What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

Tmars

Juniors
I’m actually at a point where I’m genuinely happy with whoever gets selected from here on in. It seems like the board are doing their due diligence in terms of finding who exactly is the right man for the job.
I sort of agree.
For me though I would be happy with,
Cheika
Ryles
McDermott
Hanay
Probably in that order.
No Barrett or Madge for me.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
TBF I don't think that Barrett or Morris will be considered and they carry some "he's been in FG position before and just had OK results" baggage.

He was hooked Rnd 5 in 2021 as they did not see him as an elite coach.

In general, unemployment is a red flag for this sort of job.

Avenger

Immortal
I’m actually at a point where I’m genuinely happy with whoever gets selected from here on in. It seems like the board are doing their due diligence in terms of finding who exactly is the right man for the job.
Best post of the day. I couldn’t agree more. They had the balls to sack our entitled coach (Don’t believe all the he’s a classy gentleman bullshit) and now whoever they pick I have confidence that he is the best for the job.

It’s all very exciting.

PS I still don’t rate how Madge and Ryles speak publicly.

Incorrect

Coach
I always thought Morris was a victim of basically not being Craig Fitzgibbon... As soon as it was clear that Fitzgibbon was looking to leave the Roosters for a first grade gig it felt like the Sharks had a bit of FOMO and were going to do whatever it took to get him regardless of Morris's results, which weren't too shabby by any stretch....

King-Gutho94

Coach
Best post of the day. I couldn’t agree more. They had the balls to sack our entitled coach (Don’t believe all the he’s a classy gentleman bullshit) and now whoever they pick I have confidence that he is the best for the job.

It’s all very exciting.

BA couldn't complain like seriously the board gave him enough time to get us to the promised land.

You could argue the board stuffed up by not going after Bennett in October last year they gave BA the benefit of the doubt and this season they probably left it too late once this season was cooked.

BA knew it he took it with dignity as he should have.

Plus he basically put himself in the frame for the next job that comes up next.

We are seeing now the shit quality of coaches actually there.

Whoever sacks there coach next BA would be a $1.40 early favourite to replace them.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors

It’s all very exciting.

I don’t either but to be honest, they both top Bennett in that department :D I’m looking forward to whoever it is coming in and actually having a pretty bloody decent side to work with and then putting their touch on it over a year or two.