What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels move two games to Telstra Stadium

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
27, 243 was for the Nissan Sevens wasn't it were people could circulate. Either way, the Hills were larger than the current Terraces by about 6 meters each side and was normally standing room only.

No, it was for a match against the Rabbitohs. Sterlo got sent to the bin for punching!! :lol:

Suity

Hellsy

Immortal
The Colonel said:
Have you requested a refund?

Has the club offered it?
They are the ones who decided to annouce this moving of games, they should make the fans aware of all that is on offer for them in conjunction with it.
It is THEIR responsibility

strider

Post Whore
Yeah i reckon those who would not want to go to telstra should appraoch the club about a refund for the 2 games ..... i reckon they might consider it - i imagine most ppl would still want to go to the game and they wouldn't lose much out of refunding those that don't ..... i think that'd be the fair thing for the club to do given this was not advertised prior to renewals being submitted

which reminds me - i better make sure i do mine :eek:

Nikki

Coach
So will the money the club make from this go towards the redevelopment of Parra Stadium? Coz if the end justifies the means then I guess we just have to put up with it. Otherwise, I am still totally against it!

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
The Colonel said:
I think you are taking it a little too personally but that is your perogative.
Exactly. It is my bloody prerogative. It's my bloody team! The problem here is that not enough people take it personally. " Oh well, that's that then, I guess"

Do you think the club cares if I don't go? Or if Hellsy doesn't go? Or the 20 other people who post here? Course not, if they get 50 Dogs fans to replace us Dennis is happy! The game is not personal anymore, and we're adding to that problem!

Yes, Denis has looked at other options to make the Leagues Club, Parramatta Stadium and the Eels more viable. Some have definitely been a case of what the, but he is at least exploring options.
Well he's not doing a good enough job.

At some point however the club needs to explore these options to make money, outside of the poker machine money and gate takings we currently rely on, otherwise the club may not be the Eels anymore anyway. Given the impact of the pokie tax altready this could hit the team even harder in the future.
So get some business sense. PHaC and good old Rusty are doing away with Pokies completely!!

Sure playing at our home ground is a big deal but consider this - some of the games that have been played at Parramatta in recent years have actually cost the club rather than making them money once catering, security and event staff arte taken into consideration.
HAHA this laughable.

If this is the case why don't we move those sh*t games to Telstra?

Hey, let's move two of the better games! Great idea.

Two games at Telstra, given they cover the costs of all of the above, could very well keep the other ten at Parramatta on a long term basis.
Well why don't they tell us what it is for? Why all the hoo-ha about fitting in more fans?

Fitzgerald has been quoted saying "The capacity of Telstra Stadium is four times that of Parramatta Stadium and gives us a great chance to play in front of big crowds."

Let me fix that:

"The capacity of Telstra Stadium is four times that of Parramatta Stadium and gives us a great chance to play in front of empty seats in a terrible atmosphere"

Let's take a look at our home games that are still at Parra:

Knights
Titans
Sea Eagles
Roosters
Raiders
Storm
Panthers
Cowboys
Wests Tigers
Warriors

6 out of town teams, one that may as well be (Roosters), two western derbies that will draw decent crowds (Wests and Penrith), and one blockbuster (Manly).

Unfortunately, I have this misguided notion that sport is about getting people into the ground to see your team. YOUR team in YOUR ground. But it's not, it's about this:

As MITS has mentioned elsewhere the two games we do move are quite possibly the equivalent of a sleeve sponsorship or possibly even more. The upside of this could mean even wider spread publicity for the sponsors we already have they have more options for advertising at a bigger field. This could also entice more potential sponsors long term as well.

I'd be pissed if we were moved altogether to Homebush and away from Parramatta
Well I'm pissed now.

Clarkieel

Juniors
as long as I get the same seat ai have at parra stadium I guess I can deal with it (not happy though) so I better be 50m line front row!! and better have all my bay 66 buddies right there with me!!!

sportive cupid

Referee
I really can't see the problem here.
Homebush stadium ISNT the real homeground of thebulldogs.It's the one they use because they don't have one of their own anymore(BElmore is their real home ground)

Homebush is just a hop/skip/jump away from Parramatta-it's closer to it than parts of Bulldogs territory

The food is better and you dont get wet.
That's my opinion

Stagger eel

Staff member
over the years, we've taken games to New Zealand, Brisbane, Parkes and Western Australia..

I'm just wondering where the hysteria was then??

strider

Post Whore
i never liked NZ games ..... and this forum never existed for the rest of them - how can we whinge without a forum? :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
i never liked NZ games ..... and this forum never existed for the rest of them - how can we whinge without a forum? :lol: :lol:

plenty have found other ways..;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
We were not CHARGED for those games.

yes, I realised that that's why you should personally approach the club about your grievence my line ia about B-Trons arguement that we pratically sacrifised our identity to move 2 games there.

Stagger eel

Staff member
B-Tron 3000 said:
So get some business sense. PHaC and good old Rusty are doing away with Pokies completely!!

HAHA this laughable.

If this is the case why don't we move those sh*t games to Telstra?

Hey, let's move two of the better games! Great idea.

first of all, I'm sure the club would love to have the backing of a couple of billionares to run the show as well as take the dependency of pokie machines away from the leagues club and secondly I thought this arguement is about moving 2 games to Telstra not the shifting of 2 quality games to Telstra???. :?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sacrificing your identity? FFS the Dogs play one home game a year at Suncorp, Souths at Bluetongue and so on. Telstra is around the corner FFS.

I agree they should be flexible with STH and refunds given the info about Telstra became available after renewals were sent out, but at the same time the ground is the next closest NRL venue to Parramatta Stadium.

I think the December Newsletter will be quite interesting. If they offer a refund then I can't see why everyone wont be happy.

I also just don't think saying in a press release, something like. Current Season ticket holders unhappy with this change can have a partial refund. Would be a good showing from the club.

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
over the years, we've taken games to New Zealand, Brisbane, Parkes and Western Australia..

I'm just wondering where the hysteria was then??

I think you're really comparing apples with oranges my learned friend. ;-)

Those games were moved to take the game to regions where Parramatta aren't seen very often. Also, wasnt the parkes game part of an nrl push to take games to the regions, and we were one of few clubs to do it?

The STH fiasco aside, I think the most concerning thing about this is for some people, that Telstra is just down the road, and this may well be the beginning of a slow relocation to Telstra, or at least more games being played there should it prove to be successful from a financial perspective.

Out of curiosity, how many games did we sell out last year? Honestly, I think considering how many people roll up each week on average, Parra stadium is almost the perfect size for us. There is nothing wrong with having a ground that gets full 2 or 3 times a year for a 'marquee' game. It creates a buzz, it makes tickets to see Parramatta worth something and sought after, and if a family misses out on a 'marquee' match because it's sold out, they may well choose to make their one game a year another one.

Suitman

Post Whore
MarkInTheStands said:
Arhh so the Sevens was when we got 29,000 or so to the ground?

Yeh something like that.
I also remember that there was a crowd of over 30 000 there once. I think that was also for a sevens match - where supporters were leaving after their teams had been knocked out and others were still arriving.
We also had over 29 000 there for a test against France.

Suity

Latest posts