What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

King-Gutho94

Coach
He knows it's a big rivalry, but isn't sure why.

To be honest, it's a fair point - until recently, our only thing we had in common was that we were both representing Western Sydney.

In recent times, they've surpassed our achievements with a 20-year handicap on them, and it has reignited the rivalry.

But it sort of came out of nowhere - in the early 2000's, I don't recall a big fuss being made of the "Western Sydney derby" whenever we played Penrith.
Yeah we had bigger rivalries with Bulldogs & Manly for a lot longer.

I would probably put Penrith in that bucket now simply because we have played each other in a GF and the past 4-5 years in plenty of big games & finals that have had controversy and big moments/close finishes.

Like since 2020 we had Moses miss a penalty goal after the siren in 2021, we also lost a semi final by 2 points where we were completely dudded.

In 2022 we beat Penrith twice including Chinboy getting sent off, we then played them in 2 more finals including a GF.

Last year we had the 2 point Cleary FG after the siren that sent the game to Extra time and Moses winning it Golden Point.

Throw in the likes of Reg, Carty, Michael Jennings in the past decade coming across as well.

The rivalry has got bigger in the past 5 years and i think for the next 10-15 years will be like when we play the Dogs and Manly.

Plus Penrith have found some bandwagoners now so they actually have a larger fanbase.

hindy111

Post Whore
He knows it's a big rivalry, but isn't sure why.

To be honest, it's a fair point - until recently, our only thing we had in common was that we were both representing Western Sydney.

In recent times, they've surpassed our achievements with a 20-year handicap on them, and it has reignited the rivalry.

But it sort of came out of nowhere - in the early 2000's, I don't recall a big fuss being made of the "Western Sydney derby" whenever we played Penrith.

We've gone from Big brother to little brother. Kind of become their bitches.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
^^^

The Red V has allegedly rejected Lomax’s plea to discuss contractual matters with other teams. Parramatta is reportedly engrossed in bringing in the dynamic back towards the western side of Sydney, where he would presumably serve as a centre player.

84 Baby

Referee
Simonsson displayed confidence stating, “Whilst I currently perform a winger’s duties, I am ready to extend my best performance if required to centre play.”
I remember that comment well from Fox League

84 Baby

Referee
Despite an initial hesitation due to Moses’ groin injury during the Canterbury match victorious conclusion, he assured a full recovery from it. He stated, “Despite a minor pull while kicking, it has gotten better with the passage of the game. It’s alright now.”

hindy111

Post Whore
^^^

The Red V has allegedly rejected Lomax’s plea to discuss contractual matters with other teams. Parramatta is reportedly engrossed in bringing in the dynamic back towards the western side of Sydney, where he would presumably serve as a centre player.

?.

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
Yeah we had bigger rivalries with Bulldogs & Manly for a lot longer.

I would probably put Penrith in that bucket now simply because we have played each other in a GF and the past 4-5 years in plenty of big games & finals that have had controversy and big moments/close finishes.

Like since 2020 we had Moses miss a penalty goal after the siren in 2021, we also lost a semi final by 2 points where we were completely dudded.

In 2022 we beat Penrith twice including Chinboy getting sent off, we then played them in 2 more finals including a GF.

Last year we had the 2 point Cleary FG after the siren that sent the game to Extra time and Moses winning it Golden Point.

Throw in the likes of Reg, Carty, Michael Jennings in the past decade coming across as well.

The rivalry has got bigger in the past 5 years and i think for the next 10-15 years will be like when we play the Dogs and Manly.

Plus Penrith have found some bandwagoners now so they actually have a larger fanbase.
I highly doubt they have a bigger fan base than us. How many games do they sell out?

King-Gutho94

Coach
I highly doubt they have a bigger fan base than us. How many games do they sell out?
Yeah I didnt finish my sentence off well. They have a larger fan base now then what they had 10-15 years ago.

We have them covered but no doubt the Penrith Community are more behind them now then ever before and it's still a growing area I reckon they can catch up very easily.

Kids growing up love jumping on a winner.

TheRam

Coach

See now that is how you speak about the club and coach you play for(not the first time either) and when it is time for contract talks you are willing to take at little bit less, just like Carty has, which can help keep the best players together and have the right depth to win a title or two.

Not push and push for every possible cent you and your manager can get out of the club and drag it out for months in the media and thus influence other players in the squad to follow suit.

Yes Gutho and Moses, I'm looking squarely at both of you two merkins. Shameful carry ons from both of you and not what you want to see from your two most senior players.

Carty take a bow. I applaud you. You have come of age young man. He is quickly becoming my favorite Parra player now. If he maintains his stellar form of 2023 and this season both on and off the ball, he will be our best forward and rival RCG as the leader of the pack.

Champion.

King-Gutho94

Coach
See now that is how you speak about the club and coach you play for(not the first time either) and when it is time for contract talks you are willing to take at little bit less, just like Carty has, which can help keep the best players together and have the right depth to win a title or two.

Not push and push for every possible cent you and your manager can get out of the club and drag it out for months in the media and thus influence other players in the squad to follow suit.

Yes Gutho and Moses, I'm looking squarely at both of you two merkins. Shameful carry ons from both of you and not what you want to see from your two most senior players.

Carty take a bow. I applaud you. You have come of age young man. He is quickly becoming my favorite Parra player now. If he maintains his stellar form of 2023 and this season both on and off the ball, he will be our best forward and rival RCG as the leader of the pack.

Champion.
A shame his form wasn't quite there in 2022 when we made the GF.

Could have made a huge difference. And then moved Papali'i to come off the bench.

I would have had carty on the bench anyway but i understand why he wasn't.

TheRam

Coach
A shame his form wasn't quite there in 2022 when we made the GF.

Could have made a huge difference. And then moved Papali'i to come off the bench.

I would have had carty on the bench anyway but i understand why he wasn't.

Spot on. In the form he has been displaying he most definitely would have made at least some much needed positive difference, especially in the early part of the game while everyone else was sleeping and totally off the pace.

But mind you I still think the game up in Townsville the week before had the largest negative influence on our fatigued squad more than anything else.