What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

84 Baby

Referee
My martial arts master's master who was involved in alot of challenge fights said that you should only aim to goto 80%.

If you try too much to achieve 100%, you tense and stress which actually affects your performance.
Looser talk

Angry_eel

First Grade
I am liking Shaun Lane's documentary. Footballers are stereotyped to be dumb but Shaun seems like a smart bloke. Not easy to do a psychology degree with football.

Gronk

Staff member
I am liking Shaun Lane's documentary. Footballers are stereotyped to be dumb but Shaun seems like a smart bloke. Not easy to do a psychology degree with football.
Actually, he's picking up his masters so he can practice as a clinical psychologist.

1709876374706.png

King-Gutho94

Coach
Gee that one reporter was keen for a response to the Leinu thing.

He asked all 3 Moses, Joffa and Matto about it and they all dead-batted it didn't even know he got 8 weeks haha.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Footy players getting life-changing money is a myth?

Huh...you know, now I think of it, we all earn over $500,000 per annum, anyway, so they're right...

Wtf???

King-Gutho94

Coach

i have said it before but gee i always see this awkwardness around Matto when he speaks.

Its just the a weird vibe.

At the start he is talking about how they are always pumped the battle of the west its a big rivalry.

Then 2 minutes later he says he isn't sure why the rivalry is so big.

Noise

Coach

i have said it before but gee i always see this awkwardness around Matto when he speaks.

At the start he is talking about how they are always pumped the battle of the west its a big rivalry.

He's a weird unit.

Eelementary

Post Whore

He knows it's a big rivalry, but isn't sure why.

To be honest, it's a fair point - until recently, our only thing we had in common was that we were both representing Western Sydney.

In recent times, they've surpassed our achievements with a 20-year handicap on them, and it has reignited the rivalry.

But it sort of came out of nowhere - in the early 2000's, I don't recall a big fuss being made of the "Western Sydney derby" whenever we played Penrith.

emjaycee

Coach

A seemingly awkward speaker in front of the media for sure, but at the start his only mention of the "Battle of the West" was to to accuse the media ("you guys") of hyping it up. Later he mentions the fact there are former players so that can make it bigger but I didn't think he actually focused on it being a big rivalry match as much as Weidler did.

My favourite bit in the interview was "I prefer the middle and don't want to play on an edge".

yy_cheng

Coach
He knows it's a big rivalry, but isn't sure why.

To be honest, it's a fair point - until recently, our only thing we had in common was that we were both representing Western Sydney.

In recent times, they've surpassed our achievements with a 20-year handicap on them, and it has reignited the rivalry.

But it sort of came out of nowhere - in the early 2000's, I don't recall a big fuss being made of the "Western Sydney derby" whenever we played Penrith.
Wasn't it that the panfers always thought we were the big brother and they were always in the shadows and we were stealing their juniors so that's why they hated us.

However, we didnt give 2 rats about them so we never thought it a rivalry until the 2022 GF.

I think there's a clip showing Reg saying that he HATES PARRAMATTA

Latest posts