What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eels meeting tonight

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Just because they aren't playing doesn't mean they are on holidays Suity.

They were back in training in mid to late November. They had two weeks over Christmas and were back into it again straight after. ;-)

OK, so they had 10 weeks off instead of 12.
My bad.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:
They're making these big errors after a break...It makes no sense!

Makes plenty of sense. Their minds are elsewhere at the moment. New contracts, new coaches, old coaches, last year, next year. There isn't any focus on 2006.

Hurriflatch

Referee
THis issue on a fade just after half time has been happening since the trials this year.

Trials may not mean a lot but it's obvious now that the warning signs were around then.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Makes plenty of sense. Their minds are elsewhere at the moment. New contracts, new coaches, old coaches, last year, next year. There isn't any focus on 2006.

Well, honestly, that sucks.

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
So then all this talk of "We're going to fix it, we're going to fix it" is all rubbish?

So, basically, 2006 is a write-off?

Because up until July 1st, they can't possibly be focusing on us, and by then it would be too late.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Their minds are elsewhere at the moment.

And who's job is it to get their minds on the job?
Oh, that's right, maybe his mind is elsewhere as well.

Suity

Hurriflatch

Referee
If their minds are on getting contracts and not winning games they simply don't deserve a new contract

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
And who's job is it to get their minds on the job?
Oh, that's right, maybe his mind is elsewhere as well.

Suity

True to an extent. The players are big enough to focus on the job ahead - they've pretty much admitted that in the last couple of days.

There is a fix to that problem...... but the option won't be taken.

Eelementary said:
So then all this talk of "We're going to fix it, we're going to fix it" is all rubbish?

Because up until July 1st, they can't possibly be focusing on us, and by then it would be too late.

Maybe they need a wake up call to get everyone on the Mystical Page 71. Oh wait a minute. . .

The Colonel

Immortal
Eelementary said:

If the talk they had last night addressed the obvious problems than they may well be back at page 71. I'm not convinced 2006 is a write off yet. But they need a long hard look in the mirror.

The whole issue boils down to...if you play good footy then the chances of being retained by your current club or being on the radar of another club are heightened.

Surely it has to be win/win....they fight for their contracts and playing as if their life depended on it which should then produce good results.

The Colonel

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
The whole issue boils down to...if you play good footy then the chances of being retained by your current club or being on the radar of another club are heightened.

Still the distractions caused by clubs and managers badgering you about signing or not signing - particularly for young players - when the team isn't playing well doesn't exactly help your mind set.

June 30 can be good, it can also be a curse.

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Still the distractions caused by clubs and managers badgering you about signing or not signing - particularly for young players - when the team isn't playing well doesn't exactly help your mind set.

Oh, come on!!!!

I'm on the field, there are 30 000 eyes watching me, someone is about to pass me the ball and there is a gap in front of me. I have two players in support.

Do you really think that I am thinking about my contract next year when I drop the ball?? :roll:

Suity

yy_cheng

Coach
LOL !!!

But then, it could affect their preparation or training before they get on the field.

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Oh, come on!!!!

I'm on the field, there are 30 000 eyes watching me, someone is about to pass me the ball and there is a gap in front of me. I have two players in support.

Do you really think that I am thinking about my contract next year when I drop the ball?? :roll:

Suity

No but your mind may not have been on the job at practise or before the game meaning you weren't totally focused on the job ahead.

If at 20 years old and you'd just finished your apprenticeship and a bloke walked up and said come and work for me and I'll give you $150,000 but the company that put you through your apprenticeship wants you to stay for $140,000. Meanwhile the guy who you worked for during your apprenticeship has been shafted by the company and they have a new boss coming in that you know nothing about and you aren't too sure you can work with. Meanwhile your old boss is distracted and doesn't totally have his mind on the job at the moment.

Doesn't necessarily play on your mind standing on a ladder but it would be a distraction before the day started, at the pub after work and while you slept.

I'm sorry Suity but people do get distracted. Maybe you don't but you could well be a lot stronger minded.

Redback71

First Grade
Do you really think that I am thinking about my contract next year when I drop the ball??
nah his thinking who do i pass the bloody ball too...."bugger it i cant make my mind up so ill just drop the bloody thing"

Suitman

Post Whore
yy_cheng said:
LOL !!!

But then, it could affect their preparation or training before they get on the field.

With all due respect YY...............bullsh*t.

It's then Brians job to make sure their heads are where they are supposed to be.
Frankly, I think our form is a TEAM effort. Everyone is underperforming - including BS.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
With all due respect YY...............bullsh*t.

It's then Brians job to make sure their heads are where they are supposed to be.
Frankly, I think our form is a TEAM effort. Everyone is underperforming - including BS.

Suity

With all due respect Suity I'm failing to comprehend why someone can't understand that people can be distracted. You've never been distracted at work by a phone call from the bank or your wife because one of the kids are sick?