What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

KromyD

Juniors
Yep.

As for the OP, why would Manly take a player off our hands when he's out for the season with injury?

Stranger deals have happened in the NRL, with a retiring Lyon it wouldn't be too far fetched for Manly to attempt to get 2/3 guys fighting for that 5/8th spot if Walker was to move back to centre.

Manly signed Tim Moltzen after all his injuries, at what i priced for Luke Kelly i wouldnt be suprised if your club thinks its a steal lol.

Chipmunk

Coach
The remaining board members should appeal and argue precedent to reduce to the amount of penalty imposed. Twelve points is too excessive if you are $570k over the cap, especially if you can comply by the retirement of Watmough and cutting several other players assuming there is a demand for them.

I'd say that the twelve points is just docking us for every win that we have been over the salary cap this season, so I doubt we would win a precedent argument.

I'd take the issue that it has been decided that our TPA's have been determined to be part of our salary cap straight to court. We'll see what a court decides.

Gronk

Staff member
Fitzy on Fox.

He says the penalty was harsh but fair.

He's happy to assist the club in any way.......

Pugzley

Feel sorry for you guys. Every time you guys go forward, circumstances beyond your control force you to go two steps back. You finally got a decent team without Hayne and fixed your defence but that was for nothing this year. Unless you guys go undefeated and embarrass the NRL.

Avenger

Immortal
Hey Denis, was it worth it mate? Do you really think that now you will get back in? You delusional old prick.

Rhyno

First Grade
I nearly pissed myself laughing when I seen them interview Fitzgerald about taking control of the club

I'd rather see parramatta kicked outta the nrl and the stadium burnt to the ground

oldmancraigy

Coach
It is only 570k

Watmough retires, we are sweet.

Can play for points next game, too far back to catch up, but oh well.

Gronk

Staff member
Feel sorry for you guys. Every time you guys go forward, circumstances beyond your control force you to go two steps back. You finally got a decent team without Hayne and fixed your defence but that was for nothing this year. Unless you guys go undefeated and embarrass the NRL.

Thx mate.

Chipmunk

Coach
Weeks said in the presser that our breaches amount to about $3M over 3/4 years.

But my interpretation of the NRL press conference is that we were docked the 12 points because every time the team won a match it was over the salary cap this year. We essentially only lost the 12 points because of this fact. The other issues were what we got the fines and staff/board have to leave were about.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Classic Denis, like fire bug fireman who starts fires to be the hero.

Going to be tough watching footy for the rest of the year!!

Hope BA keeps the boys heads up - really feel sorry for them and coaching staff!!

KromyD

Juniors
The nrl at the time allowed those players to renegotiate their contracts to stay together, they won't allow that anymore. We are going to go 2 steps back then 3 steps back. Hope I'm wrong but that's how I see it

Did they? They may have not let them negotiate that current year but surely its illegal to stop them re-negotiating the year or 2 after. If that was the case, the Eels board maybe a tad in a better position as they will know sooner rather than later if the off contract stars will be on board for 2017 and onwards.

Peats, Gordon, Norman & Foran will be the deciding factor in weather or not Parra will be top 8 material next year. If they do cutting mid range players and signing players who want to play with there squad may not be as hard plus there must be 2/3 juniors in the eve of a debut next year.

whall15

Coach
As much as I'd like to claim conspiracy, the falsification of receipts looks incredibly dodgy.

Also Fitzgerald the vulturous scumbag can go f**k himself, with a pineapple.

Gronk

Staff member
The crazy thing is that we'd still have a great team @ $570k less. Don't sign Watmerkin, Gordon, King, and another and we'd still be killing it.

Greed and ambition got in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.