What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah I dunno.

According to Rugby League Project, Baker never played hooker in his career (the shin pads guys).

Also

IMG_1796.jpeg

King-Gutho94

Coach
In my defence, I only started watching rugby league in 2000.
For me it was 1999.

Are you like me and already bored with all the success Parra have had since then.

3 GF Losses and 3 Wooden Spoons it's been a fun journey.

Who cares about premierships when we get to watch a yearly car crash in slow motion involving the blue and golds.

Gronk

Staff member
I still want to know what happened to Billy Rogers.

1719547876023.png

Signed from the Storm. Played off the bench in Rnds 3, 5, 6, 8 and 10.

NRL SAYS - In Rnd 10 vs Cows, he played 17 minutes. Ran 5m, 18 tackles, 2 missed, 3 ineffective. (My memory says that is BS)

Then he disappeared.

=========================

I asked ChatGPT and she said

Billy Rogers played for the Parramatta Eels in 2011, appearing in Rounds 3, 5, 6, 8, and 10. Despite a promising start, Rogers did not continue his NRL career beyond this period. His departure from top-tier rugby league was due to a combination of team dynamics, coaching decisions, and his performance compared to other players in the squad. After his stint with the Eels, there is no substantial record of him continuing in the NRL or switching to another professional team. His brief professional career highlights the competitive and challenging nature of maintaining a position in top-level rugby league (Wikipedia) (Rugby League Project).

I asked Gemini and she said

Billy Rogers' NRL career with the Parramatta Eels was short-lived due to personal reasons. Here's what we know:

• He signed a two-year deal in 2011 but requested a release after just six games.
  • News articles suggest he had personal issues he needed to address [5].
  • After leaving Parramatta, he returned home to Queensland and played for the Gympie Devils, his junior club [5].
While details about his personal reasons aren't publicly available, it's clear he prioritized them over continuing in the NRL.

I asked COPILOT and she said

Billy Rogers, who played for the Parramatta Eels in 2011, indeed had a brief NRL career. Although he was listed for 5 games, he never actually set foot on the field during any of them1. After his time with the Eels, he left for personal reasons and continued his rugby league career elsewhere. He went on to play for the Gympie Devils, winning two premierships, and later moved to the United States to play for the Jacksonville Axemen. In 2015, he played for the Northern Outlaws in the Sunshine Coast Gympie Rugby League competition, and in 2017, he signed with the Underbank Rangers in the English Pennine League2. It seems his departure from the NRL was a personal choice, leading him to explore opportunities in different leagues and countries.

This site's search engine only goes back to 2013.

1719548693597.png

1719547789954.png

Stagger eel

Staff member
classic story regarding John Baker...

back in the 70s they trained 2 nights a week and it was a ritual for every player to get to the royal oak post session for a bevvie, on one particular night the team which included Baker turned up at the pub as planned and he noticed another player already there that didn't turn up to training, John asked him why he didn't go to trai8ning and he replied he twisted his ankle at the game so he was given the night off training.

john grabbed him, dragged him at the back politely asked him which ankle was sore, than stomped on it, he then dragged him back inside and bought him a beer. lol

Chipmunk

Coach

View attachment 90256

NRL SAYS - In Rnd 10 vs Cows, he played 17 minutes. Ran 5m, 18 tackles, 2 missed, 3 ineffective. (My memory says that is BS)

Then he disappeared.

Billy Rogers played for the Parramatta Eels in 2011, appearing in Rounds 3, 5, 6, 8, and 10. Despite a promising start, Rogers did not continue his NRL career beyond this period. His departure from top-tier rugby league was due to a combination of team dynamics, coaching decisions, and his performance compared to other players in the squad. After his stint with the Eels, there is no substantial record of him continuing in the NRL or switching to another professional team. His brief professional career highlights the competitive and challenging nature of maintaining a position in top-level rugby league (Wikipedia) (Rugby League Project).

Billy Rogers' NRL career with the Parramatta Eels was short-lived due to personal reasons. Here's what we know:

• He signed a two-year deal in 2011 but requested a release after just six games.
  • After leaving Parramatta, he returned home to Queensland and played for the Gympie Devils, his junior club [5].
While details about his personal reasons aren't publicly available, it's clear he prioritized them over continuing in the NRL.

Billy Rogers, who played for the Parramatta Eels in 2011, indeed had a brief NRL career. Although he was listed for 5 games, he never actually set foot on the field during any of them1. After his time with the Eels, he left for personal reasons and continued his rugby league career elsewhere. He went on to play for the Gympie Devils, winning two premierships, and later moved to the United States to play for the Jacksonville Axemen. In 2015, he played for the Northern Outlaws in the Sunshine Coast Gympie Rugby League competition, and in 2017, he signed with the Underbank Rangers in the English Pennine League2. It seems his departure from the NRL was a personal choice, leading him to explore opportunities in different leagues and countries.

View attachment 90258

View attachment 90255
Billy Rogers never got on the field? Not even for a couple of minutes??

View attachment 90256

Then he disappeared.

View attachment 90258

View attachment 90255
Played for Jacksonville in the USA league in 2016...

So 2012-20155 Sunshine Coast
2016 USA
2017 England
2018- ????

Edit: A few google hits for a Billy Rogers with West Brisbane Panthers in 2018, and then nothing.

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach

View attachment 90256

Then he disappeared.
I have done some research and figured out what happened to Billy

We left him in Townsville and shipped him off to Magnetic Island never to be seen again.

His final game we were up 26-16 in that game Super Coach Kearney took Hindmarsh off who was watching JT like a hawk with 17 to go.

Billy replaced Hindy and the Cows went on to score 24 points in 17 mins to win 40-26.

Mystery solved1719549496178.png

Eelementary

Post Whore
For me it was 1999.

Are you like me and already bored with all the success Parra have had since then.

3 GF Losses and 3 Wooden Spoons it's been a fun journey.

Who cares about premierships when we get to watch a yearly car crash in slow motion involving the blue and golds.

I'm considering switching teams, tbh - I'm so sick of always being the team to beat. It's boring.