What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 29.4%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 33 32.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 21.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
of course the best staff are in demand, that would drive up their value. we dont need to argue simple stuff like market forces, supply demand etc

the difference between you and me is you think we are poorly resourced and cant afford to pay the best human assets, i think resources aren't a problem, i think we have a poor organisational culture that doesn't breed success.
I don’t think we’re poorly resourced at all. I’ve said this plenty of times. I think we’re better resourced than about half the clubs in the comp, maybe more. So I’d say we’re an above average resourced club with above average staff. This lines up with our results, which have been above average since the new board took over.

But above average doesn’t mean above average every single year. It means making the grand final sometimes and missing the finals X times in Y years. The question is what are the right numbers for X and Y? In a 17 team comp an average team should miss the finals 9 times in 17 years. We’re doing much better than that.

Pazza

First Grade
I don’t think we’re poorly resourced at all. I’ve said this plenty of times. I think we’re better resourced than about half the clubs in the comp, maybe more. So I’d say we’re an above average resourced club with above average staff. This lines up with our results, which have been above average since the new board took over.

But above average doesn’t mean above average every single year. It means making the grand final sometimes and missing the finals X times in Y years. The question is what are the right numbers for X and Y? In a 17 team comp an average team should miss the finals 9 times in 17 years. We’re doing much better than that.

i think we can be a hell of a lot better than average tbh

a hell of a lot better

I don’t think we’re poorly resourced at all.
FFS. Round and round in circles...

michael zegen joel GIF by The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Pazza

First Grade
Cheika is filthy rich from his fashion business so will probably sign a deal for not a lot of money and put it all into a great team of assistants.
He will present the best all round package of a team of coaches and get the gig.

dont expect charity from any professional

the Tahs job is available. id imagine theyd go pretty hard for him

whos better resourced, the Tahs or the Eels???? anyone.... please????

King-Gutho94

Coach
He wants to coach in the nrl, simple.
watch him on the bye round podcast.
He would have coached Lebanon for next to nothing im sure.
Yep an NRL gig for cheika is as much for the challenge and conquering both codes.

Can you imagine if he was a success in the NRL. He would be talked about in a way similar to Ange Postegolclou as one of the great Australian sporting coaches of this generation.

You look at his record he is a winner he has won comps at Randwick, Leinster in the UK, Waratahs

Has taken a basketcase team we call the wallabies to a WC final just 5 years ago. Amazing considering the basketcase Australian Rugby has been for 2+ decades now.

He got Argentina to a semi final last year.

He would back himself and he hasn't failed at anything yet.

Incorrect

Coach
dont expect charity from any professional

the Tahs job is available. id imagine theyd go pretty hard for him

whos better resourced, the Tahs or the Eels???? anyone.... please????
I've heard that NSW rugby are trying to change their name to the "Tahs" from Waratahs permanently to help save on signage costs. Half the number of letters saves shitloads in ink and others costs.... They're also lobbying for the Super Rugby competition to become a 7's competition so they can make even more savings by reducing their squad number to 10 or 11.... I think we might be a tad better resourced than the Tahs at the moment.....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
thrives in ambiguity
Not really. I've made it clear I believe there are superclubs and we are not one of them. That doesn't mean we are minnows, like there has to be this dumb all-or-nothing binary. The only thing keeping some clubs even remotely competitive is the salary cap. But there are clearly some clubs able to consistently outperform the salary cap. We are clearly not one of them, and the only reason merkins give that we should be is that a handful of other clubs have managed it.

But those clubs are like that for a reason. Just saying they know how to blah blah blah doesn't take the thread far enough. Why do they have people who have this magic knowledge while other clubs don't? Which decision makers are missing from the majority of clubs that rarely make grand finals, and where do they get them from? Do you think there's this huge pool of geniuses in rugby league, just looking for a job opportunity?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
f**king lol.

You really should take a break from this place.
Come back next season.
If you're going to listen to merkins who misrepresent me then you're going to remain confused. I have never said we're a small club. That's the strawman from whingers who can't handle the idea that we are not the Storm or Panthers. We are somewhere in between those giants and the likes of the Tigers and Titans. That's where all the evidence puts us. Even Wayne Bennett made it clear where we sit in the pecking order.

hindy111

Post Whore
I've heard that NSW rugby are trying to change their name to the "Tahs" from Waratahs permanently to help save on signage costs. Half the number of letters saves shitloads in ink and others costs.... They're also lobbying for the Super Rugby competition to become a 7's competition so they can make even more savings by reducing their squad number to 10 or 11.... I think we might be a tad better resourced than the Tahs at the moment.....

Heard from who? You have some little birds I don't know about?

eels_fan

First Grade
360 mentioned Brian McDermott is also on the shortlist, and that he used to coach Mark O’Neill which is where the connection is.

If he gets the job - I’m out.

Latest posts