What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Cheika

Votes: 23 23.7%

• Total voters

Gazzamatta

Coach
If Bennett has signed with Souths, I do not understand the short term advantage of getting rid of BA before the end of 2024.

Moses is almost back and Gutho will be back in the coming weeks - the season is far from over. A couple wins and we are back in top 8 contention.

Makes me think there is more going on behind the scenes - especially if removing BA yesterday was the best move for the club.

Interesting times.
Intriguing Nanna. MON is invisible. Something going on there I reckon.

You can see why Bennett chose Souths over Parra though - Much bigger job in assembling a squad at Parra to be a premiership contender - could take years.

I know people say Bennett's the master coach but when you look at the squads he had at Bronco's for instance a lot of other coaches would have had the same success - Squads stacked with SOO and International players.

Bennett is no Big Jack Gibson who took on a number of difficult coaching roles during his 16 years as coach - firstly 1967 coaching Easts who were wooden spooners in 1965/66 and didn't win a game in 1966. Took the same squad to the finals in 1967 and again in 1968.

Eastern Suburbs - 1967-68
St George Dragons - 1970-71
Newtown - 1973
Eastern Suburbs - 1974-76
South Sydney - 1978-79
Parramatta - 1981-83
Cronulla - 1985-87

16 years as a coach - 6 Grand Finals and 5 Premierships

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't understand TCTs position. We shouldn't have sacked BA if we couldn't upgrade to Bennett? There is no one else better than BA out there?

I know they are rusted on fans but come on!
I’d say there’s nobody else available who is better than Arthur, but coaching isn’t just about who’s technically best. It’s about relationships, and there’s likely problems with Arthur’s relationships within the club. Including being too close to certain players. The fact is we just don’t know.

Apparently there is a press conference starting soon as streamed by the SMH.

It was supposed to start at 10:30 so maybe I have missed it.

Latest posts