What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
ALLAN JONES - Someone needs to tell the NRL that there is GWS and the wanderers and they are now about to destroy parramatta.

IFR33K

Coach
This will be a sad day in RL if eels are cap compliant and are penalised. I hope eels drag this on for months and months blowing millions of dollars taking this to the courts

emjaycee

Coach
Due to promotions provided by the NRL, I and many others purchased season tickets to watch my team compete in the 2016 Competition for the chance to be crowned Premiers. The NRL will today potentially remove this opportunity and therefore have voided the remaining value of the product they encouraged me to purchase.

Class Action anyone?

ash411

Bench
not much point in watching any more games this season

How about to support the boys?

They haven't done anything, so if they lose their chance at playing in the finals you're just going to abandon them?

You're a weak soft **** and shouldn't even bother supporting Parra at all.

Sorry but it makes me mad that people like you will just pull up stumps like that. Especially given the effort the boys have been putting in for you this year.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

SDM

First Grade
Due to promotions provided by the NRL, I and many others purchased season tickets to watch my team compete in the 2016 Competition for the chance to be crowned Premiers. The NRL will today potentially remove this opportunity and therefore have voided the remaining value of the product they encouraged me to purchase.

Class Action anyone?

I am in, pain and suffering due to being teased about my Parramatta lunchbox at work.

Avenger

Immortal

Class Action anyone?

I'm really enjoying your posts lately. Nice to see some thought go into posting. Not that you haven't always done it. We met once at our stadium if I remember correctly?

phantom eel

First Grade
I'm with Hindy (the real one) on this - I sense it won't be as bad as the (agenda-driven) media have been making out.

I don't think they have much on us, and predict the NRL will announce an (unappealable) 4 point deduction, naming and shaming certain club staff and/or directors who were involved in not disclosing info that should rightly have been disclosed (who then resign or be shown the door).

Four points is not a big deal... Brad Arthur and this cap compliant squad can easily make the top 8 from there. In fact, I reckon we can even make the top 8 if the NRL announce an eight point deduction. But anything more than 4 points should be challenged by the club through the courts.

And anything more than 10 points would be a big mistake on the NRL's part, and disproportionate to the issues and scope that we're dealing with. As Webster's artcile said, the NRL wants our governance reformed, not the team's season wiped out... When all this is done I reckon we'll end up with a 4 point deduction, and lose a few footy operations staff/directors (with any directors resigning being replaced by interim NRL appointees).

And then we go on to make the finals, and from there win the comp :D.

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm with Hindy (the real one) on this - I sense it won't be as bad as the (agenda-driven) media have been making out.

I don't think they have much on us, and predict the NRL will announce an (unappealable) 4 point deduction, naming and shaming certain club staff and/or directors who were involved in not disclosing info that should rightly have been disclosed (who then resign or be shown the door).

Four points is not a big deal... Brad Arthur and this cap compliant squad can easily make the top 8 from there. In fact, I reckon we can even make the top 8 if the NRL announce an eight point deduction. But anything more than 4 points should be challenged by the club through the courts.

And anything more than 10 points would be a big mistake on the NRL's part, and disproportionate to the issues and scope that we're dealing with. As Webster's artcile said, the NRL wants our governance reformed, not the team's season wiped out... When all this is done I reckon we'll end up with a 4 point deduction, and lose a few footy operations staff/directors (with any directors resigning being replaced by interim NRL appointees).

And then we go on to make the finals, and from there win the comp :D.

I doubt there is anything in the Leagues Club constitution that allows for NRL independent people on the board.

Glenn

First Grade
Maybe wishful thinking, but do the NRL really want to damage the brand in Western Sydney, when GWS and Western Sydney Wanderers are on the rise?
A points deduction (-4) , and a significant fine imo.:-k

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach
Maybe wishful thinking, but do the NRL really want to damage the brand in Western Sydney, when GWS and Western Sydney Wanderers are on the rise?
A points deduction (-4) , and a significant fine imo.:-k

Not sure we deserve more then 4 points tbh. But everything should be factored in.

Eelementary

Post Whore
If we have nothing to play for, I would love to see the team just kick off and let the opposition score untouched for 80 minutes every week.

Now that would piss off the NRL and what are they going to do?

Could we do that?

Wouldn't the NRL fine the club for bringing the game into disrepute?

Status
Not open for further replies.