What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels move two games to Telstra Stadium

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
were we a souless club when we took a home game to another country??

Season ticket brochures when we did that said exactly what we were paying for. Completely different imo, going to NZ for ONE match v going to Telstra for 2, and sneaking the announcement out after people have renewed their season tickets to watch PARRAMATTA play at, wait for it...PARRAMATTA!!!

White fkn jerseys this year. Away games become a home game next year, whats next?

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
as much as i agree with that, the arguement is done to death and no way they'll justify it, atleast now they don't have an excuse if they refuse to have one when we do go to Telstra.

No, my point is they do have an excuse.

The excuses we have copped are bullsh*t excuses and dont disappear by going to telstra, unless the post match function is in the aquatic centre? :lol:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
eelavation said:
by the way B-Tron I read the media release and I'm still trying assertain where Fitzy is bullsh*tting???? the facilities for STH's are far superior than those we have at Parra and we have a golden opportunity to have post match functions at Telstra, something we haven't had for a couple of seasons.

Dude, you know exactly how he is bullsh*tting. I know there was talk about Fitzy moving into politics, and he should, because he can spin sh*t seven different ways. I never argued your points about cash, because they are probably closer to the truth. It certainly has f**k all to do with the extra fans they'll get through the gate. I think you know that.

But once again with this club it is the way it is done, and how it is handled.

Oh, let's drop a media release that tells the unsuspecting fans that there will be less games at Parra stadium, after they have paid for their season tickets, and then throw in some absolute muck about it being so we can fit more fans in.

Typical.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
fish eel said:
Season ticket brochures when we did that said exactly what we were paying for. Completely different imo, going to NZ for ONE match v going to Telstra for 2, and sneaking the announcement out after people have renewed their season tickets to watch PARRAMATTA play at, wait for it...PARRAMATTA!!!

White fkn jerseys this year. Away games become a home game next year, whats next?

Parramatta Wests Balmain TigerDogs?

Tyler Durden

Juniors
Nikki said:
Maybe its a double standard, but I didnt mind this at all. It was planned out, you werent charged for it in the season tickets, and it took the game to ppl who wouldnt normally get to see it (there are alot of Eels fans in NZ).

Taking 2 games to a stadium just down the road is just silly. Besides the whole money side of things I really dont see how this benefits us.

got a fair point there -
If people have already renewed their season tickets before this announcement, the club should offer them a refund ( at least for the 2 games ) if they are not happy about going to telstra.

Nikki

Coach
I for one probably wont be going to the Telstra games. I'll head out to Wenty instead ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
B-Tron 3000 said:
Oh Ben Kusto is a great example. Your ability to take conversations on pointless tangents knows no bounds.

Just like your idiotic rant now?

Did I say that they had to do everything the fans said? NO, I said they never listen to the fans voice.

Pretty much

I have no idea if Souths have a fan representation on their board. I'll tell you something though, PHaC comes across as much more approachable than the guy we've got.

So he should, he's trying to justify taking over Souths to the fans and members. And i think the move to Telstra was decided before Rusty and Pete.

I know all of Souths members got to vote as to whether they should privatise. Do we get vote on anything?

Maybe school kids should start telling the board of eductaion what to have in next years high school certificate *woffles*

Seriously take a panadol and go to sleep.

Clubs need to mamimize profits anyway they can to survive these days. If you cannot see how this is potentially a very financially viable exercise for our club, and an endeavor to push the club forward then seriously go and post at rleague, you and MattyO are alike in ways:lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'm not a big fan of fitzy, but imo this is a great move by the club.

I've stated that we should still have home games, but big games should be played at Telstra to accomodate all and to maximize profits.

Stagger eel

Staff member
fish eel said:
No, my point is they do have an excuse.

The excuses we have copped are bullsh*t excuses and dont disappear by going to telstra, unless the post match function is in the aquatic centre? :lol:

the same place where the Tigers and Souths have their function...at Telstra stadium.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
LOL at after match functions debate.

We can't have them, but the players seem to manage to turn up to the Rose.

Stagger eel

Staff member
B-Tron 3000 said:
Dude, you know exactly how he is bullsh*tting. I know there was talk about Fitzy moving into politics, and he should, because he can spin sh*t seven different ways. I never argued your points about cash, because they are probably closer to the truth. It certainly has f**k all to do with the extra fans they'll get through the gate. I think you know that.

But once again with this club it is the way it is done, and how it is handled.

Oh, let's drop a media release that tells the unsuspecting fans that there will be less games at Parra stadium, after they have paid for their season tickets, and then throw in some absolute muck about it being so we can fit more fans in.

Typical.

no I don't, that's why I'm asking the question..

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
In case I haven't made myself clear:

He's suggesting that this move is for the fans. As fisheel's complaints about the season tickets shows - it's not about us at all.

As you said - it's about the CASH.

Come out and say it Dennis!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Is that a bad thing? what would you do if you were runing an organisation and potentially there is a massive financial gain by playing a game 10 k's away ?

Stagger eel

Staff member
EELS TO PLAY TWO MATCHES AT TELSTRA STADIUM IN 2008
Thursday 18 October 2007

The Parramatta National Rugby League Club is pleased to announce that it will play two of its home matches of the 2008 Premiership season at Telstra Stadium.

The opponents in those matches will be the Bulldogs and St George Illawarra.

Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald says it is exciting news for the Club.

"It is a great opportunity for the Club. The capacity of Telstra Stadium is four times that of Parramatta Stadium and gives us a great chance to play in front of big crowds," Mr Fitzgerald said

"All of those people who have purchased Season Tickets for the 2008 season will have their seats transferred to Telstra Stadium for those two matches and the corporate facilities enable the Club to entertain our growing number of corporate partners in great style," Mr Fitzgerald added.

"We saw a number of marquee matches in 2007 that attracted very large crowds and we believe that will only become stronger in coming years. This deal enables us to maximize exposure of the Club and provide the opportunity for anyone wishing to purchase a ticket to these matches to be able to do so," Mr Fitzgerald said.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1663.asp

that's not how i read it B-Tron, there's nothing there that suggests that we've made the move specifically for the fans however he does indicate that it's a great opportunity for fans to take advantage of the facillities they have on offer. he also indicates that it gives the club great exposure, so i will ask you again is he bullsh*tting or telling the truth??

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
He's trying to give the impression that it will be good because we can fit more people in.

As I said, he'd make a good politician.

And the way they went about it still sucks.

Nikki

Coach
Its for the fans huh... So, how many of you here were asked by our beloved club if we actually wanted to pick up sticks and head down the road?

Parramatta Stadium is OUR HOME GROUND!! Now, unless it gets burnt down again there are no excuses to play out of another Sydney ground. As i mentioned, I have no problems taking games to NZ, even interstate if its for the good of the game. This move is not!

And boys, dont bother startin with the after match function arguement. You will only go around, and around, and around, and around in circles *Is dizzy now*

Stagger eel

Staff member
B-Tron 3000 said:
He's trying to give the impression that it will be good because we can fit more people in.

well then he's effectively telling the truth isn't he??? I just don't see the big deal in it, but I can understand why people who have renewed season tickets would be upset over the decision, but atleast you won't need to take a 3 hour plane trip to watch them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
B-Tron 3000 said:

well then he's effectively telling the truth isn't he??? I just don't see the big deal in it, but I can understand why people who have renewed season tickets would be upset over the decision, but atleast you won't need to take a 3 hour plane trip to watch them.

Latest posts