What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

akers

Juniors
This is why we need the nrl to show the evidence,we believe as of a month ago we were $200k under and the nrl said before rd1 we were under,show us the evidence that made this all drastically change.Reality is we still may be in the wrong but the nrl did not expect us to fight..

IFR33K

Coach
Was informed of all this earlier. I told a few friends at training tonight that this ain't over, and believe it will get worse before it gets better.

Interesting times ahead. Im glad the club isn't lying down and being royally screwed.

Chipmunk

Coach
Gerard says the breach notice doesn't even show how the NRL came up with their figure, am I understanding that right? The NRL tell us we're over but won't say how?

Yeah, that's complete bullshit if that's the case. This mob would be laughed at in court if they're going to come up with dribble.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/9e00a3bbb7520e71af4e40fe5c4668af

Parramatta Eels salary cap: Club could go private if Bill Moss has his way
an hour ago
Matt LogueThe Daily Telegraph

FORMER Macquarie Bank executive Bill Moss still harbours a strong desire to play a part in privatisation of the Parramatta Eels.

In the wake of Tuesday’s salary cap punishment handed down by the NRL, The Daily Telegraph can reveal Moss is currently putting together a group of former players, sponsors and politicians to be involved in a potential takeover bid.

This comes as one ex-Parramatta employee declared an independent board was the only way the Eels could remove the internal politics that have plagued the club for years.

“The politics at Parramatta is so tragic and it’s not going to change until they rip the football club ownership away from the Leagues Club and put it in the hands of an independent group,” the former staffer said.

“That’s the club’s best chance of being a proper functioning and compliant business.

“The NRL have done the technical work, but the really hard work is still to be done because whoever steps in and takes over is still going to be caught up in all that politics.

“There are so many people there fighting against each other that the club just doesn’t have a chance in hell of ever succeeding. When I went there I knew it was a mess, but I just had no idea how bad.

“Parramatta should be the Collingwood of the NRL — it has got the resources, the funding and the population.

“That’s one of the saddest things about it is that rugby league could be so much stronger if Parramatta gets it right.”

Parramatta legend Peter Sterling believes privatisation is a viable option for the Eels, but only if it’s done correctly.

“I was initially very supportive of what Tinkler did in Newcastle, but that would make me want to look into things even more after the way that finished,” Sterling said.

“I’m not informed enough about it (privatisations) merits yet to say if it should happen, but would imagine it’s something that should be discussed.

The former Parramatta employee also admitted the Eels’ salary cap drama came as “no surprise”, because the club has been doing “dodgy deals for years”.

“It wasn’t a shock at all,” they said. It was a disaster waiting to happen because of the structure of the place.

“But the way the NRL have gone about it is fair and reasonable and it has given them the incentive to drop players and become compliant for 2016 and play for points.”

Dibs

Bench
Just in case watmoughs knee isn't quite bad enough junior should jump up and down on it a few times I reckon

Delboy

First Grade

Avenger

Immortal
Todd Greenberg has constantly stated that we have been playing with a roster that is over the cap (over $500k) and until we are under it we play for no points. This is how the NRL have come to the 12 points deduction figure. NRL contracts are registered from November in the preceding year for the upcoming season . If now Watmough retires and it is backdated to when he sustained his career ending injury in February then we have been under the cap since that time. Assuming the NRL got it right in the first place and not double counted as now reported my rough calculations tell me that we have a solid case to ask for a point penalty reduction possibly in the realm of the 4 points which was suspended prior to the season starting.

Last edited:

Parraren

Bench
Seriously, and we need to be careful about getting ahead of ourselves here, but essentially if this is proven true, we've just lost 12 points for being $150k over the cap??

Or are the 12 points also tied to previous years indiscretions?

Basil Brush

Juniors
Seriously, and we need to be careful about getting ahead of ourselves here, but essentially if this is proven true, we've just lost 12 points for being $150k over the cap??

The main reason we are so far ovee the cap is the NRL have put all our 3rd party payments on our cap.

No other club has their 3rd party payments on their cao.

IFR33K

Coach

We've paid the penalties for past indiscretions. They can't deduct points now for 2013/4/5.

Avenger

Immortal
We've paid the penalties for past indiscretions. They can't deduct points now for 2013/4/5.

Very good point. The NRL erred badly when they kept saying we have been over the cap for previous years. Nothing to do with this year.

Djay

Juniors

That's what I was gonna ask.

Was the point deduction for "supposedly" being over the cap this year? Or a combined punishment for past indiscretions?

hindy111

Post Whore
Or for lying or for cheating? Who knows - There are also fines and guys having to stand down. The only punishment is not just points.

Status
Not open for further replies.