What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't. I shudder to think who will put their hands up "to turn us around" tho.

Call me cynical but we'll just get chapter 4 of the same story.

Frankly I'd prefer interim appointments with just Jethro, BA, Peter Sharp calling the shots for the year.

Yeh, I think that's the best way to go until the season and salary cap issue are done and dusted.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ok...
But at the end of the day, whether it would be now or 6 months, we're going to a new board anyway, right now! We're rudderless... Even baring in mind that the 4 directors are not on the same page right now!! It's a rudderless ship and its not only hurting members but the coaching staff who are trying to plan for the future..

Gronk

Staff member
Ok...
But at the end of the day, whether it would be now or 6 months, we're going to a new board anyway, right now! We're rudderless... Even baring in mind that the 4 directors are not on the same page right now!! It's a rudderless ship and its not only hurting members but the coaching staff who are trying to plan for the future..

How are we rudderless ? That's a throw away line from the Telecrap/SMH IMHO.

Were a pubic hair away from re-signing Norman apparently. Doesn't seem too rudderless if we can do that.

I'd much rather let the GO5 go and then potter along. As I've said many many times, you'd be a fool to pull the trigger if you don't have a plan.

We MUST find a way to avoid Groundhog Day ever happening again.

You watch, call an EGM and dissolve the Board and you'll have a queue of Fitzy, Spags and Sharp puppets all in disguise. FMD that my friend is a bigger nightmare than what we would have with interim staff after the GO5 walk.

wolf-in-sheeps-clothing-1-e1406251029201.jpg

Stagger eel

Staff member
How are we rudderless ? That's a throw away line from the Telecrap/SMH IMHO.

Were a pubic hair away from re-signing Norman apparently. Doesn't seem too rudderless if we can do that.

I'd much rather let the GO5 go and then potter along. As I've said many many times, you'd be a fool to pull the trigger if you don't have a plan.

We MUST find a way to avoid Groundhog Day ever happening again.

You watch, call an EGM and dissolve the Board and you'll have a queue of Fitzy, Spags and Sharp puppets all in disguise. FMD that my friend is a bigger nightmare than what we would have with interim staff after the GO5 walk.

wolf-in-sheeps-clothing-1-e1406251029201.jpg

Mate, I asked Tanya Gadiel a direct question on facebook after she chimed in during a discussion on a fan page and failed to answer if all 4 directors are on the same page in all this...they can nip it in the bud with a simple MR saying we're all working together and jeffro is the interim CM and that's it..but they've failed to do that.

Gronk

Staff member
Mate, I asked Tanya Gadiel a direct question on facebook after she chimed in during a discussion on a fan page and failed to answer if all 4 directors are on the same page in all this...they can nip it in the bud with a simple MR saying we're all working together and jeffro is the interim CM and that's it..but they've failed to do that.

Well maybe Jethro should have got clearance from the remaining Board before he went on 2MMM, but at the end of the day (to the best of my knowledge), Tanya, Jethro, Ex-Mayor and the other merkin are not aligned to Spags or Fitzy. So for mine they are Mother Theresa compared to all the former arseholes that have had their fingers in the pie.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The four clowns left are fighting amongst themselves , yeah real stability right there. How is that healthy for the club, we have the coach trying to juggle the cap do the job of head of football, head of recruitment plus coach and keep the team together after the 12 point punishment and the loss of a leader like Peats.

You have one director bagging the current leagues club CEO and top pick to help move this club forward to a fan, member and also running mate of some of the current board. Now it's gone public and we look like an even bigger joke. But yeah lets do nothing while sponsors are walking out the door..........

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well maybe Jethro should have got clearance from the remaining Board before he went on 2MMM, but at the end of the day (to the best of my knowledge), Tanya, Jethro, Ex-Mayor and the other merkin are not aligned to Spags or Fitzy. So for mine they are Mother Theresa compared to all the former arseholes that have had their fingers in the pie.
Yeah they have covered themselves in glory :lol:

Lets continue to fiddle while rome burned............

Gronk

Staff member
The four clowns left are fighting amongst themselves , yeah real stability right there. How is that healthy for the club, we have the coach trying to juggle the cap do the job of head of football, head of recruitment plus coach and keep the team together after the 12 point punishment and the loss of a leader like Peats.

You have one director bagging the current leagues club CEO and top pick to help move this club forward to a fan, member and also running mate of some of the current board. Now it's gone public and we look like an even bigger joke. But yeah lets do nothing while sponsors are walking out the door..........

Ok Captain Obvious, what's your plan moving forward so that we avoid Groundhog Day ?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Ok Captain Obvious, what's your plan moving forward so that we avoid Groundhog Day ?
Their positions are untenable, it's ridiculous to expect to function for a year until the next elections with just 4 board members who are currently at war.

They can't agree on who should be the chairman let alone anything else.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
BA said on the BSB today Ian / sharp (that's Peter not Steve) are doing the player negotiations at the moment.

Ian really is taking on new responsibilities.

Their positions are untenable, it's ridiculous to expect to function for a year until the next elections with just 4 board members who are currently at war.

How do you think it would play out if we had an immediate EGM, and a bunch of blokes with a particular axe to grind took power in the middle of the investigation /appeals process regarding the salary cap ?

It will descend into the same pathetic sideshow, with the added benefit of some f**kwit sending more shit to the NRL in a bid to make their predecessor look even worse.

We don't have to wait till next year....but doing it this instant will be counterproductive.

Gronk

Staff member

ANSWER THE QUESTION: a) Dissolve the Board b) Vote in new Board.

What's the Hineyrulz strategy to achieve an independent factionless board ?

Avenger

Immortal
Just a small update. I know lawyers talk it up. However our legal representatives are very confident of their response to the breach and are gunning for it to be reduced to only 6 points. I think that is why Tanya stated that our response will be illuminating to the NRL.

Last edited:
Just a small update. I know lawyers talk it up. However our legal representatives are very confident of their response to the breach and are gunning for it to be reduced to only 6 points. I think that is why Tanya stated that our response will be illuminating.

Yes, it will be interesting to see what that comment was about.

So am I wrong in thinking the following.

In 2008, Jethro was elected with Price, Grothe Snr, Kenny, Hilditch, Dr Johnson and John Chidiac. However when Spags and that ticket were elected in 2009 Doc Johno and Jethro were given different roles.

I think Jethro was taken off the board but was to be our delegate to the NSWRL, even when that Delegate is supposed to be a board member of the Football club.

Then in 2014/5 Jethro ran with Sharp's ticket to get back on the Leagues club board after he got back on the FC board ?

As such can anyone tell where his allegiances lie? If appointed chair who would he try to bring in to fill the 3 board spots or will he let the NRL appoint their 3 "Independent" directors (which will get us the $250,000 discount on our fine) in August.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
ANSWER THE QUESTION: a) Dissolve the Board b) Vote in new Board.

What's the Hineyrulz strategy to achieve an independent factionless board ?
The way we are going now isn't healthy, this boards and NRL relationship is beyond repair. They had the chance to come clean and refused.

I could give them till June 3rd, and then once the punishment is formalised i think that we should be having an EGM and voting in a new board. It's up to the members to hopefully vote the right people in. They have failed twice hopefully a ticket can be formed free of all previous factions. Can it be done???? I'm not sure but what other options do we have??? Privatisation???? You aren't in favour of that either but we can't continue as how things are.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
How do you think it would play out if we had an immediate EGM, and a bunch of blokes with a particular axe to grind took power in the middle of the investigation /appeals process regarding the salary cap ?

It will descend into the same pathetic sideshow, with the added benefit of some f**kwit sending more shit to the NRL in a bid to make their predecessor look even worse.

We don't have to wait till next year....but doing it this instant will be counterproductive.
I'm happy to wait till the punishment is finalised. I'd rather they were gone last week but not much can be achieved in the next two weeks anyway. But after the NRL do bend us over there has to be an EGM and someone else brought in. Hopefully they are what the clubs deserves, who knows surely the club is due for some good luck???

The way we are going now isn't healthy, this boards and NRL relationship is beyond repair. They had the chance to come clean and refused.

I could give them till June 3rd, and then once the punishment is formalised i think that we should be having an EGM and voting in a new board. It's up to the members to hopefully vote the right people in. They have failed twice hopefully a ticket can be formed free of all previous factions. Can it be done???? I'm not sure but what other options do we have??? Privatisation???? You aren't in favour of that either but we can't continue as how things are.

Remember to get the reduction in fine (of 1/4 of a Mill) we have to appoint 3 "Independant" directors by August so why hold and EGM when the roles will be filled and our relationship with the NRL should be sweet considering we will have 3 NRL members on our board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts