What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

strider

Post Whore
If we were in the USA and someone ruined their team's season, merkins would probably riot in the streets ... just saying

phantom eel

First Grade
I doubt there is anything in the Leagues Club constitution that allows for NRL independent people on the board.
True, but I think a draft new PNRL onstitution was distributed last night?

As an interim measure the NRL might seek to install "de facto" independent directors of that (future) PNRL board, to cover any vacancies (and mean the LC can fill their director vacancies without it impacting the football side of things? That's remembering the NRL can in a sense dictate terms of who (or what) controls the licences they've granted to enter and remain in the competition....

Kornstar

Coach
Not sure we deserve more then 4 points tbh. But everything should be factored in.

It would be odd that if we are 100% cap compliant for 2016 that we had somehow systematically cheated the cap to obtain Foran, Scott and Gordon. We would have to be over the cap this year for those claims to be realised.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Due to promotions provided by the NRL, I and many others purchased season tickets to watch my team compete in the 2016 Competition for the chance to be crowned Premiers. The NRL will today potentially remove this opportunity and therefore have voided the remaining value of the product they encouraged me to purchase.

Class Action anyone?

I'm not sure we would have a legal leg to stand on - if we broke the rules, we must be punished.

strider

Post Whore
It would be odd that if we are 100% cap compliant for 2016 that we had somehow systematically cheated the cap to obtain Foran, Scott and Gordon. We would have to be over the cap this year for those claims to be realised.

Sharp has no idea what the NRL are going to say. At that point in time be believed it and it was in his best interests to say we are compliant .... who knows???

emjaycee

Coach
I'm really enjoying your posts lately. Nice to see some thought go into posting. Not that you haven't always done it. We met once at our stadium if I remember correctly?

It is possible we met at a game.
When would this have been? Was i with Suity?

Delboy

First Grade
What will be the telling factors for most of us

Is the club salary cap,compliant in 2016
Who was responsible for the infractions and when
The total $ amount of the so called TPAs, certainly compared to the Dogs, Warriors and even the Broncos previous salary cap over spends and the resulting punishment they received
Greenberg was at the Dogs when they were $ millions over, will he be asked to comment on that
Will TPAs be investigated across all,clubs in the same forensic way

After attending the AGM last night t really want minimum punishment to slap the protagonists and cronies that made the meeting a farce , the board know who was reposnsinble for the smears, Tanya Galdiel was very passionate and was my highlight of the night. The reaction from the floor was predictable and expected, the emperor and his mates are vexatious and nasty, that so many came to vote with him is testament to the factions that stalk the club

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I didnt break the rules.

Absolutely.

But the legal issue would then become - does potential damage to you mitigate and/or excuse the penalties to be given to Parramatta?

A savvy lawyer would argue that no - Parramatta broke the rules, and the need to punish them supercedes the damaged done to their fans.

Delboy

First Grade
Apparently Greebturd is briefing th players and the punishment is horrendous, fmd

Status
Not open for further replies.