What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels lineup v Souths

bartman

Immortal
well I'm a gambler and I'll put money on the side not lining up as selected
You thinking Mortimer will start at 6 Twiz? Reddy back to centres etc.

That's about the only change I can think of happening, just covering the kid up from a few days of media focus/pressure.

SDM

First Grade
I reckon Reddy will just defend 3 in, then play wing or centre in attack, with burt at 6.

Blue Bagger 66

Juniors
great post! nice and positive!

Thanks BB :D you made me smile - GO KINGA

Thanks Jess... I've had a fair bit to do with Kinga since his Newtown days and I know he is chafing at the bit to prove himself to Parramatta fans. He's a heart and soul player who always gives 110% and one of the small majority of NRL players these days that don't have their heads up the b*ms!. The kid had a tough year with injury at the Sharks last year but like I've said before with 50+ first grade games to his name he's no mug. I also think that bringing new players into a team can bring a much needed enthusiasm to the others.

Souths are going to be tough because of their confidence building win over the Tigers but Parra did beat them the week after they thumped the Roosters when we last met in Round 2. I expect a tight game.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I agree, its like when the Broncos selected Tonnie Carrol at five eight a couple years back when they were injury ravaged, the main reason they did it was a defensive one.

Im worried because the only play maker that we can rely on to perform well is Matt Keating. I hope the whole team can work off what he dose.

Gotta play adlib footy, but I think Souths are better at that then we are so we might be in a fair bit of trouble.

I tip Galavao to have a great game.

Fee

Juniors
Thanks Jess... I've had a fair bit to do with Kinga since his Newtown days and I know he is chafing at the bit to prove himself to Parramatta fans. He's a heart and soul player who always gives 110% and one of the small majority of NRL players these days that don't have their heads up the b*ms!. The kid had a tough year with injury at the Sharks last year but like I've said before with 50+ first grade games to his name he's no mug. I also think that bringing new players into a team can bring a much needed enthusiasm to the others.

Souths are going to be tough because of their confidence building win over the Tigers but Parra did beat them the week after they thumped the Roosters when we last met in Round 2. I expect a tight game.

I cant wait to see him play in first grade, I have enjoyed watching him play for Wenty a few times, hope he has a good one. I am actually surprised how excited I am about this game, didnt expect to.

Nikki

Coach
Rip Taylor actually made a comment about the split rounds and byes after our last home game. Said something along the lines of, as a coach, its harder to find consistency with all the stops and starts.

caylo

Bench
I wouldn't have had a problem had Kinga been named at #7, IMO he would be better than Robson and he did play there last year for Cronulla reserve grade tream. Kinga could also move into lock and play as an extra playmaker, he would do better than Lowrie IMO and he is a very good defender.

Reddy is a smart choice in the 6 IMO, he has a good kicking game and can kick of both feet (would you believe). Hayne will play more a 5-8 role IMO because while Reddy has a good kicking and running game, his passing game is limited and that is where Hayne could come in. I think we will see hayne move into a second reciver in attack and Reddy move outside him and play the extra 5-8 role.

Mortimer will play IMO, and come on after about 30min to replace Robson or Kinga (depends who plays).

lewiscook

Juniors
I wouldn't have had a problem had Kinga been named at #7, IMO he would be better than Robson and he did play there last year for Cronulla reserve grade tream. Kinga could also move into lock and play as an extra playmaker, he would do better than Lowrie IMO and he is a very good defender.

Reddy is a smart choice in the 6 IMO, he has a good kicking game and can kick of both feet (would you believe). Hayne will play more a 5-8 role IMO because while Reddy has a good kicking and running game, his passing game is limited and that is where Hayne could come in. I think we will see hayne move into a second reciver in attack and Reddy move outside him and play the extra 5-8 role.

Mortimer will play IMO, and come on after about 30min to replace Robson or Kinga (depends who plays).

TBH,
i don't agree with the rotating of your halves.
i feel that you pick a 5-8 and halfback and stick by them for the full 80, unless they get injured etc, our match against manly showed how lost we were when losing our 7, it really stuffs our side up.
i say pick a 7 and 6, stick by them so the rest of the team no the go to man and who to run decoys etc for.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
You thinking Mortimer will start at 6 Twiz? Reddy back to centres etc.

That's about the only change I can think of happening, just covering the kid up from a few days of media focus/pressure.

need some one with a kicking game, I haven't seen Reddy kick

more like Burty at 5/8

Caylo may not be a certain starter, perhaps Benny could slot back in of Caylo is out

I dont see Mortimer playing 5/8 and with Robson named, one of those two will sit out.

If Kelly were named at 18, then he would be there to play 5/8, not half, so they may have both played.

caylo

Bench
if robson plays the whole match with Reddy we throw the long ball out of our game IMO. MKeating is the only play of the 6,7 and 9 that can throw a long ball and he will be working out of hooker the whole night.

If Kinga plays at #7 ill agree with you and keep him there for the whole match, but Robson at 7 with Reddy for the whole match is murder IMO. It would work with a real halfback not a psudo one.

lewiscook

Juniors
if robson plays the whole match with Reddy we throw the long ball out of our game IMO. MKeating is the only play of the 6,7 and 9 that can throw a long ball and he will be working out of hooker the whole night.

If Kinga plays at #7 ill agree with you and keep him there for the whole match, but Robson at 7 with Reddy for the whole match is murder IMO. It would work with a real halfback not a psudo one.

i see what you mean.
its going to be a tough few days for ando.
what dan mort like at the long ball?

caylo

Bench
Dan Mortimer has a good long ball, not tim smith like, but better than KK IMO. If Dan does get a few games and can play well enough, when KK comes back they could produce a good combo; with KK at halfback (just taken so well to the position IMO) and Mortimer at 5-8. Both have very good running games (KK so much better thou) and good long kicking games. Mortimer passing game in general is better than KK IMO (both short and long) which might suit him to be two off the ruck instead of one off the ruck.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Ben Smith? Maybe coach wasn't happy with two hit-ups and minor number of tackles from a back rower after all... I prefer Joe G starting anyway.
If Anderson hadn't taken him off twice whilst leaving Lowrie and Hindmarsh on the field for 80 minutes, he would have been higher.

Of any of the backrowers, Ben Smith should be the one playing 80 minutes.

But anyway, your team. It just disappoints me because he's in my VNRL.

bart1987

Juniors
Joel Reddy was named in the 6 jersey this week?

Will he playe there? Does anyone know if he has played there before?

Latest posts