What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Challenging is better than rolling over on our backs and accepting the "evidence" not presented, we haven't even been stripped of the points yet and most of you have given up. This season is effectively over either way if punishments stand and the NRL's decision to let us play for points is two fold. They don't lose much revenue and the fans and others can side against the board to get them out of there quicker. Best to explore all avenues rather than write this season off straight away, I don't detest the board for standing up for themselves when most of the alleged wrongdoing is before they got in according to them anyway.

No matter how stupid the board was it would be even more idiotic to let these sanctions go unchallenged. I agree with Hollywood and others, stop being the NRL's bitches. Even if we win the premiership this year (not going to happen) the cloud is always going to hang over this year... I'd rather the cloud disappear altogether or just wait for next year which is the only result anyway.

Last edited:

ash411

Bench
They need to give them a copy or a transcript of what was allegedly said. They cannot keep it from them. There must be full disclosure even in civil matters.

We have the recordings, right there on the computer.

In regards to them being illegally obtained, we gave them to the NRL when we let them take the computers etc. for analysis by the investigators. If you're going to counter that the recordings themselves were illegal, that is also wrong, it's not uncommon for secretaries to record meetings for record keeping purposes, and they were aware they were being recorded. They said that even some of the board members questioned if it was a good idea that they record them. So the recordings are 100% legal.

Avenger

Immortal
We have the recordings, right there on the computer.

In regards to them being illegally obtained, we gave them to the NRL when we let them take the computers etc. for analysis by the investigators. If you're going to counter that the recordings themselves were illegal, that is also wrong, it's not uncommon for secretaries to record meetings for record keeping purposes, and they were aware they were being recorded. They said that even some of the board members questioned if it was a good idea that they record them. So the recordings are 100% legal.

You need permission from every person implicated before the recording starts. They must give consent. If they did not consent or if it wasn't obviously implied that they consented then you can use that computer as a doorstop.

we haven't even been stripped of the points yet and most of you have given up.

:-k:-k pretty sure i saw greenburg say we were being stripped of points just because you've seen an old nrl ladder that hasn't been updated yet doesn't mean it's not happening

Last edited:

Avenger

Immortal
The stripping of points at this stage is provisional.

As are all the findings. I dare say behind the scenes the barrister representing us who is on at least $10,000 a day is preparing submissions to the court and the NRL. We will know more by Friday as we will with chic and his pending retirement.

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
You need permission from every person implicated before the recording starts. They must give consent. If they did not consent or if it wasn't obviously implied that they consented then you can use that computer as a doorstop.

Coincidentally?
Prior to Mondays AGM both the initial presenter then Sharp stated in their opening coments that the meeting was being recorded.
I was also curious why Boulos wasnt in attendance. Im a regular attendee at these meetings and Im sure the CEO such as Seward was always on the panel.
Sharp also said at the AGM that he had no idea when the results of the investigation would be advised yet there was a 7.30 am meeting the next morning and àlso prior contact with BA to organise a meeting, again on the Tuesday morning between Greenburg, Weeks and the team.
Regretably it appears there was some fibbing even at the AGM.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If we are under the cap then what bearing does Sharp and co have with compliance for 2016. Spite? It doesn't make sense.
My dear Avenger. You heard Greenburg say, "it stops NOW". How could it stop if those responsible remain involved. Simple really. Lol.

Avenger

Immortal
My dear Avenger. You heard Greenburg say, "it stops NOW". How could it stop if those responsible remain involved. Simple really. Lol.

Greenburg is obviously pissed because he has been allegedly lied to or not been told everything.

Delboy

First Grade
Not sure if this timing works

The 3 directors stood down were on board during the reign of the so called rogue CEO, when the current board was elected he was gone within 2 months, does the punishment relate to the time those 3 were there and the problems grew, should they have known earlier?

The football office guys, is their suspension related to the fact they did not come forward during the investigation

Again not sure if this could be relevant, didn't the NRL advise the board that they would not allow a presentation until the review was complete . Then they then deregistered them, therefore denying that board an opportunity for their full explanation

I understand the NRL hold the cards, perhaps the suspended parties should be heard

If the protagonists come into the clubs as a result , that rewards the tactics re leaks and media mates, would be a terrible precedent going forward

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Merkins have a market for our season.

Attachments

• ChqifjNVEAATlKD.jpg
    ChqifjNVEAATlKD.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.