What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.4%

• Total voters

hindy111

Post Whore
well I dare say he overseas the assistant coaches, junior coaches and development officers….we‘ve apparently got one of those I think they call him the head of football and he’s a useless prick.

I don't care who is coach. Untill our junior and recruiting is fixed we aren't improving.
Stefano and Trey Mooney should be starting in our pack at the moment. Why we keep looking these kids while successful sides don't is beyond me.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I don't care who is coach. Untill our junior and recruiting is fixed we aren't improving.
Stefano and Trey Mooney should be starting in our pack at the moment. Why we keep looking these kids while successful sides don't is beyond me.
BA coaching philosophy seemed to be wanting experienced forwards.

He and the club struggled to develop and trust young forwards coming through the ranks.

Tepai Moeroa was one of the few juniors that played in the forwards to come through the BA era and play 100+ games.

Tepai probably didn't reach his potential either. You wonder how he could have gone with better coaching from a young age.

I can't recall many more off the top of my head.

It's why he went out and recruited Watmough, Scott, Matagi, Evans, Paulo, RCG, Makatoa, Ogden.

And they let a fair few young kids go.

BA either didn't trust very young forwards or just preferred more harden forwards in there mid to late 20s to do a job.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

He and the club struggled to develop and trust young forwards coming through the ranks.

Tepai Moeroa was one of the few juniors that played in the forwards to come through the BA era and play 100+ games.

Tepai probably didn't reach his potential either. You wonder how he could have gone with better coaching from a young age.

It's why he went out and recruited Watmough, Scott, Matagi, Evans, Paulo, RCG, Makatoa, Ogden.

BA either didn't trust very young forwards or just preferred more harden forwards in there mid to late 20s to do a job.
The fraud would have had to do some coaching with younger players. And we all know that wasn’t his job.

hindy111

Post Whore

Our pack. Leota & JFH ran thru them in the grand final like they where made of toilet paper. Never seen such a soft effort in a grand final. 15mins and it was over.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Our pack. Leota & JFH ran thru them in the grand final like they where made of toilet paper. Never seen such a soft effort in a grand final. 15mins and it was over.
Reality was GF day we were cooked i don't see it as excuse we still should have had more of a fight and rolled over pretty easily like the great Parramatta sides i have seen in September in my lifetime without seeing a premiership.

But not finishing Top 2 by losing to the bottom placed Tigers & Bulldogs that year cost us dearly.

Its why everyone on here was blowing up when we tossed away 4 competition points at the time. Long-term those losses are terminal you can't be doing it - Melbourne & Penrith rarely do.

Having that week off in week 2 is so valuable i think the Cowboys 2015 are the only side in the past 18 years to have won the premiership having to play 4 finals straight.

But Penrith would have beaten most sides that day in fact i struggle to find a side that year that would have matched Penrith in that 1st half they were relentless.

Even at our best not having to travel to Townsville and even if we had a week off during the finals would we have beaten Penrith i dare say probably not.

28-12 is probably flattering tbh.

I was worried about Penrith breaking Manly's 40-0 GF record at one point.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Reality was GF day we were cooked i don't see it as excuse we still should have had more of a fight and rolled over pretty easily like the great Parramatta sides i have seen in September in my lifetime without seeing a premiership.

But not finishing Top 2 by losing to the bottom placed Tigers & Bulldogs that year cost us dearly.

Its why everyone on here was blowing up when we tossed away 4 competition points at the time. Long-term those losses are terminal you can't be doing it - Melbourne & Penrith rarely do.

Having that week off in week 2 is so valuable i think the Cowboys 2015 are the only side in the past 18 years to have won the premiership having to play 4 finals straight.

But Penrith would have beaten most sides that day in fact i struggle to find a side that year that would have matched Penrith in that 1st half they were relentless.

Even at our best not having to travel to Townsville and even if we had a week off during the finals would we have beaten Penrith i dare say probably not.

28-12 is probably flattering tbh.

I was worried about Penrith breaking Manly's 40-0 GF record at one point.
Lucky Jakey came on and was able to turn the tide.

chiefy1

Bench

That's because teaching up and coming players, whilst is best for the club long term, takes time which BA didn't want to risk his job on - hence all the non eels developed players now in reserve grade - Ogden, Lumi Lumi, Makatoa, , Cini, Doorey Greig ect ect. It's been broken for a decade, So ba with his poor 4 from 12 finals record, knew he would likely be re-signed if he took fewer risks with development and just making the 8 was enough.

We were always going to pay the price for this, now we have a pack that's aging with nothing underneath, very few backs knocking on the door, and are in the spoon position all because the fraud looked after his job first.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The game was over after the 7th min, after that first try their heads just dropped.

For a team built to chase the collision it’s amazing how often they didn’t.

yy_cheng

Coach

Add Davey, Lussick maybe Hodgo.

And then his polishers Murchie, Moimoisea, Kelma, iPaps

Yup and ppl say he didnt have a say in R&R. It looked to me he gave strong indications of what he wanted.

I still recall when Mahoney went down and he said something like he didnt have a contingency for hooker. WTF?

King-Gutho94

Coach

Yup and ppl say he didnt have a say in R&R. It looked to me he gave strong indications of what he wanted.

I still recall when Mahoney went down and he said something like he didnt have a contingency for hooker. WTF?
His best was Peni Terepo being named at hooker in Magic Round in 2019 up against Cameron Smith dumping Reed to the bench.

It was a piece of genius that had Bellamy so rattled we got beat 64-10 and BA got a 2 year extension 48 hours later.

1719278234444.png

hineyrulz

Post Whore

We didn’t even plan for having our number 1 dummy being out, just shows you the sort of thinking that goes on at the club. Or lack of it.

And people think Bea Arthur was treated harshly lol. Fair dinkum.

Stagger eel

Staff member

come on mate, this wasn't an issue 2 years ago when we made the decider.

we could of done more to keep Mooney and he was outside the 30 at the time and Stefano was offered massive coin at the tigers, the sort of coin that would of meant he needed to be their premier middle forward and at the timne he wasn't despite his potential.

yy_cheng

Coach
We didn’t even plan for having our number 1 dummy being out, just shows you the sort of thinking that goes on at the club. Or lack of it.

And people think Bea Arthur was treated harshly lol. Fair dinkum.
before Blaize, we didnt really have a backup 1 either. NSW Cup fb changed nearly on a week to week basis

Apparently, Cini is killing it, wonder if Blaize went down would Cini come in and keep Blaize at 2?

Legal Eel

Juniors
His best was Peni Terepo being named at hooker in Magic Round in 2019 up against Cameron Smith dumping Reed to the bench.

It was a piece of genius that had Bellamy so rattled we got beat 64-10 and BA got a 2 year extension 48 hours later.

View attachment 90085
I think we would kill for that backline now, despite the fact we thought it was inadequate then!

I think I would take the current iterations of Jennings, Taka and Fergo over Asi or Harper!

Legal Eel

Juniors
Only at Parra!!

And it’s all about lack of resources apparently lol.
If only we had the resources to recruit and develop players like super wealthy clubs such as Canberra, Bulldogs, Penrith or Cronulla....possibly even St George, Souths, Manly and Newcastle

they all have better development plans in place than we do.

But it is pointless arguing, we have already been told that we don't have the resources to develop like all these rich and powerful clubs do and as Parra fans we should just know our ignorant place and be grateful for our lot.

Latest posts