What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Who’s gloating you dribbler?? Most of us at the time said it was a f**king selfish decision that wasn’t going to be popular with team mates and fans alike. Remember you as usual tried to find yet another excuse for his shit behaviour. Tried to tell us maybe he was injured or playing for someone in the WC lol.
Your angry ant attitude only confirms what I said.

Noise

Coach
That was a Brett Kenny dip and swerve right there. Why shouldn’t a player have a larger window to make his decision? What dangerous precedent would it set ?

If a player wants to opt for the alternative punishment, who gives a shit ?
So how many times should a player be allowed to change his mind?

He was more than happy with his decision a week later. How much time should he get?

Gronk

Staff member
So how many times should a player be allowed to change his mind?

He was more than happy with his decision a week later. How much time should he get?
Pragmatism merkin. In the middle of the comp when the judiciary is held Wednesday after teams are selected Tuesday and a player drops off 24hrs from game day, time is of the essence.

However we were in the off season. So again, who gives a shit ?

Noise

Coach
Pragmatism merkin. In the middle of the comp when the judiciary is held Wednesday after teams are selected Tuesday and a player drops off 24hrs from game day, time is of the essence.

However we were in the off season. So again, who gives a shit ?
So you want one judiciary rule for games played during the season and another rule for the last game of the season? Ridiculous.
And like I said Matterson was happy with his decision a week later.
Is a week not long enough in the off season?
And you didn’t answer my question to how many times a player should be able to change his mind?

Gronk

Staff member
So you want one judiciary rule for games played during the season and another rule for the last game of the season? Ridiculous.
And like I said Matterson was happy with his decision a week later.
Is a week not long enough in the off season?
And you didn’t answer my question to how many times a player should be able to change his mind?
A sensible rule would be one that ensured that the week before a scheduled game should not be disrupted.

If a player suffers an ACL in the game were he was also cited, who gives a shit if he makes his decision in the fist 24 hours ?

Likewise, Matto gets charged in the GF, who gives a shit ?

Noise

Coach
A sensible rule would be one that ensured that the week before a scheduled game should not be disrupted.

If a player suffers an ACL in the game were he was also cited, who gives a shit if he makes his decision in the fist 24 hours ?

Likewise, Matto gets charged in the GF, who gives a shit ?
If someone did an ACL of course he will take the suspension straight away. Why would he wait until later to make his decision / serve his suspension 😂?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee not like you to be captain loud smug when you disagree with something.

Sure mate, not gloating, not angry at all.l

Catto LOL
Lol firstly you tried to tell us he was injured or maybe playing in the WC, now it’s all the NRL’s fault. Anything to defend the indefensible, classic Gronky.

I and many others on here said it was shit a selfish decision from a bloke who has a history of being selfish.

You really are this forum’s Lisa Simpson.

Gronk

Staff member
If someone did an ACL of course he will take the suspension straight away. Why would he wait until later to make his decision / serve his suspension 😂?
OK If a player can serve a suspension whilst injured, then my example is wrong.

However that does not take away from my suggestion that ~ a sensible rule would be one that ensured that the week before a scheduled game should not be disrupted.

Back to Matto, FFS has anyone forgotten the ridiculous and unprecedented flexibility offered to Taylan May ? Yet for some reason you guys think that they should play hard ball with Matto.

Gronk

Staff member
I and many others on here said it was shit a selfish decision from a bloke who has a history of being selfish.
You definitely seem to be punishing him cos you don't like him. Are you incapable of stepping away from your emotions and looking at a situation with an open mind ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
OK If a player can serve a suspension whilst injured, then my example is wrong.

However that does not take away from my suggestion that ~ a sensible rule would be one that ensured that the week before a scheduled game should not be disrupted.

Back to Matto, FFS has anyone forgotten the ridiculous and unprecedented flexibility offered to Taylan May ? Yet for some reason you guys think that they should play hard ball with Matto.

loop dig GIF

Go Gronky!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You definitely seem to be punishing him cos you don't like him. Are you incapable of stepping away from your emotions and looking at a situation with an open mind ?
Punish him?? lol what are you on???

It’s the NRL that punished him even though he was going to teach them a lesson.

He put himself ahead of the club, his teammates and us fans. It’s really quite simple surely some with an open mind would get it.

Gronk

Staff member
Punish him?? lol what are you on???

It’s the NRL that punished him even though he was going to teach them a lesson.

He put himself ahead of the club, his teammates and us fans. It’s really quite simple surely some with an open mind would get it.
Hmmok mate.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Matto has punished the club more then himself.

Fans are pissed because of the selfishness of it all.

Even if it got reversed it wouldn't have changed my opinion of him.

He showed where his priorities were and only realised later on what an absolute fool he was.

But the horse has bolted.

We have a tough start to the year and hopefully we are 3-0 to start the year and it doesn't cost us.