What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that's weird is that both sides are telling the contradicting story.

The NRL are saying they asked them to come in, and they didn't respond.

And the board are saying they weren't approached but were eager to co-operate.

Obviously one is lying, but the question is, which?

It's easy to just instantly say that the NRL are lying, cause it is in our best interest for that to be the case. The problem is, we don't know, and unless one of them fesses up, we'll never really know, and neither is likely to at this point.

The Club has been given 5 days and now 28 days to respond and have a legal team to do so now they know what they are being charged with.

ash411

Bench
The Club has been given 5 days and now 28 days to respond and have a legal team to do so now they know what they are being charged with.

During the presser on the day they handed down the notice, when Weeks was asked why they hadn't met with or interviewed the board prior to handing down the notice, he stated that they had asked them to come in, but didn't get a response.

However, the board maintain that they were never asked to come in.

strider

Post Whore
Surely which weren't that stupid ?

Two words .... Scott Seward

He did some monumentally dumb shit with Foran and Hoppa contracts ... i put nothing past him

Having said that, I tend to think it was the NRLs title, which gives hope that they got it wrong

strider

Post Whore
I really can't see the issue with the spreadsheet. Surely the club needs to know what TPA's each player has, and best method is to record in a spreadsheet.

Gee how professional would the club look if they were asked to provide details of TPA for the club? And didn't have it?Additionally isn't this information required to be reported to the NRL? Another reason to have it recorded.

It isn't dancing evident as claimed.

Well if it turns out to be evident that all they were doing was dancing, then kick their bloody asses out ... this isnt dancing with the stars ffs

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So your strategy to avoid more of the same is ...

OMG we're back to the "anyone but the incumbents" scenario. :crazy:

bill-murry-caddyshack-e1383699061507.jpg
Well whats your solution besides cover my eyes and stick my fingers in my ears and do nothing ????

Everyone is unhappy with the present set up, and no one wants privatisation so what the answer??? Whats the silver bullet???

Well whats your solution besides cover my eyes and stick my fingers in my ears and do nothing ????

Everyone is unhappy with the present set up, and no one wants privatisation so what the answer??? Whats the silver bullet???

Gronk just wants the plumber back lol

Gronk

Staff member

I've told you what I think should happen. Dump the GO5 and run the club with the current staff. Then work with the NRL on how to best ensure that the new Board are truly independent and free of personal agendas.

That's not pretending that it's all good. It's about buying time and developing a considered position.

Meanwhile you just want to pull the trigger. Already we have some merkin who was previously aligned to Spags have 7 names for new Director positions. Some of those may well just be nuffies from TheFilthySpammers. F**k me dead haven't we learnt anything from the past ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I've told you what I think should happen. Dump the GO5 and run the club with the current staff. Then work with the NRL on how to best ensure that the new Board are truly independent and free of personal agendas.

That's not pretending that it's all good. It's about buying time and developing a considered position.

Meanwhile you just want to pull the trigger. Already we have some merkin who was previously aligned to Spags have 7 names for new Director positions. Some of those may well just be nuffies from TheFilthySpammers. F**k me dead haven't we learnt anything from the past ?
Work with the NRL??? They have done a great job of that so far, they can't even agree on a chairman with public infighting.

I do agree we need to work the with NRL on the best way to move forward to get a truly independent and agenda free board.

Gronk

Staff member
I do agree we need to work the with NRL on the best way to move forward to get a truly independent and agenda free board.

Good. We agree. Now how about you take a leaf out of Tony Abbott's book as he once said ..

"My pledge today is to make this change as easy as I can.

"There will be no wrecking, no undermining, and no sniping.

Like Tony, I'm sure you and Jake can keep a promise. ;-)

Chipmunk

Coach
BA said on the BSB today Ian / sharp (that's Peter not Steve) are doing the player negotiations at the moment.

Ian really is taking on new responsibilities.

Why do you call Schubert, Ian, but call Peter, Sharp?

Particularly when Ian would be known throughout the rugby league world by his last name and just Sharp could immediately be one of two people at the club.

Last edited:

yy_cheng

Coach

Particularly when Ian would be known throughout the rugby league world by his last name and just Sharp could immediately be one of two people at the club.

Can't spell Schubert?

Gazzamatta

Coach
The only bad thing in the spreadsheets was the title ... "Undisclosed" .... was that the NRLs title or our title?
Is it likely the GO5 put this spreadsheet together post Sewards dismissal as a result of their investigations into his rogue actions?
Why were Seward and Irvine sacked? It has to be related to all of this surely.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

When I read it I thought Ian was Peter Sharp's nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts