What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
That's a good point, something to think about. But a What a waste of a year it would be. This is all to sad. it's all because of these people in charge who have no idea and should not have been in charge of a NRL club. They had no idea what they were doing. Sad thing is every day they stay on wipes out our slight hope for this season. Just wish these knobs would go away, they have destroyed this club enough.

There's is nothing left of this season unless the penalty is reduced.

Speaking of Watmough, may as well stick this here...

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=d403811e5a7eb0d94f5a606923416369-1462283922

Politicially, the NRL need to appear to play hard ball about the Watmough exemption, and let us stew for the next week. But perhaps, just perhaps, they knew all along that we had this avenue as a way out to redress our $570K overspend? And that needing 12 wins from 15 games is achievable if we are good enough, but also appears a harsh penalty if we are not - and keeps up the interest while we're still a chance at making the 8.

As I said from the beginning of yesterday, and as the article states, Watmough's exemption will be backdated to the time of injury.

If we get cap exemption because of it then we get our points back.

If the insurance company accepts the payout then they take legal responsibility for Watmough's salary from the point of injury and the NRL cannot place it on us.

At this point, we're a lock to win any court case.

So, if the payout is backdated to before the first game of 2016 and if the sum is larger than the cap breach - we get out points back.

How many times do I have to post this?

As I said from the beginning of yesterday, and as the article states, Watmough's exemption will be backdated to the time of injury.

If the insurance company accepts the payout then they take legal responsibility for Watmough's salary from the point of injury and the NRL cannot place it on us.

So, if the payout is backdated to before the first game of 2016 and if the sum is larger than the cap breach - we get out points back.

You won't get the points back. They gorne

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did someone get the number of that bus??? Hangover level 10

Think it was driven by Sharp and Issa.

Can't believe these merkins are going to court just to save their arses, and lol @ the people who think they are doing it for the good of the club. They had 3 years to fix our cap how will they do it in 10 days. These are the same pricks who went behind the members back to give themselves a Payrise after their members voted against it. These are the same pricks who had the chance to come clean and save our season and still they refused. Was that for the good of the club as well???

Did someone get the number of that bus??? Hangover level 10

Think it was driven by Sharp and Issa.

Can't believe these merkins are going to court just to save their arses, and lol @ the people who think they are doing it for the good of the club. They had 3 years to fix our cap how will they do it in 10 days. These are the same pricks who went behind the members back to give themselves a Payrise after their members voted against it. These are the same pricks who had the chance to come clean and save our season and still they refused. Was that for the good of the club as well???

True colours coming out mate!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I agree. Also surely it is possible some of the TPA they have added into the cap are also legal.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Denis was on the 2ky BSB this morning, interview was sounding like a job interview. Happy to help out if asked.

It's tough with Sharp and co required to stand down, we have no one to take their places. We really need someone other then Denis putting their hand up, like Mortimer did with the dogs. Just as a temporary measure so a plan can be put in place.

phantom eel

First Grade

I don't think we get our points back HJ. You can stop posting it imo.

The points penalty is not just for our cap compliance, it's also for our non-reporting (which can't be backdated or vanished just because Watmough gets a payout) and for a range of other alleged things to do with our contracting system over the past three years.

The breach notice is 60 pages long, it can't be waived just because Watmough's retirement is deemed cap exempt in May.

strider

Post Whore
They played dick for brains denis blowing his own trumpet on MMM last night

then dan asks sterlo, any thoughts? - sterlo just says i have no comment on that - you could tell he wanted to unload on the merkin but knows when to hold his toungue

ash411

Bench
They played dick for brains denis blowing his own trumpet on MMM last night

then dan asks sterlo, any thoughts? - sterlo just says i have no comment on that - you could tell he wanted to unload on the merkin but knows when to hold his toungue

Why does he need to hold his tongue? I wish he'd just lay it all out on the table, get all of his dirty laundry out there so the public can see that side of him.

Kornstar

Coach
Denis was on the 2ky BSB this morning, interview was sounding like a job interview. Happy to help out if asked.

It's tough with Sharp and co required to stand down, we have no one to take their places. We really need someone other then Denis putting their hand up, like Mortimer did with the dogs. Just as a temporary measure so a plan can be put in place.

I'll do it, I couldn't do worse that's for sure!

Kornstar

Coach
Why does he need to hold his tongue? I wish he'd just lay it all out on the table, get all of his dirty laundry out there so the public can see that side of him.

Cause he is smarter than getting into a mud slinging match with a low life scum like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.