What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Ryles

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 22.4%

• Total voters

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So Barrett has the support of the senior players…

that will do me…

if they hire Baz we are stupid and just taking the easy, cheaper option
He’s just as easy on them as BA, after the shit dished up by the playing group the last people who should be listened to are the playing group. If they don’t like it they can all f**k off, we’ve won SFA with any of them.

King-Gutho94

Coach
No one had heard of this bloke until Matty Johns mentioned his name last week. So no surprise he isn't interested.

We don't need a Pom especially one who has never been involved in the NRL as an assistant let alone played.

King-Gutho94

Coach
No doubt Barrett's management have started the PR Blitz to get the job its no coincidence both the Fairfax and News Corp outlets on the same day have pushed the Barrett is ready for a 3rd chance and then on 360 claiming he is the joint favourite for the gig.

Clearly its a push from his management and i dont like the smell of it whatsoever.

With quotes from the horses mouth to prove Johns just makes things up for the heck of it.

chiefy1

Bench
Let's just get Holbrook. He took the basket case Titans to 9th then 8th Then was sacked in 23 with a 6 and 7 record.
Hasler didn't improve them and are currently 3 and 9.
Holbrook is the man. I'm tipping now lol. 🤣🤣

Those others I previously tipped was just to throw off the pigeons
It will be Holbrook
1000001617.jpg

Last edited:
No doubt Barrett's management have started the PR Blitz to get the job its no coincidence both the Fairfax and News Corp outlets on the same day have pushed the Barrett is ready for a 3rd chance and then on 360 claiming he is the joint favourite for the gig.

Clearly its a push from his management and i dont like the smell of it whatsoever.
Could also be a push with the blessing of our club, as part of their PR plan for soon announcing his appointment?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they need to make a decision and soon, the longer this drags on the bigger the hole we are digging for ourselves

if it is Hannay or Ryles, they are assistants and they should be available to leeve their clubs now, f**k waiting till next season or the end of this season

we also need to sort out some signings and retention NOW

Avenger

Immortal
If we give the job to Barrett we are seriously kidding ourselves. NRL360 were being nice but he seriously shit the bed at his last 2 clubs which Anasta in a nice way suggested. Barrett was way too matey with them and our softcocks seem to like that approach. If any of the players wants the coach to be their best mate they should just buy a dog or f**k off to another club.

They need discipline and fear of being dropped something that only happened under BA after the season was gone or if you bagged out his eldest son. (Allegedly).