 ? He tore his calf during the lockdown and then again vs Raiders in Rnd 7. Took 3 weeks off and was never the same. Many will say that we were never the same.

Noise

Coach
You mean when we were coming first up to Rnd 9 ? He tore his calf during the lockdown and then again vs Raiders in Rnd 7. Took 3 weeks off and was never the same. Many will say that we were never the same.
Yep, that's exactly what I mean. Up to and including the Canberra game (round 7) he only had:
1 try
2 try assists
1 line break
0 line break assists
These were all well down on his 2019 averages. His missed tackles were similar.

Gronk

Staff member
Yep, that's exactly what I mean. Up to and including the Canberra game (round 7) he only had:
1 try
2 try assists
1 line break
0 line break assists
These were all well down on his 2019 averages. His missed tackles were similar.
I’m guessing that means him being the chief playmaker in a team running first, someone else must have been steering them around. Who was that bc they must have been doing a great job.

Noise

Coach
I’m guessing that means him being the chief playmaker in a team running first, someone else must have been steering them around. Who was that bc they must have been doing a great job.
Lol, every aspect was down on last year except the subjective ‘steering them around the park’ so that means he improved? He regressed. Everyone except you and Bernie can see that.

Gronk

Staff member
Lol, every aspect was down on last year except the subjective ‘steering them around the park’ so that means he improved? He regressed. Everyone except you and Bernie can see that.
Actually "everyone" is just you and a few others. We are now a top 4 team and he got us there with two bung calves. You still haven't answered the qn on how we managed to jag coming first for the first half if the season when Moses had regressed as you say.

IFR33K

Coach
Actually "everyone" is just you and a few others. We are now a top 4 team and he got us there with two bung calves. You still haven't answered the qn on how we managed to jag coming first for the first half if the season when Moses had regressed as you say.

I fail to believe he was still hampered by his calves, considering

1. he always retained the goal kicking duties.

2. he came out and said he’s not injured.

3. He looked quick to me and many out there.

His kicking game was down on last season

his running game was down on last season

I’d assume stats like LB and LBA were down Too

But the biggest factor into knowing he regressed from last season, was that last season he was the dally m halfback. This season he’s not even close. But whatever floats your boat

Noise

Coach
Because a couple of other players improved significantly - Junior and Gutho, on top of our new recruits adding value - RCG and Matterson.

And everyone includes most commentators of the game. Remember he was the best half in the comp in 2019 and we finished 5th. He was far from that at any point in 2020, regardless of our position on the ladder.

Noise

Coach
So if CCTV footage clearly showed there was no contact between Sivo and the girl's skirt why was there a charge of indecent assault and / or why did it take so long to sort out?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So if CCTV footage clearly showed there was no contact between Sivo and the girl's skirt why was there a charge of indecent assault and / or why did it take so long to sort out?

took time to work out how much was needed in the paper bags....

Latest posts