1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

LeagueUnlimited.com is proud to launch a brand new weekly publication to accompany your footy weekend.

This week we have a special feature on how fans of fantasy footy survived the lockdown period between March and June thanks to Joshua Wells - he speaks to Jamie from NRLCEO Fantasy.

EDITION 7 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Eels release Kieran Foran

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Apr 28, 2016.

1. BoneyBlake17

BoneyBlake17 Juniors

The thing that baffles me is he supposedly told BA about his issues in December spent Christmas in a mental health facility but gets appointed captain 2 months later.

2. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

Maybe that's how desperate we/BA was to have a different on field leader than perennial nice guy Timmy...?

3. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

Actually I was just refuting your assertion that we lost tonight (and last week) because Beau Scott was out. Of course, this also invalidates your assertion that it somehow proves Scott is a better contributor than was Watmough last year.

4. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

I like that.

5. EelsFan05

EelsFan05 Juniors

Surely Scott would have been a safer option if a change was necessary. It was a massive error of judgement by BA.

6. strider

strider Post Whore

My thoughts ...

Feel for him ... seems like he's been brought up to be tough emotionally through life and try to just rely on his own inner strength to get by ... but got to a place where he couldn't

Buzz touched on plenty of difficult subjects - but plenty left unsaid too ... though I find it strange he never asked how all the parra shit affected him

I believe he just wants away from the spotlight of nrl right now ... fair enough ... will probably be at dogs in the future

I think he has done right by parra by leaving and giving us the chance to spend that money elsewhere ... i dont think parra is right for him - being the saviour isn't what he needs

7. Noise

Noise Coach

I got hammered for saying this months ago. Still can't believe People were claiming the overdose was accidental and certainly not drug abuse.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  8. Snoochies

Snoochies First Grade

I had bipolar in a previous life, it's one of those illnesses that can be hidden from the public and even those closest to you as you can be up on a high so to speak and everything looks rosey but when you get behind closed doors there is a massive crash waiting to happen. I've seen those dark days myself but obviously never had all the public attention Keiran had and the expectations that go with it. I wish him the best, there is light at the end of it.

9. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Circular Pou logic, by the end he is always arguing a different point but as long as he is still able to argue thats all that matters.

10. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

We also lost our halfback Sandow around then, and were stuck with guys like your two favs in Sef and Kelly playing in the halves........

11. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Words that Pou lives by lol.

12. Happy MEel

Happy MEel First Grade

Don't forget Taka spent a lot of time on the sidelines towards the back end of last year, as well as a back up winger on the right.

Also Edwards was out for the season

13. Happy MEel

Happy MEel First Grade

14. Happy MEel

Happy MEel First Grade

Ummm...do you have any stats to back that up seeing as though you like objective measures? The only thing I can find is our points for dropping from over 19 points a game with Scott to 11 points without him. As you say, this coincides with some other key absences but if you're going to make ridiculous sweeping statements, expect to get called out on it.

15. Happy MEel

Happy MEel First Grade

Now who's clutching at straws? We lost more games without Watmough because he missed more games (6 games compared to Scotts 2 so far).

We could also say we won more games without Watmough in the team (2 from 7) for a winning percentage of 29% than without Scott. Based on your ridiculous logic we could argue that this year we are incapable of winning without Scott as we have a 100% loss rate when he doesn't play.

However, this reasoning is ridiculous on both fronts and really does indicate you have well and truly lost this argument.

16. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Notable NRL players with Bi Polar ? Andrew Johns, Tim Smith, Peter Jackson & Kieran Foran.

17. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

Ben Hannant.

18. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

bi polar. The go to condition!!!

19. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

20. Noise

Noise Coach

Article of interview: http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...ieran-foran-speaks-following-parramatta-exit/

Troubled former Parramatta and Manly star Kieran Foran has admitted he tried to take his own life as personal issues involving his ex-partner got the better of him.

The Kiwi international was granted a release from the beleaguered Eels last week, less than a year after joining the club from Manly on a five-year deal worth $5 million.

In a candid interview with News Corp Australia, Foran revealed that he has walked away from the NRL to focus on getting his life back on track.

He told Eels coach Brad Arthur in December that he was struggling to cope before his life spiralled out of control in April.

"The intent was there," Foran said.

"I wanted out. About 1.30am I remember driving in my car, thinking in my head what way I was going to kill myself.

"I ended up driving back to my apartment, where I was staying in the city. I had a batch of left-over pills that were pain-killing medication. I tried to basically overdose.

"I remember the week vividly. I had been struggling, I had a lot going on. Trying to work through my relationship breakdown, with two young kids, with my ex-partner, while juggling football.

"I just wasn't coping. I could see I was starting to lose hope on life, really. I just couldn't see that light at the end of the tunnel.

"I just remember one late Thursday night it all got too much for me.

"I can't remember the exact amount (of pills I took). It was a handful. I remember getting told the next day by the nurses that it wasn't enough to kill me but definitely enough to make me crook.

"At the time I was hoping that it was gonna do the job. I'm grateful I'm here today, but I remember waking up the next morning wishing that it had worked.

[​IMG]

Foran says there is no time frame for a return rugby league.

"My priority at the moment is getting myself right," he said.

"I know there will come a time where I need to earn a living.

"When I get that love and desire back for rugby league, then I will know I will want to play it again.

"At the moment I have no motivation to play it. I wanna get my shoulder right. I wanna get healthy again in the mind and the body."

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...ieran-foran-speaks-following-parramatta-exit/

Fairly obvious it wasn't 'accidental'