What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels open door for disgraced Sharks boss

Gronk

Staff member
Hadley just said that he believes that Roy Spag had "promised the job to Tony Zappia and wishes to honour that commitment".

:crazy:

fish eel

Immortal
If he is the best candidate then we are in trouble IMO. Not saying that he is a bad person or administrator, but he comes with massive baggage. We don't need the media attention right now.

I completely agree.

I would rather Andrew Hill stay in the role than have Zappia. Nothing against Zappia, it woiuld be better for the club not to have him. We'd be giving the media a free kick - 'Eels reward disgraced Zappia'

H0WZAT

Juniors
When is the next club elections? Cause this new lot should go straight away if they appoint Zappia. Guilty or not he put himself in the position his in, and tried to cover it up. And "promising" a CEO position to a mate? What a joke.

I'm not on the Hill bandwagon either. This is the same bloke that with Hagan got us to the position we are at now, signing players like Lowrie for crazy amounts.

Jodeci

Bench
I completely agree.

I would rather Andrew Hill stay in the role than have Zappia. Nothing against Zappia, it woiuld be better for the club not to have him. We'd be giving the media a free kick - 'Eels reward disgraced Zappia'

I'd rather Dennis then Andrew Hill

spiderdan

Bench
regardless of the sharks investigation and findings of the matter, after all the crap our club was dragged through during the power struggle, i can't see bringing zappia back here doing us good.

zappia may well have the best credentials for the job, i don't know, but we don't need the attention brought to the club.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
regardless of the sharks investigation and findings of the matter, after all the crap our club was dragged through during the power struggle, i can't see bringing zappia back here doing us good.

zappia may well have the best credentials for the job, i don't know, but we don't need the attention brought to the club.

that should be all that matters, considering he has been cleared of any wrong doing or anything illegal

or perhaps some people may want a P R man who will run the club into to ground, financially

SDM

First Grade
Maybe we should all send Spagnolo an email, expressing our thoughts.

Suity

It can't hurt. I will be.

Zappia is now like Greg Bird, sure he will probably do his job well, but at what cost off the field in bad press?

Gronk

Staff member
OT: Hadley also said that the W/Tigers will appoint their new CEO today. The son of former NSWRL Kevin Humphries (who's first name escapes me). Apparently he played fullback for Balmain and post football has carved himself a significant career working as an executive with both Qantas & British Airways.

fish eel

Immortal
that should be all that matters, considering he has been cleared of any wrong doing or anything illegal

or perhaps some people may want a P R man who will run the club into to ground, financially

Because the Sharks finances really picked up with Zappia.

There is the opportunity for the club to really move forward.

Why take a step back and appoint somebody who generated nothing but negative headlines when he was in a CEO role?

SDM

First Grade
OT: Hadley also said that the W/Tigers will appoint their new CEO today. The son of former NSWRL Kevin Humphries (who's first name escapes me). Apparently he played fullback for Balmain and post football has carved himself a significant career working as an executive with both Qantas & British Airways.

Barry?:sarcasm:

The Colonel

Immortal
This will all die down just like the Matty Johns situation/beat up

In 2010, the structure will remain the same

Provided she doesn't have a case it may well do so. Until such time as the claims that have been made are proven or quashed than we should be distancing ourselves from the situation.

I like Zap, had a bit to do with him during my time at the club and think he is a very decent bloke. I'm surprised at the allegations as well as I am sure many others are.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Because the Sharks finances really picked up with Zappia.

There is the opportunity for the club to really move forward.

Why take a step back and appoint somebody who generated nothing but negative headlines when he was in a CEO role?

who generated what fishy ?

how long was he there for ? his negative headlines were one incident in the last few months of his tenure

he wasn't responsible for the other incidents caused by the current and past players

he wasn't there 7 years ago