What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Cheika

Votes: 23 24.0%

• Total voters

King-Gutho94

Coach
When's poor old Long Service Murph going to get an interview.

It's not like the poor bastard hasn't been loyal for a decade he has even been relegated to water boy status and stayed on ffs.

Seems like the jobseeker application to coach Parramatta has landed us so many great candidates to interview.

Barrett, Demetriou, Ryles

They need discipline and fear of being dropped something that only happened under BA after the season was gone
trouble is the hard-arse approach doesn't work on the new players

in the old days a coach would drop someone and they'd run through brick walls to get back into first grade
now they either laugh about it and happily spend weeks in reserve grade on top coin or they start whinging to their manager that they want out of the contract

Noise

Coach

in the old days a coach would drop someone and they'd run through brick walls to get back into first grade
now they either laugh about it and happily spend weeks in reserve grade on top coin or they start whinging to their manager that they want out of the contract
Works with Bellamy, Flanagan, Bennett, and Robinson.

emjaycee

Coach
Wouldn't that depend on who on the Board is actually involved in the process and for that matter, who else in the club comprises the selection team?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Just ran into the great Billy Moore at the shops. Great fella who I have a beer with occasionally and genuinely loves to chat footy. He’s up and about over the Bears news. Said the Bears should be everyone’s second team, how can anyone hate us, we don’t win anything. I countered saying we should be the same then :D

Anyway, says Cheika will be seen as too risky by the Eels board because it places their heads firmly on the chopping block if it fails. Said much the same as we’ve heard, that he’s meant to be an excellent man manager and if he’s chosen he’d get Luke Burt in as an assistant along with others.

He did say that Hannay is really well thought of and it’s only a matter of time before he’s a full time head coach somewhere. Said we could do far worse than Hannay if that’s how it goes.

Anyway, nothing earth shattering but just thought I’d share. He also said he knew we’d fall apart against the Dogs when we were up by 8. You me and everyone else Bill.
I’ve met him a few times. He pretends he’s a Queenslander but he was born in Tenterfield which is where I spent my High School years and my mum still lives.

When I first met him I couldn’t get over how short he is. Then I was stunned at how shit he is at golf.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors

This is true