What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels release Kieran Foran

Captain BF

Juniors
Check out this douche on Twitter, he has a fair bit to say on the matter.

@33ScottCampbell

Says he's an ex NRL referee, probably a good reason. How can these scum bags not be in court for slander?

Looks like a bitter manly supporter.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

pedge

Juniors
I say full of shit.

GALLERY | Eels Round Nine Skills Session http://yi.nzc.am/dei6PK

Pretty sure this was yesterday morning and Foran looks ok

The DT article says he has been missing from training all week...shocker the DT might get something wrong, but can't help but feel there is more to this story then meets the eye....training one day, stood down indefinitely the next?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There is info floating around that something may have escalated last night

Interestingly Foran has a spot on the 2ky BSB each Thursday morning and he wasn't on it this morning, they said he had an important physio appointment but BA was on instead. Foran had missed previous weeks before but there was never a replacement.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's what I'm thinking. If it is a mental illness (and that's what it looks like) how in the hell would anyone know that 3 weeks is the time frame when it will be fixed?

'Mental illness' no longer just means debilitating permanent conditions like schizophrenia. Now it covers everything up to feeling anxious over some personal issues. Foran could be back after rep round.

Or he might never play again.

hindy111

Post Whore
We all have a mental illness.

You & me and the person down the street. Some just handle it better then others.

phantom eel

First Grade
Hope things even out for him, and he's able and supported to work through his current circumstances soon.

We all have a mental illness.

You & me and the person down the street. Some just handle it better then others.

That's not how I'd put it, but there's a lot of truth in that. And if you knew me Hindy you'd know that I believe in mental illness, and that there are degrees. And it's all very murky. It's not just a question of mental strength.

^b0ss^

Juniors
Hey all just found out.From the original post its saying he was in hospital all week for mental illness.

That doesn't sound right,unless he was on some sort of suicide watch.They don't keep you in there for a week for depression.

Just reading a post where he was at training the other day,sounds like a lot of misinformation going on atm.

Im hearing that his son was in Hospital,so there could be a few issues that have come up at once that he needs to sort out.

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
That is a grossly innaccurate statement that downplays the seriousness of mental health issues

^b0ss^

Juniors
That is a grossly innaccurate statement that downplays the seriousness of mental health issues

Im not down playing it,Depression can be a life long thing for many.But if you were to go to Hospital saying your depressed there not going to keep you in there for observation for a week.

You would have to be saying some serious things from them to keep you in bed for a week at hospital.