What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Ryles

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Morris

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Cheika

Votes: 33 39.8%

• Total voters

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Now Billy has officially ruled himself out I’d probably take Ryles or Hannay as the next best options. They seem to be the best two young candidates, my opinion is we need a completely fresh approach and give us the fans some fresh hope.

Cheika for me I just can’t see it happening nor if he did come working. Possibly it could work for a short term placebo effect but I just see more negatives than positives with him. For starters how much NRL does he even watch these days? He is living and coaching union in France.

None of the experienced options Madge, Holbrook or Mary excite me at all.

Hard pass on the poms, it’s not the 70s anymore.

Gronk

Staff member
Yes. JA was rushed into NRL before he was even close to ready. He copped it cause of it. He isn't an NRL player 4yrs later
There no point doing this mate. He is employed at another club after us, doing the same role and his contract was recently extended.

The only people who deny what happened to Jake are the parra fans that gave it to him, to the extent that he had to leave.

hindy111

Post Whore
There no point doing this mate. He is employed at another club after us, doing the same role and his contract was recently extended.

The only people who deny what happened to Jake are the parra fans that gave it to him, to the extent that he had to leave.

You think that's why he left? Manly hadn't signed Brooks and DCE is 35.
He left for an opportunity.
The only 18lyds who should ever be considered playing NRL are very special talents. D.Brown, N.Cleary etc.

Gronk

Staff member
The only 18lyds who should ever be considered playing NRL are very special talents. D.Brown, N.Cleary etc.
You’re doing it again. Everyone in the media and other fans could see what was going on. It’s fine that you can’t or won’t.

My point is about what the family thinks and I am doubting that the Arthur family thinks that Matt should stay, if the grass is greener or even similar. His scepticism would be absolutely warranted.

hindy111

Post Whore
You’re doing it again. Everyone in the media and other fans could see what was going on. It’s fine that you can’t or won’t.

My point is about what the family thinks and I am doubting that the Arthur family thinks that Matt should stay, if the grass is greener or even similar. His scepticism would be absolutely warranted.

No. You're doing it. He was rubbish and shouldn't of been picked. You know who's fault that is ? His dads.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I’ve heard in the last 24 hours that Cheika expects to be offered the job. Source is a close friend of his.
Massive if true.

If they think Cheika is the man just get it done so we can move forward.

Its a gamble but what have we got to lose. We have tried everything else for 38 years.

The interest not only in Australia but world-wide in rugby circles would be massive if Cheika comes here.

As i have said numerous times believe we need a big name with a presence and Cheika is the man.

It would also be another kick in the guts to Rugby Australia we poached one of there own.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Massive if true.

Its a gamble but what have we got to lose. We have tried everything else for 38 years.

The interest not only in Australia but world-wide in rugby circles would be massive if Cheika comes here.

As i have said numerous times believe we need a big name with a presence and Cheika is the man.

It would also be another kick in the guts to Rugby Australia we poached one of there own.
Yep. We have to think outside the box....

Plus, it's very exciting

Avenger

Immortal
Massive if true.

At least our best player will not think about leaving.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Not in the finals mr 30% failure when it matters most. He gets found out in the finals. One of the worst statistical finals win percentages of all time.
His regular season % rate was a con job.
His regular season win rate was over a much larger sample of data. Half of his 12 finals matches were against the Storm or Panthers; two clubs who have made 40% of the last decade's grand final appearances between them.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No it's about maturity, whether they are ready to be NRL backups or not. That's why Jake Arthur has been a top 30 player since before he turned 19. Luke Kelly was the same. Debuted at Melbourne at 18, as a backup, because he had good maturity. He was never going to be star, and probably wouldn't ever be a first grader, but every team needs backups, and if they're ready at 18 then they're ready.

Latest posts