What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

King-Gutho94

Coach
He also took the Kiwis further than Cheika took the Wallabies. Maybe coaching rep footy doesn’t have much to do with coaching a club side.
Cheika won a domestic comp.

I think that counts more then a 4-5 week mickey mouse comp bashing up on minnows where you only have to get your arse to the final and nail the prep for 80 mins in a 1 off game.

What's Kearney's club record week to week compared to Cheika's.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Cheika won a domestic comp.

I think that counts more then a 4-5 week mickey mouse comp bashing up on minnows where you only have to get your arse to the final and nail the prep for 80 mins in a 1 off game.

What's Kearney's club record week to week compared to Cheika's.
You miss the point. Nobody’s saying Kearney is a better coach than Cheika, just that results in rep footy mean f**k all. Might as well get Meninga because of his Origin record.

King-Gutho94

Coach
That win in Nth Qld to make the GF, almost gave me a panic attack.

Great f**king game.
You will be hard pressed to find a parra fan that wasn't having a panic attack that night.

I was at a mates house and I could barely breathe in that 5 mins.

One of pricks should have secretly recorded me during that last 5 mins I was a nervous wreck. Thinking we were going to be heartbroken yet again.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Cowboys and Broncos finals, some of the wins over big clubs like Melbourne and Penrith. It all really blurs into one long montage of adequacy.
So Round 19, 2018 missed the cut.

I thought that was a special to make the list.

A cold Thursday Night at homebush in mid-July between two sides battling for the spoon in front of 7k fans in a 83k stadium and winning.

What more can you want as a fan.

jason taylor

Bench
Twelve games is a small sample. It’s half a season ffs
Yet those are the games you’re remembered for. Those are the only games that matter And that history will remember.

If a business has three solid quarters of growth, and then a horror fourth quarter that wipes out all their gains, that business will be at panic stations. They won’t be talking about those first three quarters and claiming “adequate performance”.

DaveMc

Juniors
Yet those are the games you’re remembered for. Those are the only games that matter And that history will remember.

If a business has three solid quarters of growth, and then a horror fourth quarter that wipes out all their gains, that business will be at panic stations. They won’t be talking about those first three quarters and claiming “adequate performance”.
It’s a bit like a criminal charge. “But your Honour, what about all those days I *didn’t* drink drive? That one night is much too small a sample size.”

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
You will be hard pressed to find a parra fan that wasn't having a panic attack that night.

I was at a mates house and I could barely breathe in that 5 mins.

One of pricks should have secretly recorded me during that last 5 mins I was a nervous wreck. Thinking we were going to be heartbroken yet again.
I was thanking God for creating alcohol that night.....

Stevie

Bench
Or hear me out....

The Cowboys gig is not even there he has as much chance as coaching the riff ..
Mate he is not claiming that, I’m just sharing some information I’ve been told. A lot of QRL people are speaking about it f**k knows if it’s true.

The two remaining candidates have barely coached NRL and where they have, they have failed miserably. Benji territory.

It’s all looking pretty glib and miserable if this is the best you can come up with.

You need signings I think. Lomax will be terrific except he will not get closer than 3 feet to the touch line as he says he’s not a winger.

But whoever sacked BA….hasn’t got a clue, NFI.

DaveMc

Juniors
The two remaining candidates have barely coached NRL and where they have, they have failed miserably. Benji territory.

It’s all looking pretty glib and miserable if this is the best you can come up with.

You need signings I think. Lomax will be terrific except he will not get closer than 3 feet to the touch line as he says he’s not a winger.

But whoever sacked BA….hasn’t got a clue, NFI.
lol Benji territory involves the club persisting with him as a head coach for a number of years, then Benji deciding to go and coach the Auckland Blues, then coming back to coach in the NRL via St George and a season at the Broncos.

He then has weird emotional homecoming at the Tigers where they forget he was a pretty consistent failure, so give him the reigns again with Robbie Farah as an assistant (who returns after an unsuccessful stint as a coach at Souths where everybody hates him), but they fairly quickly realise that it doesn’t make sense and Benji ends up at Souths as an assistant coach after getting the arse. He’s involved with an unsuccessful grand final campaign, which is the equal the best result he’d had since 2005.

The Tigers then decide that Benji’s the man for the job, but not just yet. They exhume Tim Sheens from his eternal resting place after he conducts a coaching and development review from his crypt around 2040, to take over with a view to mentoring Benji as a coach. Timmy is pretty frozen, so they give the reigns to Benji early to let Timmy take the heat when the Tigers win the spoon again. Nobody buys that Benji isn’t in charge.

Formally, Benji starts his second stint as Tigers head coach in 2042. Nevertheless, the fans are excited.