What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

JokerEel

Coach
Paywalled. Does the article have quotes or is it a Buzz / Hooper claim ?

NRL 2024: Parramatta Eels targeted Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy with $10m contract to replace Brad Arthur
Before securing Jason Ryles as their new head coach, Parramatta offered Storm coach Craig Bellamy an NRL record $10 million contract to replace Brad Arthur and save the strife-torn Eels.

Peter Badel
Travis Meyn
and
Brent Read
4 min read
October 4, 2024 - 6:00AM
News Sport Network

Not the usual Buzz Hooper article but these 3 other Muppets

T.S Quint

Coach
Just a small tin pot club with no money.

It's not that we don't have money, it's that we haven't been willing to spend enough of it.
Also other clubs have more money.

I can't read the article so not sure over how many years this $10m was over, but from the outside looking in it seems a crazy decision to turn down that amount of money. He either really wants to retire soon, does not want to leave Melbourne or is afraid of f**king up his legacy with another team away from the Storm system.

King-Gutho94

Coach
It's not that we don't have money, it's that we haven't been willing to spend enough of it.
Also other clubs have more money.

I can't read the article so not sure over how many years this $10m was over, but from the outside looking in it seems a crazy decision to turn down that amount of money. He either really wants to retire soon, does not want to leave Melbourne or is afraid of f**king up his legacy with another team away from the Storm system.
I dont blame the club for giving it a crack despite it being probably a 10 million to 1 shot anyway.

Bellamy has never lived or worked in Sydney as far as i believe despite being from NSW.

Grew up in Portland in the country moved to Canberra as a player then coached there before moving to the Broncos in Brisbane under Bennett for 6-7 years then signed with Melbourne.

I think he prefers flying under the radar down there where he can just coach without much publicity and bring in all the WWE crew to train up the players.

He has a job for life and does he really need the money i assume he has set up the family for life. He is probably been on close to 2 million a year anyway for the past 5 or 6 years.

Plus he has knocked back the Broncos about 6 times already hasn't he.

Latest posts