What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eels meeting tonight

dazeely

First Grade
Twizzle said:
good to see some initiative being taken by the players

problem is that they have shown too much initiative off the field rather than on it. All I've heard this season to date is how they are going to do this and that.

Lets hope that Fui leads from the front as he knows best and a few of the others will be embarrased into showing some ticker. We seem to be lacking a real leader on the park. Cayless and Smith have gone missing to date. Poor Hindy has too much on his plate.

Forget the talk and perform.

The Colonel

Immortal
A lot of people are talking up Fui as the saviour to our season. The bloke has played half a game since Round 26 last year and as fit as he looks he will be shockingly rusty. I highly doubt he will come straight back into first grade after the bye having not played any games.

I'm over the talk but Fui is just one person and its going to take a bit more than just Fui.

dazeely

First Grade
yeah but at least we know that Fui will leave everything he has out on the field.

all be it in short bursts. can't do any worse than some of the performances up front to date.

The Colonel

Immortal
dazeely said:
yeah but at least we know that Fui will leave everything he has out on the field.

all be it in short bursts. can't do any worse than some of the performances up front to date.

He could also be out for nine weeks in the space of ten seconds with his tackling technique or lack thereof. I like Fui but he is a time bomb waiting to go off......

He'll help but he isn't the full answer.

stuke

Bench
<UPtheEELS> said:
Every little bit helps. Bench is ineffective this year.

definitely. last year it was a strength of ours. this year we are getting nothing from them.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I've gotta agree with Nikki

The players don't deserve anytime off they barely deserve to be paid at all so far this year.

Suitman

Post Whore
Nikki said:
Im sorry, today is there day off???? I woulda have em working their arses off in that gym. You get a win, you get a day off!!! lol

Well, you would think that someone who is being paid $300 k's a year would have had them working their arses off today after yesterday's effort?

Maybe he has been out watching tapes of next years team.

Suity

eel4life

Juniors
thanks for the video, Hindy Summed it up they are not having a go where usually we are very good at.

Meetings like this means one thing they are fair dinkum, hopefully they all have a go from now on.

THATS ALL WE WANT FOR THEM TO HAVE A DIG.

as long as they do that they will be ok.

Haynzy

First Grade
I tend to agree with Colonel.

It will take more than one bloke firing up to save them.

like hindy said everyone needs to be out there competing.
Hindy is missing Morro but Taia will go well until he's back.

hopefully Marcus will be better for the game and his fantastic defence we keep hearing about will appear.

I like that Sideshow has a go but geeze sometimes i think Paul Carige is giving him a bit of coaching on the side.

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's a lack of fitness. Pure and simple.

How else can you explain the fact that for 3 weeks in a row now we've played very well in the first half but self-destructed in the second?

strider

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
It's a lack of fitness. Pure and simple.

How else can you explain the fact that for 3 weeks in a row now we've played very well in the first half but self-destructed in the second?

someone spiked our oranges?

Haynzy

First Grade
get with the times strides...........no one has oranges anymore.

it's all cantalopes and lychees