What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels move two games to Telstra Stadium

The Colonel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
I've got no problem with moving games to Telstra

but not games of those team(s) that play there regularly

with Telstra paying $$$ just to get their venue used wouldn't games against Brisbane, Penrith, Storm, Manly all net the same gains as those against the Tigers, Bunnies or Dogs?

Telstra are going to make money from gate receipts and food sales - the general deal they have given clubs in the past is a flat rate - seven figures mostly and the clubs aren't responsible for any expenses. They would offer more money for games against teams like the Dragons and Bulldogs because historically those crowds draw well - the 50,000 for the semi case in point which should easily equate to the crowd of 35,000 for a normal round game.

Brisbane, Storm and Manly are not going to draw a crowd in excess of 20,000 - they only just fill Parramatta Stadium unless it is the final game of the season. Penrith may well be another game they would look to move in the future.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Parra v Dragons at Parra this year didn't seem to draw a HUGE crowd.

Yes the dragons were running near the bottom of the table but whos to say the same won't happen in 2008?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
moving the Dogs game to the Dogs home ground.......................hmm....:-k

Suitman

Post Whore
I think we should all ask Macca a pertinent question here.............

How long is the walk from Telstra to the Rose and Crown?

Suity

P.S. I'll bet the answer is 5 minutes.

Glenn

First Grade
Suitman said:
I think we should all ask Macca a pertinent question here.............

How long is the walk from Telstra to the Rose and Crown?

Suity

P.S. I'll bet the answer is 5 minutes.

Translated, at least 20minutes :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
so we give the Dogs another home game

and don't the Dragons also play a few games a year at Telstra?

what next move the home game against the Panthers to CUA stadium?

or maybe move the home game against Brisbane to Sandcrap stadium?

then maybe move the home game against the Storm to Telstra Dome and let Brian Waldon mark the field?

Fu*king stupid gay arsed cra*

Bulldogs v Eels R21 2007: Eels 34-22
Bulldogs v Eels SF#1 2007: Eels 25-6

:sleeper:

big boppa eel

Juniors
Im confused, could anyone tell me the last time the "house full" sign went up last at parra stadium?, I don't mind a couple of games being played at Telstra but we have the best viewing ground in the league why will Telstra attract more people when you light years away from the action.

Dav3

Juniors
big boppa eel said:
Im confused, could anyone tell me the last time the "house full" sign went up last at parra stadium?, I don't mind a couple of games being played at Telstra but we have the best viewing ground in the league why will Telstra attract more people when you light years away from the action.

Sunday the 29th of July 2007 - Round 20 - Vs Manly

And its not that it will attract more people .. its that it will fit more people.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
As much as I like a big crowd at a Eels/Bulldogs and a Eels/Dragons game, I think its ridiculous theyre moving it Telstra.:x

Parramatta plays their home games at their spiritual ground Parramatta, I dont care if its not big enough to accomidate a crowd of over 21,000, its their home ground. Wests Tigers didnt want to move their Leichhardt game and I applaud them for doing that.

Playing it at Telstra wont feel like a home game, not only does Bulldogs play there but the Dragons will play there cause of the redevelopment of Kogarah.

Beating those teams at Parramatta Stadium in front 20k is just awesome. If we win those games at Telstra it will be great but wont feel the same.

Im really getting sick of teams moving to Telstra, when will we see all teams play at their own home grounds, Telstra should be used for semi finals, GF's, Origins, and maybe double headers.

Nikki

Coach
Am I the only one here who HATES Telstra Stadium? I hate getting there, I hate the atmosphere... Just Hate it!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
also forgot to mention what happens to season ticket holders?

do we get a similar seat? highly unlikely. how do we know what seats we've got?

I got seats in the Cronin Stand, almost halfway.

strider

Post Whore
Nikki said:
Am I the only one here who HATES Telstra Stadium? I hate getting there, I hate the atmosphere... Just Hate it!
mmmmmm - i'm not a big fan of it either ..... i wouldn't say i totally hate it, but its not great ..... i'd rather the games stayed at parra stadium tbh

strider

Post Whore
PARRA_FAN said:
also forgot to mention what happens to season ticket holders?

do we get a similar seat? highly unlikely. how do we know what seats we've got?

I got seats in the Cronin Stand, almost halfway.

yeah - was wondering that too .... will actual seats be allocated and we will be notified? or will they just say we can sit in bays x y z?

so many questions :-s

Latest posts