What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parra

Referee
It's all a big frame up! we've done nothing wrong, the NRL just hates us and decided to do this to us this year cause we were a chance to win.

Even if we get under the cap, and satisfy all the conditions, they will just rig all our games so we can't get in the finals.

That's about right, isn't it Swifty?

Somewhere between this concocted fantasy and the spin from Greenberg & the NRL is the truth.

Incorrect

Coach
That was my initial reaction on Tuesday as well mate but (attempting to phrase this in a way that won't cause trouble) if the tip I got is correct DA might actually be desperately unlucky to be caught up in this all.

Daniel has a lot to lose. If the mud sticks out of all this, he would be unlikely to get any gig with any NRL team in any capacity again, much less the NRL (like he did when he took over as Referee's boss after Sapgnolo punted him in 2010).

I am of the belief that he would be one challenging the de-registration most feverishly and find it hard to believe he acted in any way that wasn't above board. Naive perhaps.

PM me if you like Forty if you feel like sharing the tip you got!

eelegant

Juniors
Ocean%27s-Five.jpg

My PS skills are bit shit, but you get the idea.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So if you're going to f**king crow about deserving the punishment, don't whinge about having to lose players we cheated to sign.
Derp!! lol don't whinge, we wouldn't be losing anybody if we didn't have an incompetent board which were way out of their depth.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Do you reckon those guys would be interested in running those clubs if their voting members were a bunch of backstabbers and snitches?
Yeah it's all the fans fault :roll: f**k me i'm sure you just type this shit so you can argue with people. Or clinically insane.

ash411

Bench
Hi Denis.

How's it going?

We may have been deceptive to the NRL and that pissed them off but we are in no way as rampantly out of control that the drumming up of the media leaks gave the impression of.

The only condition they care about is getting rid of the board.

It is worth contesting as if someone like Anderson is involved, there is probably more to it than meets the eye. Or do you just believe everything you are told without seeing the details?

Deceptive, maybe. Stupid, yes. Do we have an advantage this year? No... not compared to other teams over the last few years, whether legal or illegal. Not considering 800k has done nothing for us and filed for insurance a long time ago, yet the NRL is trying hard to not allow this to make us play for pts if he retires.

This season is over honey, may as well try to salvage some credibility. If the board has anything to combat the NRL with than they should be allowed to. If they don't then we walk blissfully into the sunset as cheaters in 2016.

The club has been told they can dispute any and all of the claims they want, which is why they are calling them preliminary findings. I don't understand why you're insisting that that it be them that deals with the NRL, especially when the NRL doesn't want them to?

By the way, how does me refusing to believe this is all a stitch up by the NRL Denis Fitzgerald?

Look, I'm all for them going through the breach notice with a fine tooth comb and picking anything out that doesn't hold up, they absolutely should do that. but that process is going to take weeks to months. Maybe if we can pick enough of it apart in appeals we can get some (or all, doubtful) of our points back and lessen the fine. Maybe even get the de-registrations overturned, but for the time being the most immediate priority is to get the team cap compliant and get back to playing footy. If that means the 5 have to stand aside and let the others work on the cap issue, then so be it, like I said before, them stepping aside isn't irrevocable, if their registrations are re-instated through challenging the NRL then we can have them back (if we want to).

Unless we're happy to not earn any points at all this season. In that case it doesn't matter what we do.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I agree, I'm fine with them still being a part of the process from the sidelines, but will the NRL be fine with that? Will they be fine with losing their jobs? If there is nothing to their defence then obviously I advocate them going away quietly but since they think that they aren't entirely in the wrong then that would be worth exploring in way of the natural course of justice.

If you were out and someone got bashed and died and the next day someone said it was you, would you enjoy it if the members of your community took this stance?

"It's all a big frame up! You've done nothing wrong, the police just hate you and decided on this because you were the closest male"

and then the police say "instead of going to the courts, we will let you walk free if you just place yourself on our violent offenders list and quit your job to satisfy the outraged. You only have 2 weeks to decide and if you don't decide within 2 weeks and take the matter to court, we are going to give you the full sentence"

Let them look over the allegations, over their own books and come up with their own conclusions. Hopefully they have a defence for this.

Last edited:

ash411

Bench
I agree, I'm fine with them still being a part of the process from the sidelines, but will the NRL be fine with that? Will they be fine with losing their jobs? If there is nothing to their defence then obviously I advocate them going away quietly but since they think that they aren't entirely in the wrong then that would be worth exploring in way of the natural course of justice.

If you were out and someone got bashed and died and the next day someone said it was you, would you enjoy it if the members of your community took this stance?

"It's all a big frame up! You've done nothing wrong, the police just hate you and decided on this because you were the closest male"

and then the police say "instead of going to the courts, we will let you walk free if you just place yourself on our violent offenders list and quit your job to satisfy the outraged. You only have 2 weeks to decide and if you don't decide within 2 weeks and take the matter to court, we are going to give you the full sentence"

Let them look over the allegations, over their own books and come up with their own conclusions. Hopefully they have a defence for this.

So, going by your analogy, you're saying they're completely innocent?

Besides, no one is telling them to stand down from the PLC board, the NRL can't do that, they have no authority there. They just want them to step down from the PNRL board.

Djay

Juniors

Totally agree with this, spot on.

Just a thought. If there are allegations of wrong doing should the ones alleged to have committed it and are alleged to have hidden it, be the ones to investigate the allegations and respond? Surely it is reasonable and independent reviews the allegations, investigates the accuracy or flaws in the allegation and responds to the NRL?

Dibs

Bench
There'd be lots of them. Like 'Who is the biggest, most self-interested cockmunching knob-jockeying arseclown in the southern hemisphere?' Or 'He fits Gerald where? Oh who?'

Lol love it. I wonder if he would answer with I may be the biggest, most self-interested, cockmunching, knobjockeying arseclown in the Southern Hemisphere but I still have my smarts

ash411

Bench
Lol love it. I wonder if he would answer with I may be the biggest, most self-interested, cockmunching, knobjockeying arseclown in the Southern Hemisphere but I still have my smarts

I think he'd be happy someone said he was the best at something...

Swiftstylez

Bench
Just a thought. If there are allegations of wrong doing should the ones alleged to have committed it and are alleged to have hidden it, be the ones to investigate the allegations and respond? Surely it is reasonable and independent reviews the allegations, investigates the accuracy or flaws in the allegation and responds to the NRL?

Everything up until now from the media and the fans has been reactionary. Everyone is baying for blood without hearing both sides of the story. Whether there is substance to a defence or not is irrelevant, the truth is all that matters. 2016 is over if there is no defence. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Watmough's injury is a good start.

strider

Post Whore
That was my initial reaction on Tuesday as well mate but (attempting to phrase this in a way that won't cause trouble) if the tip I got is correct DA might actually be desperately unlucky to be caught up in this all.

I've always been a bit undecided about DA .... and admittedly I know f**k all about the roles within our club ..... buck I'm f**ked if I know how he doesn't have some responsibility in the shenanigans of things like Foran, Hoppa and now this??? .... WTF does the guy do?

If we are under the cap then what bearing does Sharp and co have with compliance for 2016. Spite? It doesn't make sense.

I think there would be a legal case against this, as well.

If this was an option as a punishment then the 5 were not told (hence the injunction, at least partly).

If the NRL began conducting this investigation before the season began, they could have given warning of this potential option and allowed the 5 to step down until the process was over, thus fulfilling the criteria the NRL want before points become accruable.

This did not occur. The opportunity was not given by the NRL. The 5, and the club, were not given the opportunity to accrue points in a fair fashion. When it was only after 9 rounds that this punishment was revealed as an option, it was too late for the club to get itself into a position to compete for the full season.

This is the fault of the NRL for not disclosing this potential option prior to the season starting.

As such, it's possible that the court would not accept this as a legitimate criteria for withholding points and it would be waived.

How could they ask anyone to step down when they were asking them to cooperate and supply information which was NOT forthcoming from your Board?

That's why they used the rules that allow them to March in and do a foresic audit and find more than they were likely asking about in the first place.

f**king Ameture hour.

Love your club and love your team but seriously the Board is and has been a rabble for years. You blokes deserve better and all these factions crap needs to be pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.