What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Ryles

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Morris

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Cheika

Votes: 33 39.8%

• Total voters

emjaycee

Coach
Well thanks to our quick thinking R&R committee MA is already locked away until 2026 and Sarantinos said no one has a coach clause in there contract.

So Boods is going nowhere until 2027 at the earliest and by then we would have a better idea on how good he may or may not be to judge his ability and weather he is worth persisting with.

The new coach will get 12 months as well to see what he has to offer and build a relationship with.
He might have a Dad clause though!

Pazza

First Grade
Theres no guarantee BAs gonna get another head coaching gig, maybe the tigers if Marshall fall completely flat. The game has gone past him and his complete lack of willingness to innovate and self scout isnt going to be appealing to other clubs.

He'll land an assistant role with no trouble.

Pazza

First Grade
Well thanks to our quick thinking R&R committee MA is already locked away until 2026 and Sarantinos said no one has a coach clause in there contract.

So Boods is going nowhere until 2027 at the earliest and by then we would have a better idea on how good he may or may not be to judge his ability and weather he is worth persisting with.

The new coach will get 12 months as well to see what he has to offer and build a relationship with.

given how BA treats the hooking position would MA really wanna play under him?

hindy111

Post Whore
2022 was a lot more recent than 2018. Why would they think they needed a new coach after one bad season? Bennett's team went worse than Arthur's last year. His last premiership was before Arthur started coaching.

So why did they think we needed a new one after 10 games without our halfback?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Theres no guarantee BAs gonna get another head coaching gig, maybe the tigers if Marshall fall completely flat. The game has gone past him and his complete lack of willingness to innovate and self scout isnt going to be appealing to other clubs.

He'll land an assistant role with no trouble.
BA will be the favourite to get a gig with whatever HC coaching gig comes up in the next 12-18 months.

He has better credentials then any untried rookie and any other coach looking for a 2nd chance.

I suspect he won't be out for too long.

BA's greatest crime as a coach he was here too long.

I reckon he will have a HC role by 2026 at the latest.

Noise

Coach
BA will be the favourite to get a gig with whatever HC coaching gig comes up in the next 12-18 months.

He has better credentials then any untried rookie and any other coach looking for a 2nd chance.

I suspect he won't be out for too long.

BA's greatest crime as a coach he was here too long.

I reckon he will have a HC role by 2026 at the latest.
Yep Manly or Cowboys, whoever fires their coach first.

hindy111

Post Whore
Because a powerful player agent wanted him gone. Ultimately, rugby league success is about players not coaches. Some very ordinary coaches have won premierships since Bennett’s most recent grand final win. It’s because they had quality teams.

I tell you something. A coach will have a big say on a players position. I had a good chat to a mate of mine. Eels fan. Very smart guy.
He said to me BA done a good job. We had a nice stable period and if it wasn't for Hayne in 2015 leaving and the salary cap dramas in 2016 we probably make the 8 and that's finals 7/10 yrs. I'd say out of 11yrs as he screwed this season up.
He was a goood coach and players liked him. But never where we ever consistent or did I feel we could win a comp while he was coach. Nobody did. But he still did a good job for the club. It's been a very nice period for the fans considering we where basically like the Tigers.
But his time was up. We are now a stronger club and Parra is a huge city. We need someone who is well spoken and more marketable for sponsorships etc.

Pazza

First Grade
Brad should have been given a life time contract given the lack of resources he had to deal with. No one could do better.

it was tough watching brad and his kids panhandling on church st just so gutho could continue to live on the northern beaches...

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Here’s the interview merkins ( also posted it in the rumours thread. You can make up your own minds about his comment on Booods.

chiefy1

Bench
If we hire Cheika get ready to have Adam doozie somewhere in the te
I don't know why you guys are so excited about cheika,
His win rate is good, especially since 2019.
Not in the finals mr 30% failure when it matters most. He gets found out in the finals. One of the worst statistical finals win percentages of all time.
His regular season % rate was a con job.

Last edited:

Latest posts