What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels release Kieran Foran

emjaycee

Coach
It leads to him being on the field less.

But it hasn't - at least not while he has been here with us. Sure the cause of his absence may have been related to the availability of prescription drugs but the real cause was his relationship breakdown. Do you think he have been in the position he was in if he and his partner had not split?

I'd say an overdose is classified as abuse, wouldn't you?
Actually in isolation, no I wouldn't. An accidental overdose (if that is what it was) does not indicate drug abuse on its own. If you get pissed and accidentally drive your car off a bridge are you automatically an abuser of alcohol?

phantom eel

First Grade
How does the break up of Foran's marriage this year (and the two games he missed as a result) mean that Foran has long standing issues that resulted in him being on the field less in previous years?

And you're wondering how the (ab)use of prescription drugs wn't occur again... I'd say an alleged overdose might be a good indicator that someone now knos their limit, wouldn't you? Not to mention the support that the club has facilitated to help their employee deal with the personal issues they were experiencing as well.

I don't think anyone in rugby league is worth $1mil to be honest, it's ridiculous money. But I'd rather fierce competitor Foran - a Kiwi captain, despite these issues you speak of - have been our captain this year than Timmy "nice guy" "mediocrity's ok guys" "it's only footy" Mannah.

Noise

Coach
If, if, if Foran has a problem with prescription drugs as has been alleged, I don't think it would be a new thing in 2016 for him - and yet he managed to play 19 games last year and perform as one of the best halves in the comp. The difference this year is an unpleasant change in his relationship status which doesn't happen every week/month/year.

I get you don't think he is suitable captain material because of his off-field issues but what impact do/have these issues have on his performance on the field?

And exactly what problem does he allegedly have with prescription drugs - abuse, addiction??

But it hasn't - at least not while he has been here with us. Sure the cause of his absence may have been related to the availability of prescription drugs but the real cause was his relationship breakdown. Do you think he have been in the position he was in if he and his partner had not split?

Actually in isolation, no I wouldn't. An accidental overdose (if that is what it was) does not indicate drug abuse on its own. If you get pissed and accidentally drive your car off a bridge are you automatically an abuser of alcohol?

That's a stupid comparison. You are combining drug use with operating a vehicle. How is that similar to Foran's over dose? A more accurate comparison is if you drink so much you end up in a coma or need to get your stomach pumped. And yes. That makes you an alcohol abuser

phantom eel

First Grade
That's a stupid comparison. You are combining drug use with operating a vehicle. How is that similar to Foran's over dose? A more accurate comparison is if you drink so much you end up in a coma or need to get your stomach pumped. And yes. That makes you an alcohol abuser
But will that experience make you think twice next time?

If you only "abuse" once, does that make you an "abuser" forever into the future? When you're also getting support for the issues that led to that incident of "abuse"?

emjaycee

Coach
But will that experience make you think twice next time?

If you only "abuse" once, does that make you an "abuser" forever into the future? When you're also getting support for the issues that led to that incident of "abuse"?

I think it is clear that once you have done something stupid, despite any realisation, support and rehabilitation of said behaviour, you are forever tarnished for that behaviour. Can't you realise that :sarcasm: :sarcasm:

phantom eel

First Grade
Yep, I see... so Wicks and M'au will always be "criminals", despite their actions taking place in 2009 and 2007 respectively. :sarcasm:

Kornstar

Coach
I don't think a bloke with a drug problem should be getting paid a million bucks and be captain of Parra. How do we know they won't surface again? There were stories doing the rounds all off season. Then he OD's during the season.

There is no doubt he needs to sort his shit out.

It's disappointing he got injured because we'll never know what would have happened with him for the rest of the season.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Noise - I get that you aren't happy with Foran. But don't let that turn you into a gibbering gibberosauras.

phantom eel

First Grade
I wondr how far back Aevnger went to delete his posts? Just the ones made about Foran in the past day or so - or also the ones about "drums beating" that Hayne's return is imminent?

Definitely some issues surface whenever anyone here presents a different opinion to that shared on any given day by Avenger's "source"...

Maybe Avenger's still at it, clicking away ... individually deleting any posts he made of info during the whole salary cap thing? Or maybe deleting right back to 2009? :sarcasm:

Noise

Coach
Noise - I get that you aren't happy with Foran. But don't let that turn you into a gibbering gibberosauras.

If I get asked a question I will respond. I haven't said anything that is incorrect or will get deleted by mods so I won't be going back to delete anything.

Lethal

Juniors
I wondr how far back Aevnger went to delete his posts? Just the ones made about Foran in the past day or so - or also the ones about "drums beating" that Hayne's return is imminent?

Definitely some issues surface whenever anyone here presents a different opinion to that shared on any given day by Avenger's "source"...

Maybe Avenger's still at it, clicking away ... individually deleting any posts he made of info during the whole salary cap thing? Or maybe deleting right back to 2009? :sarcasm:

If it wasn't for people like Avenger, nobody would bother reading this forum.
The information he passes on is gold.

Bigfella

Coach
Yep it was certainly reassuring to be told we were sweet with the nrl over the salary cup.

I took that nugget straight to the bank.

Ratchy

Juniors
His 2nd Dally M had nothing to do with selling himself to the NFL. You can have whatever opinion you want about him but to suggest he only made an NFL roster because he won a Dally M in Australia is pretty god damn funny.

That's not what I meant, Hayne had to prove himself in training camps and exhibition games to make the squad but it definitely gave him the chance to sell/market himself as the best player in the game by winning that award for a second time.

Hayne left at an opportune for himself when his star was the brightest and certainly not for the club.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

I have been keeping an eye on this one. He appears to have now deleted everything up to and including 2011. He is stopping for a short lunch break and will then get back into it.