What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash411

Bench
OK, so we probably won't know for months whether the NRL has the right to keep us from earning points if the 5 are still involved? So we don't have much choice but to piss them off?

If that's true then they have to go, but I suppose we could still pursue legal action that they had no right to do so. All while hoping Fitzy or whoever hasn't merged us with the Panthers.

They couldn't do that without a vote from the members I'm sure. I can't see any reason for us to merge with anyone, so there's no way it would pass a members vote.

ash411

Bench
This will be open and shut if it goes to court. From what I understand the dereg is basically the NRL would refuse to work with those people under their own laws, but they can't force officials from another entity to stand down, Corps Act overrides them, so the injunction is to force the NRL to work with those 5, so those 5 can discharge their duties until court makes final determination, but when/if the case is ever heard I also don't think the court could force the NRL to continue to work with the club if the NRL deems people within the club to be outside their own rules

They can stand down from the PNRL board and still remain on the PLC board. They just won't be allowed to be involved with the PNRL business in any way.

They are still two separate entities, two separate boards. They just happen to have the same members on each.

Gronk

Staff member
This will be open and shut if it goes to court. From what I understand the dereg is basically the NRL would refuse to work with those people under their own laws, but they can't force officials from another entity to stand down, Corps Act overrides them, so the injunction is to force the NRL to work with those 5, so those 5 can discharge their duties until court makes final determination, but when/if the case is ever heard I also don't think the court could force the NRL to continue to work with the club if the NRL deems people within the club to be outside their own rules

Agree hence why the GO5 need to resign voluntarily.

strider

Post Whore
People keep saying this, but......where is the evidence that the players were sold houses below market? Until someone presents that evidence, they're not going to be busted. The sale values (for the land at least) are matters of public record.

shut up barry!! .... we don't care what your balanced opinion is :fist:

84 Baby

Referee
OK, so we probably won't know for months whether the NRL has the right to keep us from earning points if the 5 are still involved? So we don't have much choice but to piss them off?

If that's true then they have to go, but I suppose we could still pursue legal action that they had no right to do so. All while hoping Fitzy or whoever hasn't merged us with the Panthers.
The best option for the club would be for the 5 to do what they need to get our house back in order quickly, voluntarily stand down before next Friday and then they can continue their legal action from there. If by some miracle they are successful and prove they had no wrong doing and penalty is reversed, the NRL will be in for even more heartache

So they've gotta go, at least for now?

The best option for the club would be for the 5 to do what they need to get our house back in order quickly, voluntarily stand down before next Friday and then they can continue their legal action from there. If by some miracle they are successful and prove they had no wrong doing and penalty is reversed, the NRL will be in for even more heartache
Gotcha. Thanks baby. :)

84 Baby

Referee
They can stand down from the PNRL board and still remain on the PLC board. They just won't be allowed to be involved with the PNRL business in any way.

They are still two separate entities, two separate boards. They just happen to have the same members on each.
Whatever it is, the court has deemed there may be a case to be heard and so the Go5 shouldn't be refrained until said time

Whatever it is, the court has deemed there may be a case to be heard and so the Go5 shouldn't be refrained until said time

Yeh, I think it is important that at least some of these clowns are present as we try to examine in depth the allegations and evidence against us. If some of the breaches relating to TPAs are based on incomplete or misleading evidence, we should definitely respond strongly. Similarly, if some of the breaches are backed only by untested testimony, we should have the right to challenge that. Then when we've worked out what (if anything) within the breaches should be challenged.....the 5 f**k off to downtown Whalan or Tregear (apologies to residents of those suburbs) or somewhere similarly nice and walk round in pink leotards.

PS: Hey, Strider.....how's that for f**king balance?

eels_fan

First Grade
Weedler...
Tonight we speak to @TheParraEels board member who says the club will be playing for points next week @9NewsSyd

84 Baby

Referee
Yeh, I think it is important that at least some of these clowns are present as we try to examine in depth the allegations and evidence against us. If some of the breaches relating to TPAs are based on incomplete or misleading evidence, we should definitely respond strongly. Similarly, if some of the breaches are backed only by untested testimony, we should have the right to challenge that. Then when we've worked out what (if anything) within the breaches should be challenged.....the 5 f**k off to downtown Whalan or Tregear (apologies to residents of those suburbs) or somewhere similarly nice and walk round in pink leotards.

PS: Hey, Strider.....how's that for f**king balance?
First question this morning from the other 4 directors and Bevan Paul should have been "Did you f**king do it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts