What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so the question is...

Where do we go from here.

Sharp and the board are gone, that's a foregone conclusion, no matter what happens in regards to an appeal, they definitely won't be exonerated, that's for sure.

So who now does the responsibility fall to to get us under the cap and get our season back on track?

Whoever they are, they need to roll up their sleeves and get to work, today.

Does anyone know where we go from here?

May as well buy some more players for the balance of the season. Can't be half-pregnant.

Dibs

Bench
Shedding players will be hard. No club will pay market value for our player (unless there is a bidding war). So likely we'll need to find buyers and sell players at a discount.

Yep and I say it will f*ck us for a long time. We will be back to paying players to play elsewhere and not being able to attract players to us. Norman will go now. Foran will not take up his 2 year option and after next season he will be elsewhere, if not beforehand cause we release him to be compliant. I'm guessing at least another 5 years of mediocracity

souths_pride

Juniors
I just want to say that it is darn shame that this has happened to the Eels. I really hope that you guys get over this and can continue to show the type of form that you have done this season. I think that the performance against the Dogs last Friday was arguably the best Parramatta performance I have seen in recent times. I don't know what has brought on the sudden change in attitude but if someone could bottle some of it and send it the way of South Sydney I'd very much appreciate it. Additionally, I really hope that you guys do not player a weakened team against us as has been rumoured because given the attitudes that some of our players have been showing, the last thing we need is a cheap victory.

What I find a bit stunning is that you guys must shed players immediately. I was under the impression that your salary cap was fine for this season and that was the reason why Ian Schubert was brought in? Basically, wasn't he supposed to manage everything and ensure that you were under the cap? Where has this all gone wrong?

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
I don't see anyway we are going to be able to shed $570k in 10 days, it may be months, or not possible at all.

ash411

Bench
So if we cut 570k from this year's roster, then we're under the yearly salary cap? So we get our points back?

No, those 12 points are gone. The only chance we have going forward is getting compliant so we can earn points going forward.

At least we get to keep our for and against, that's something.

The question was asked if the salary cap system needs to be overhauled and he just admitted that they are blind unless they are alerted by someone outside the NRL admin.

Kornstar

Coach
That's right Korny.

There's some serious deflection going on here.

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that I can't call the Storm cheats anymore because we have been cheats since 2013 by the sounds of it to a tune of 3 million dollars.

It would be hypocritical of me not to be outraged by our clubs dealings and hammer the Storm at the same time.

Time to look forward to next year now. Cop the punishment and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.