What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

84 Baby

Referee
Matterson's charge was Contrary Conduct on Dylan Edwards in the 38th minute.

View attachment 61337

This was the event - a simple face massage as he completed the tackle. OK.

View attachment 61333

On the other hand...

View attachment 61338
This was ok.

As was Luai flinging Rheed to the ground after he passed the ball (I cant find the footage of that one).
How does one join the MRC? Seems like the easiest job to not even bother watching a full game

lucablight

First Grade
I never used the word ‘purely’. Do you think I’m a f**king simpleton? Let’s say we prioritised retaining possession over using the ball. It’s not often Penrith lose the possession battle, which is a big part of why their defensive intensity is usually sustainable over 80 minutes.

Moses and Drown threw 60 passes against Penrith. In the loss to the Titans our halves passed 86 times. We need to play through the middle, which includes smart offloading.
I don’t know of any NRL team that prioritises using the ball over retaining possession. It goes without saying. I do know of teams that completely put away their offloads to ensure they don’t make mistakes. I’m just saying we didn’t do that but we did execute well and not turn over possession. Imagine if we kept trying to offload and continually dropped the ball. We would have been pumped.

Latest posts