What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • Ryles

Votes: 21 25.0%
  • Morris

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Cheika

Votes: 33 39.3%

• Total voters

Tmars

Juniors
Madge almost done Boyz, after origin 1 it'll be done and dusted. Well done Parramatta 👏 ✔️ 👍
We don't need any L plater coaches at Parramatta.
Yeah who needs an L plate coach when you can get a guy sacked by two clubs and one country?
Also remember who is having a big say, buckets O'Neil, who with his Tigers connections is not a fan.
Guarantee it's a no to Madge to the eels.
Who will sell the most papers and stories for the nrl, Cheika all day so watch for V'landys to encourage a rugby man to come across.

chiefy1

Bench
Yeah who needs an L plate coach when you can get a guy sacked by two clubs and one country?
Also remember who is having a big say, buckets O'Neil, who with his Tigers connections is not a fan.
Guarantee it's a no to Madge to the eels.
Who will sell the most papers and stories for the nrl, Cheika all day so watch for V'landys to encourage a rugby man to come across.

Do you really think buckets O'neill will be around the club much longer? Where was he regarding the ba sacking presser?

Last edited:

Tmars

Juniors
Do you really think buckets O'neill will be around the club much longer? Where was he regarding the ba sacking presser. No fcking where.
Parramatta have put together a subcommittee headed by chief executive Jim Sarantinos and head of football Mark O’Neill as they prepare to step up their search for a new coach by conducting interviews with a shortlist of candidates to replace Brad Arthur.

emjaycee

Coach
Despite what long bows Chiefy1 wants to draw, O'Neill was not part of the announcement re BA being sacked simply because it had nothing to do with him.
Unless they change the organisation structure, the Head Coach is not subordinate to the Head of Football at Parramatta.
Our HoF role isn't a GM of Football role like Gus has, with total responsibility for all aspects of the football operations. The Head Coach will continue to report to the CEO as will the Head of Football.

I see it as a little bit like how the Head of Marketing and Head of Sales work together in a more traditional corporate environment.

chiefy1

Bench
Despite what long bows Chiefy1 wants to draw, O'Neill was not part of the announcement re BA being sacked simply because it had nothing to do with him.
Unless they change the organisation structure, the Head Coach is not subordinate to the Head of Football at Parramatta.
Our HoF role isn't a GM of Football role like Gus has, with total responsibility for all aspects of the football operations. The Head Coach will continue to report to the CEO as will the Head of Football.

I see it as a little bit like how the Head of Marketing and Head of Sales work together in a more traditional corporate environment.

Development structures have been sub par under O'neill for a start.
The structure of the current team with an aging pack and sub par outside backs, along with not having a back up 7, again O'neill has failed.
Our coaching structures around defence and the continual wide defensive issues, another failed process.
All three grades outside of the 8 won't help.
O'neill most likely won't survive period. He won't have the casting vote on the upcoming Coach thats for certain. Stop kidding yourself.

Last edited:

TheCrowe

Juniors
The structure of the current team with an aging pack and sub par outside backs, along with not having a back up 7, again O'neill has failed.
Our coaching structures around defence and the continual wide defensive issues, another failed process.
O'neill most likely won't survive period. He won't have the casting vote on the upcoming Coach thats for certain. Stop kidding yourself.
There are less MON fans here then Arthur fans. You are singing to the choir.

emjaycee

Coach
What am I kidding myself about?
All I did was explain why HoF wasnt involved in BA's sacking which you seemed to think was unusual.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No one is asking you what the right call is, we are merely stating opinions. What’s your opinion on next coach??
You just quoted my opinion. That's it. I'm excited to see who they pick. Assistants too. I suspect Barrett is one of the better assistants in the game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He is a decent coach but I just don't feel what we need right now is someone like him.

He is too similar to BA.

I think rep coaching are more his style anyway which he is doing now.

His intensity for a short period of time to get the best out of a talented squad in a short span is ideal.

His last 2 club stints have worn the players out pretty quickly.

At rep level 10 day camps for 3 weeks is ideal for a Madge type coach.
This is all reasonable.
Plus what happens if NSW win origin the NSWRL would want madge locked in long term anyway.

If NSW lose his credibility and credentials take another hit especially if it was known he was talking to us throughout the series.
Both of these points are fantasyland. NSWRL might want to lock him in long term, but very few professional coaches want to coach part time (i.e. rep footy). Slater is probably the only one, because he has a bunch of other stuff going on. Plus, having been one of the game's top players for over a decade, he would be absolutely minted.

And there will be no hit to Maguire's credibility, because pursuing better jobs (i.e. NRL positions) is an acceptable use of a rep coach's free time.
We can't be waiting to end of July and still yet to name a coach.

That's just madness.
I am genuinely interested to see how quickly they make this decision. I'd expect something by the end of July. It's very exciting.

Gronk

Staff member
These people are on crack.

Left field’ challenger emerges in Parra coaching race​

9News and Sydney Morning Herald reporter Michael Chammas believes Michael Ennis’ name has emerged as a potential ‘left field’ candidate to take over as Parramatta coach.

Latest posts