What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Ryles

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters

yy_cheng

Coach
You could be right because someone with a 50% win/loss record that was able to take the Titans to the finals and won premierships in the UK should be at least interviewed.

It’s almost negligent not to. Why is Demetriou getting one FFS?
Right player manager

JokerEel

Coach
Some updates:

Trent Barrett is being interviewed on Wednesday. Cheika later in the week. Holbrook wants the job but HAS NOT been approached. Demetriou however has been interviewed. Mark O'Neill is part of the process and still yields plenty of power (This made me angry). The Payten rumour has legs and there is genuine interest. It's still however between Ryles and Hannay. Ryles will bring his own staff whilst Hannay may keep some existing staff. Barrett will not work under Ryles but will under Hannay.

My source is credible and is close to one of the candidates.

Ok Ryles it is!

Someone2

Juniors
Rather do what the Tigers did and appoint a club legend in Cayless instead of JD or Barrett

Cayless was close to getting the NZ job I think he’ll go well

Hannay because he is highly rated by a wide range of influential merkins, and unlike Ryles he already has NRL experience as a caretaker.
Wow, did it hurt when they finally pulled those splinters out?

fence GIF

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Holbrook Opens Up On Desires To Coach Again And “Very Attractive” Parramatta Role

Sydney Roosters assistant Justin Holbrook has admitted he still has the hunger to be a head coach in the NRL once again as the vacant Parramatta Eels role becomes a viable option.

The former Titans coach only rejoined the club he used to play for at the start of the year but has already begun to have his name linked to a handful of possible openings in the NRL.

Holbrook has only coached the Titans and St Helens in Super League for a combined 168 games but with a 60 per cent win rate, his name has now been thrown into contention for the Eels role.

With the Roosters boasting one of the best NRL coaching production lines in recent history, Holbrook could be next to revive his career with the Tricolours.

“I want to be a head coach again definitely, I don’t have any doubts about that,” Holbrook told SEN 1170 Afternoons.

“As for the timing of it, that’s probably the tricky one, I’m enjoying my time back here at the Roosters, I really am I like all the staff and I love the playing group, that’s the hardest one for me.

“Parramatta are a great club and they’ve got a very good roster as we witnessed first-hand on Saturday night, their halves are as good as any in the comp and their spine for that matter, they’ve got a great nursery for rugby league.

“It’s very attractive for any coach, whether you’re coaching a side at the moment in the NRL or you’re not coaching, they’re definitely a great club with a great history.

“But the timing is the tricky part from my end.”

Holbrook opened up on his short stint with the club in his early days of coaching and spoke glowing of Parramatta’s junior resources.

“I did (coach the under 20s) that was before I came over to the Roosters as an assistant,” Holbrook added.

“I had a great year out there, (I) really enjoyed it, great nursery for rugby league.”
Anyone that tries to play their chances out through the media will be quickly forgotten. Hollbrook and Barrett = no thanks.

eels_fan

First Grade
Holbrooks manager said back when BA was first sacked and options were being thrown up that Holbrook was really enjoying being back at the roosters and was not likely to want to step out of that role just yet. I’d actually like Holbrook as an option but think he’ll hang around another season or two before jumping back in the hot seat

It seems like in all realism it’s Hannay or Ryles. For me then, it’s Hannay. Has some experience leading a team in the head role, and his association with Qld gets him over the line.

Anyone that tries to play their chances out through the media will be quickly forgotten. Hollbrook and Barrett = no thanks.
I like how we haven't heard a single thing out of McDermott in all this too, assuming he's an obvious one the club would want to at least interview if not potentially appoint.