What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels move two games to Telstra Stadium

Nikki

Coach
I boycotted every game at Telstra this year bar the Semi Final. If I could get those seats everytime I would be there tho!!

Hellsy

Immortal
f**k me dead I hate Telstra..... now I have to give up my perfectly good seat on the halfway line for some f**ked up seat at Telstar Great... well done...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Great move by the Parramatta club, a bigger crowd will be there and we wont the DT telling everyone it's a sell-out when its not, people will turn up as they're guareented a seat.

My only problem with the move is? why didn't we move the Manly or Tigers game to Telstra instead of the Saints? yes a succesful Parra & Dragons side will generate a huge crowd, but i guareente a bigger crowd would occur between the two sides i mentioned.

Great move by the club, and great day for Parramatta fans. A win/win situation for all including financially.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Nikki said:
Am I the only one here who HATES Telstra Stadium? I hate getting there, I hate the atmosphere... Just Hate it!

I agree

I only get to Parra stadium once a year, but thats because its Parra stadium, thats why I go.

So I wont be seeing the dogs or drags play next year.

Nikki

Coach
I'd actually prefer driving all the way into the city to the SFS rather than going to Telstra.

Suitman

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
I agree

I only get to Parra stadium once a year, but thats because its Parra stadium, thats why I go.

So I wont be seeing the dogs or drags play next year.

Plenty of other teams that you hate though....... Manly, Broncs, Tiges - they're all great home games....

Suity

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
This is sad.

Sad for us, sad for the club, sad for the game as a whole.

The comp is losing it's character, and this decision only adds to that. Parra Stadium is our home!

I've been making stupid jokes that we might as well get all Sydney teams to play out of Telstra on big gala days every second week. Seems my stupid jokes aren't that far off the mark.

If the club was serious about its fans, it would offer two season ticket packages. One without these two games on it, and one with.

I fear that this is a major sign that the club I love is no more, and that there are more of these kinds of decisions to come.

I won't be going.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
sign of the times...

in melbourne, there is no footy played out of suburban grounds anymore. all the melbourne clubs play their home games at the MCG or Telstra Dome.

in the next few years, would not be surprised if all games between sydney teams were played out of telstra or the sfs.
the suburban grounds would be used for matches between a sydney team and an interstate team.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It's great for the game. I'd rather see 35-40,000 at a Parra vs Bundogs game then 19,000 at Parramatta stadium.

I agree we should still play games at Parra, but big games? milk it for all its worth and move it to bigger venues, financially it's more viable.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
AlexTheEel said:
Get over it. Its 2 games and they'll just be down the road.

f**k you.

Don't tell me how to respond.

Why doesn't Dennis admit the real reason for this? The Dogs v Eels game attracted 27 000 when it was towards the end of the season and built up as one of the biggest games of the year. We hardly need the extra capacity. Eels v Saints? You're having a laugh.

We're going there because Telstra are paying us. This has nothing to do with the fans at all.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
It's great for the game. I'd rather see 35-40,000 at a Parra vs Bundogs game then 19,000 at Parramatta stadium.

And when did we get 35 000 - 40 000 during the regular season?

strider

Post Whore
and it'll be so great if we aren't travelling so well and we get a massive 10,000 or so at a 80,000 seat stadium eh! .... :lol: ..... parra fans are notorious for going missing when the going gets tough

Stagger eel

Staff member
if there was a choice between moving one game to NZ or 2 games to TS I know which option I would choose.

for 4 or 5 seasons we've had to deal with moving a Home match to Wellington and yet we seem to have not mind at all, as TD says it's the sign of the times and although we'll never move from our spiritial ground it wouldn't surprise me if we move half our home games there within 5 years.

Stagger eel

Staff member
B-Tron 3000 said:
f**k you.

Why doesn't Dennis admit the real reason for this? The Dogs v Eels game attracted 27 000 when it was towards the end of the season and built up as one of the biggest games of the year. We hardly need the extra capacity. Eels v Saints? You're having a laugh.

We're going there because Telstra are paying us. This has nothing to do with the fans at all.

Mate, I don't think he'd have any trouble admitting that, it's a financial benefit and one that we deperately need.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
B-Tron 3000 said:

very true. the financial viability of the club in making money from the football operations rather than depending on the gambling money from the poker machines has nothing to do with the fans at all.

btw - the club is not taking our home game against the warriors to NZ this year.
so if it means that we take a couple of games down the road to telstra where most parra fans can get to if they wanted to is not such a bad trade-off.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
eelavation said:
Mate, I don't think he'd have any trouble admitting that, it's a financial benefit and one that we deperately need.

Why all the bullsh*t about the fans then? It would be more respectful to the fans to tell the real story, instead of selling us his bs.

I understand if they think they need to do it, but I don't trust the f**ker.

He doesn't care about us, and in my opinion that means we aren't a club, we are purely a business.

I want a club that is a business, not a business that is pretending to be a club.

We need fan representation on the board (even if its only to understand why decisions are made), and we need a new board. I hate these merkins. It's obvious why Price, Sterlo, Kenny don't want to go back there, the man leading the club has no heart.

The club continues to neglect its most prized asset. They take us for granted.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
B-Tron 3000 said:
And when did we get 35 000 - 40 000 during the regular season?

Parramatta stadium only holds 20,000

The West Tigers & Cantebury games both drew very healthy crowds. I reckon if the Manly & Cantebury games were moved we would've gotten 30,000 as well.

Supporters wont dare turn up to games if there is speculation of a sell-out, I included.

I'd rather have 35-40,000 at Telstra against Cantebury then 20,000 at Parra.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
B-Tron 3000 said:
f**k you.

You also forgot to mention that it had been raining all day so it was actually a good turn out.

Mason, O' Meley were out of there side as well.

See the other crowd they generated imo a meaningless finals match?