What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
I'm not saying we should...

But, hypothetically...

But he's surely be a cheap prospect, at his age, and given his injury, and since he is 36, and no longer the star of the show, he may be worth a shot to fill in some of our backline issues...
He's going to play for Two Blues apparently.

Angry_eel

First Grade

But, hypothetically...

But he'd surely be a cheap prospect, at his age, and given he is no longer the star of the show, he may be worth a shot to fill in some of our backline issues...
LOL So we sign Hardie's as sponsor and sign Jarryd as a player. We might as well wear Free Palestine Jerseys after that. Don't think any sports organisation can have more negative coverage.

TheRam

Coach

But, hypothetically...

But he'd surely be a cheap prospect, at his age, and given he is no longer the star of the show, he may be worth a shot to fill in some of our backline issues...

At 36 I would be stunned if he couldn't do a better job then Sivo or Russell. If he is anywhere near his previous speed and power alone he would be worth a shot. With a new hard arse coach and very few mate of the past left at the club he would need to just knuckle down and prove himself all over again. I would take a punt on him and if he showed any attitude or disruptive behaviour I would spear him off immediately. I would also make this abundantly clear to him from the very start.

But that's just me. I have a very soft spot for the talent that he has/had. I have never seen anyone with that much talent and I am very sad that things have gone the way they have for him and for the lost opportunity our club again has found itself in in regards to the best juniors we have produced over the last decade or so. Something almost always goes wrong.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At 36 I would be stunned if he couldn't do a better job then Sivo or Russell. If he is anywhere near his previous speed and power alone he would be worth a shot. With a new hard arse coach and very few mate of the past left at the club he would need to just knuckle down and prove himself all over again. I would take a punt on him and if he showed any attitude or disruptive behaviour I would spear him off immediately. I would also make this abundantly clear to him from the very start.

But that's just me. I have a very soft spot for the talent that he has/had. I have never seen anyone with that much talent and I am very sad that things have gone the way they have for him and for the lost opportunity our club again has found itself in in regards to the best juniors we have produced over the last decade or so. Something almost always goes wrong.
We are not allowed nice things.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
View attachment 91248

The bigger pic is here, gamma correction applied.

I will agree on Riley Smith.

So L to R.

Carty
Hands
Smith
Some guy in a singlet
Mystery guy
Lorrenzo
Lane
Matto
Reg

If you are saying that Mystery guy is Dlybags, then no don't think so.

This was Dylan vs Titans.

View attachment 91249

Can't be bothered going forward then back. The players from L-R are: Carty, Hands, Ryda Talagi, Lachlan Coinaikis, and I think Lorenzo Talataina

yy_cheng

Coach

yeah Jarryd, Semi and Fui and maybe Jason Smith were my all time faves not from the 80s.

Hayne had incredible skills, i'd say the most gifted out of everyone I'd seen. He had size, power, smarts, speed, passing, kicking and attitude to win.

If he was in a better team, he would've had heaps of GF trophies.

All the other so called GOATS only had a few skills that they excelled at. Jarryd had a very very wide skillset.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
yeah Jarryd, Semi and Fui and maybe Jason Smith were my all time faves not from the 80s.

Hayne had incredible skills, i'd say the most gifted out of everyone I'd seen. He had size, power, smarts, speed, passing, kicking and attitude to win.

If he was in a better team, he would've had heaps of GF trophies.

All the other so called GOATS only had a few skills that they excelled at. Jarryd had a very very wide skillset.
And a brain in his dick

eels_fan

First Grade
Anyone considering Hayne playing any elite professional sport again is insane

bloke hasn’t formally trained in 6 years, and been living off prison rations for half that time with isn’t athlete friendly nutrition.

it’s a totally different situation to Jennings

Are we also overlooking that prior to last year (and this) the only time we’ve the top 8 in the prior 6 years was when he came back to the club. Poor trainer and training efforts - last thing we need at the club.

closest he should get to the club is sitting in the stands

Latest posts