What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters
The new coach is going to be under immense pressure due to general league lore that the eels have a good side but are underperforming and have been met with significant unheralded misfortune.

If they give either of them more than 3 years, twill cause great consternation and unhappiness due to the risk of pay out.

Eveyone knows the eels need extra marquee and depth.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our pack has done fine in finals matches. The difference that week was the hangover from Townsville. We were obviously gassed when the game started. Your mate Gould predicted it before the Cowboys game even started.

That's a load of shit really. They had 9 days to recover. Penrith had already smoked them 2 weeks before. 28 -4 or something like that.

Kornstar

Coach
come on mate, this wasn't an issue 2 years ago when we made the decider.

we could of done more to keep Mooney and he was outside the 30 at the time and Stefano was offered massive coin at the tigers, the sort of coin that would of meant he needed to be their premier middle forward and at the timne he wasn't despite his potential.

I'd argue he (Stefano) still isn't worth it. Has a lot of promise and is great when on.......but it is too and far between at the moment.

Kornstar

Coach
Would you prefer Jnr at 800?
Stefano belted the Canberra pack on the weekend.
That wasn't what i was replying too.

If we paid him what the Tigers did when he left everyone would be bitching and moaning about his performances.

Jnr has been 3 times the player he has been over the same time period.

This year Jnr is down but still on par with Stefano, they have really good games and ordinary games.

If the question was does Stefano now have more upside going forward, then the answer is a resounding yes.

hindy111

Post Whore
That wasn't what i was replying too.

If we paid him what the Tigers did when he left everyone would be bitching and moaning about his performances.

Jnr has been 3 times the player he has been over the same time period.

This year Jnr is down but still on par with Stefano, they have really good games and ordinary games.

If the question was does Stefano now have more upside going forward, then the answer is a resounding yes.

He left for 275k but originally. That was prior to ever playing NRL. It may of seemed high but think of what Murchie cost us. Very similar.
I think everyone knew how talented Stefano was. He could of been given a bench role.
I feel like having juniors who played together a lot will build a better team than just importing players even if the same skill set and level. They have a bond

Kornstar

Coach
He left for 275k but originally. That was prior to ever playing NRL. It may of seemed high but think of what Murchie cost us. Very similar.
I think everyone knew how talented Stefano was. He could of been given a bench role.
I feel like having juniors who played together a lot will build a better team than just importing players even if the same skill set and level. They have a bond
I bet they are paying him way more than 275k

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Tigers have never gotten value out of Utoikamanu because he keeps demanding upgrades.

TheParraboy

Staff member
That's a load of shit really. They had 9 days to recover. Penrith had already smoked them 2 weeks before. 28 -4 or something like that.

27-8

Was there ,thought it was a tight game mostly

What blew us off the park this match was 4 Waqa Blake errors, two of which directly led to converted tries 2nd half. Mitch gong off half way through that half obviously was a bridge too far from there

Grand final, it was game on up until the 8th min mark, after that we got smoked...

hindy111

Post Whore
I bet they are paying him way more than 275k

Now yes. Not the first 3yrs. Any decent junior is going to attract offers elsewhere. Same would happen to every junior across the comp wonis highly regarded. It's your average ones like Russel who don't get attention from other clubs.. Penisni and Dylan both would of had plenty of clubs asking questions.

Latest posts