What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels open door for disgraced Sharks boss

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
Let Andrew Hill do the job for now, and then get Todd Greenberg when his contract with the dogs is up, if he has one that is. If not, then pay whatever to get him. He is by far and away the best CEO in the game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Let Andrew Hill do the job for now, and then get Todd Greenberg when his contract with the dogs is up, if he has one that is. If not, then pay whatever to get him. He is by far and away the best CEO in the game.

it's a bit harsh on Hilly don't you think??

Avenger

Immortal
I was not going to say anything about this but here goes anyway. You see I'm big on evidence. There has been an independent investigation conducted. Zappia has no case to answer, yet some grubby paper and a witness who recorded him illegally and reneged on a confidentiality agreement carries more weight then the findings or lack there of.

I feel sorry for Zappia and wish him well. I would have no problem in Parra hiring him.

I feel sorry for him as well. Still seems odd why you feel you have to resign if you have done nothing wrong or have been found to have done nothing wrong.

I just don't want him at the club.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
was there an independent investigation? ... they seemed to say last night they were unsure if that really happened?

and tbh I don't care about legal or illegal taping - if he said bad sh*t then he said bad sh*t end of story - whether it stands up in court is irrelevant to me

i feel sorry for him in that I don't think he ever meant anything particularly bad in it all and this chick is probably going hard for her bit of fame and maybe money, but i think he's made some bad judgement calls and acted improperly

The only problem with the independent investigation clearing Tony, is that the NRL hasn't seen it, no one outside of the Sharks club has seen it and the Focus of that investigation, that being Ms Hall has reportedly said she has never been interviewed about the incident for said independent investigation.

Hey indeed Tony may have done no wrong, but there is a sense around the whole thing of impropriety especially with Ms Halls $20,000 pay out and Confidentiality agreement.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I was not going to say anything about this but here goes anyway. You see I'm big on evidence. There has been an independent investigation conducted. Zappia has no case to answer, yet some grubby paper and a witness who recorded him illegally and reneged on a confidentiality agreement carries more weight then the findings or lack there of.

I feel sorry for Zappia and wish him well. I would have no problem in Parra hiring him.

And some people would rather judge him on this rather than all the good he has done for both the Eels and Cronulla.

Similarly in the case of Matty Johns, the media have a lot to answer for, they wont report any positive actions of Zap, just the ones that sell newspapers.

I'm am not suggesting that Zaps is the man for the job, I've never met him and had no dealings with him, but I will never let the media influence my opinion of any person or event, because I find the media to be a bunch of low life, self prostituting bottom feeders who have very few boundaries when it comes to reporting in the name of ratings or selling newspapers, especially those involved in current affairs shows.

fish eel

Immortal
IMO, whether or not he did something wrong is a side issue when it comes to our club looking at a new CEO.

Like it or not, he comes with baggage now. We've got an image of a club to repair and should get someone who comes without the baggage Zappia does. If that's harsh on him, then so be it.

muznik

Juniors
Unfortunately, rightly or wrongly Zappia's reputation has been tarnished.
Regardless of guilty or innocent, Parra will attract bad press if he gets the job.

From all accounts the guy is a "good bloke" but for mine he would need to get his "baggage" sorted before I'd want him back at the club.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The only problem with the independent investigation clearing Tony, is that the NRL hasn't seen it, no one outside of the Sharks club has seen it and the Focus of that investigation, that being Ms Hall has reportedly said she has never been interviewed about the incident for said independent investigation.

Hey indeed Tony may have done no wrong, but there is a sense around the whole thing of impropriety especially with Ms Halls $20,000 pay out and Confidentiality agreement.

Not to mention her illegally taped conversation, yet we only heard a few words which were "you wanna spank me"

Why was everything else edited out ?

Could it be, as Zap said, it was taken out of context ?

Or more to the point, would be dull viewing or reading ?

fish eel

Immortal
Not to mention her illegally taped conversation, yet we only heard a few words which were "you wanna spank me"

Why was everything else edited out ?

Could it be, as Zap said, it was taken out of context ?

Or more to the point, would be dull viewing or reading ?

I dont believe it was?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
IMO, whether or not he did something wrong is a side issue when it comes to our club looking at a new CEO.

Like it or not, he comes with baggage now. We've got an image of a club to repair and should get someone who comes without the baggage Zappia does. If that's harsh on him, then so be it.

What do we have to repair fishy ?

fish eel

Immortal
What do we have to repair fishy ?

Umm.

The damage done by the last 12 months of publicly fighting over the board?

Or are you forgetting that it wasnt that long ago people were complaining in this forum that the club was being dragged through the mud?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Umm.

The damage done by the last 12 months of publicly fighting over the board?

Or are you forgetting that it wasnt that long ago people were complaining in this forum that the club was being dragged through the mud?

not forgetting anything

would you rather we kept Fitzy for the sake of good PR

I believe we are better off for what has happened in the last 12 months

fish eel

Immortal
not forgetting anything

would you rather we kept Fitzy for the sake of good PR

I believe we are better off for what has happened in the last 12 months

No.

Yes, we are better off, but we are coming from a long way back.

TheRam

Coach
I find it funny how people believe that Hilly is instantly right for the job based on 2 signings..

As for Zap? well......Roy has opened the door, to apply for the job.

interesting to see what happens from here.

Well Stags I too find it puzzling, I want to see both the new positions be advertised extensively or even better we should do what Wests just did and hire a headhunting firm to seek candidates for the position. This business of I'll get you over here cos we're old mates and you did a good job before no matter how flawed your character may be now and I like you sh*t has got to go by the way of the Dodo bird. It is so amateurish and totally smacks of job for the boys.

To even state publicly though Stagger that he is open to his mate applying for the job is a major judgmental error on Spag's part and has instantly placed Parra in a negative public light with many of Parra's own supporter base and in the wider community as a whole. I know that you like Zappia, which is fine and nobody else's business, but when it comes to Parra and or business friendships should never cloud your judgment especially when it is so clear cut that there would be a massive back lash seeing how high profile this has become. As I have stated before he is TOXIC!!!

I would love to see a totally new dawn for Parra now that we have finally rid our selves of the old guard of cronies that had besieged our club for soooo long. One way to really strike a blow for Parra and league in general would be to actively seek out women for the role of CEO. One who has a track record of great success in business and has an empathy for the community would be a fantastic coup for our club. It would definitely set us apart from other clubs and raise our profile in the football world.

Just a simple stat that I heard the other day on a business talk fest on the new A-PAC channel. It seems now quite evident that there is a correlation between the more women that are in senior positions in a company and the more success and profit the business seems to make. I mean go figure, who knew, ain't that a surprise? ;-)

Latest posts