What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IFR33K

Coach
If I were the parramatta players, I'd take action against the NRL for restraint of trade. There is no way the NRL could win. Instead of settling for a payout, I'd demand points be reinstated. :)

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.nrl.com/greenberg-on-eels-salary-cap-findings/tabid/10959/contentid/842919/default.aspx

so being at work all day and having a meeting to attend tonight i just sat down and watched the Greenberg and Weekes presser from today.
I can tell you know that Sharp and Co have lied to the NRL and have Lied to the members.
WE are lucky to only lose 12pts, we shouldn't be playing for points at all this year based on what the NRL have said in the presser.
And you have to give Greenberg credit, they want to help club, they want to help us move forward.
I can't see us moving forward by going to the supreme court, Sharp and Co need to leave they need to resign now, right now and let someone come and try to fix what they messed up.
I'm not as devastated as some are, i can see what has happened and we deserved the punishment.
We now need to move forward and do things right.

Parraren

Bench
Actually the smart thing to do would be put the $1m up as a reward for anyone to come forward with evidence that leads to a salary cap breach for any other club.

Feed the rats and they'll come sniffing for their 50 pieces of silver.

That's pretty funny :lol:

In that case I reckon the NRL would deem the TPA value needs to be added to the overall contract value and be counted on the cap - unless another TPA donor can be found.

An alternative might be for players/their managers to all source additional (legitimate) TPA sponsors, and then agree to reduce the salary cap portion of their salaries accordingly, when registering the new contracts with the NRL? That's a lot to do in 10 days though... and might only be feasable if we are within say $50K/one contract amendment of where we need to be (after the Watmough salary hopefully comes off our cap).

What i got from the presser was that these deals were guaranteed as part of the players contract by the club.

As fans can we all throw in money to go to our players? Are we allowed to do that?

I know the Sydney Hawks supporters group sponsors 2 players a year for the top side, like a naming rights to a player. But if that would past muster with the NRL, who knows.

strider

Post Whore
http://www.nrl.com/greenberg-on-eels-salary-cap-findings/tabid/10959/contentid/842919/default.aspx

so being at work all day and having a meeting to attend tonight i just sat down and watched the Greenberg and Weekes presser from today.
I can tell you know that Sharp and Co have lied to the NRL and have Lied to the members.
WE are lucky to only lose 12pts, we shouldn't be playing for points at all this year based on what the NRL have said in the presser.
And you have to give Greenberg credit, they want to help club, they want to help us move forward.
I can't see us moving forward by going to the supreme court, Sharp and Co need to leave they need to resign now, right now and let someone come and try to fix what they messed up.
I'm not as devastated as some are, i can see what has happened and we deserved the punishment.
We now need to move forward and do things right.

Im not sure i entirely agree ....

not about sharp no co - f**k em - i dont care if they go, they've f**ked up plenty - im a bit worried what might replace em though

But im not convinced by greenburg ... i've never felt like i trust him ... there was plenty in that press conference today that i felt was quite political

salvy71

Juniors
Whilst we probably copped what we deserved , there are so many articles still available on the Broncos salary cap dealing in 2014 online that it would be easy to print them all up and shove em up Todd Greenburgs nostril to emphasise the lack of consistency between that investigation and the one that Parra was subjected to .
Ben Ikin asked Greenburg the question on NRL 360 tonight - was the investigation into the Broncos in 2014 as extensive and intrusive as the one that was performed on Parramatta ?
Greenburg didn't answer the question ....but came up with - we can only investigate the information that is provided by the club ......that did me ....a f**king joke .....when it comes to stains on Rugby League ...the NRL administration is up there with the best of them .
Ran at a loss last year despite record revenue , junior numbers dropping , the joke of the referee bunker and the obstruction circus that we're subjected every week .....
I will support the players and Brad Arthur as much as possible as the poor buggers have played with so much passion this year . But as far as watching anything else I'm over it ...it's a Broncos v Cowboys Grand Final anyway ....they may as well paint the logos on ANZ Stadium now ....

hindy111

Post Whore
Ha and it comes out same time as the budget.Wtf.
Also by saying you have to win 12/15. At present form it would take10 games before we lost 4 games to knock us out....Takes us to rnd 20.Keeps fans interested in the product for bulk of season.

phantom eel

First Grade
What i got from the presser was that these deals were guaranteed as part of the players contract by the club.
Yep, that seems to be their finding, and why they are (now) included in our 2016 cap - whereas before today we had been deemed cap compliant.

Those TPAs aside, if players/managers can now source legitimate new additional TPAs it may enable them to reduce their contracted cap value when registering an amended contract? (I say may, as I was just replying to whether or how we might try and shed the $570 we need to shed.)

phantom eel

First Grade
But im not convinced by greenburg ... i've never felt like i trust him ... there was plenty in that press conference today that i felt was quite political
AGree, of course it/he is political. This not only has to be a penalty for our wrong doing, but also has to "send a message" of his/the NRL's authority out to all of the other clubs. (And not to mention also trying to placate the feral media, who have been taking turns trying to show how much influence they can bring to bear over a sport that helps pay their bills....)

Chipmunk

Coach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts