What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the club's response to the NRL's provisional findings taking place through the courts? Is it because they tried to rush us initially? Seems an unnecessary expense.

Chipmunk

Coach
Why is the club's response to the NRL's provisional findings taking place through the courts? Is it because they tried to rush us initially? Seems an unnecessary expense.

I believe the initial court case issue was whether the NRL had the right to get rid of the Incompetent 5. The rest of the findings had nothing to do with the court case.

I believe the initial court case issue was whether the NRL had the right to get rid of the Incompetent 5. The rest of the findings had nothing to do with the court case.

That's what I thought too but an article the other day said they were due in court today. Maybe the journo was confused.

Ok put up or shut up. Link me where I have made excuses for them. :roll:

#3amigos

No worries Sargent Shultz .... "I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing"

There's a few rats that have abandoned the plumbers love boat with only one fat rat left named El Dicko. Dirty f**king rats lol

#bringbackplumbsy

EelsFan05

Bench
Some of you blokes need to give it a rest. The factions stem from the supporters to the very top. Its the reason our club is the joke of the league. Why not concentrate on how best to unite and get out of this f**king mess.

IFR33K

Coach
Some of you blokes need to give it a rest. The factions stem from the supporters to the very top. Its the reason our club is the joke of the league. Why not concentrate on how best to unite and get out of this f**king mess.

Yep. As long as these fanctions have support, they will continue to destabilise the club. Everyone needs to move on

Gronk

Staff member

Yep. As long as these fanctions have support, they will continue to destabilise the club. Everyone needs to move on

+1 :thumn

Oscarman

Juniors
+1 :thumn
+1000. These f**kwits are only interested in themselves. No-one who has been on the board in the last 10 years should be allowed to take any of the spots that will most likely become vacant. Not sure how any of them can call themselves supporters.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yeah, I also want to cal a truce to the bickering and sniping that has been going on mongst the usual suspects, why the heck are we arguing between a Douche and a Turd sandwich??

I said this to a mate recently, anyone who voted or gave an opinion regarding this clubs board since 2008 got it wrong atleast once and that includes myself..the sooner we find a group of well credentialed people without any allegiance to the former 3 factions the sooner we can get ourselves off the canvas and start being a force again, ffs! ...I just wanna be able to enjoy watching footy again..

Gronk

Staff member
James Hooper ‏@jimmyhooper 2h2 hours ago
LATEST: @TheParraEels have been ordered to pay @NRL Supreme Court costs.

Gronk

Staff member
Jen BrowningVerified account ‏@jen_browning 1h1 hour ago
.@TheParraEels ordered to pay a share of @NRL costs for court case. Amount still being determined @abcgrandstand @abcnewsSydney @abcnews

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The money that they have wasted on court challenges could of been paid back to members who bought tickets without the knowledge our season would be taken away from us.

84 Baby

Referee
the sooner we find a group of well credentialed people without any allegiance to the former 3 factions the sooner we can get ourselves off the canvas and start being a force again, ffs! ...I just wanna be able to enjoy watching footy again..
I couldn't care less if they came from any of the factions, they just need to put the f**king club first, which should be you know... THE f**kING REASON WHY THEY STOOD FOR BOARD IN THE FIRST f**kING PLACE.

There are clearly people in and around the club who put their interests well before the club and anyone else in and around it

Gronk

Staff member
The money that they have wasted on court challenges could of been paid back to members who bought tickets without the knowledge our season would be taken away from us.

Yes and no. The court action process did successfully gain an extension to the rebuttal period from 5 days to 28, which then gave us access to documentation that was being withheld. Time will tell if that was worth the effort.

For what its worth, I get why the GO5 did what they did. IIRC they argued that they (the club) should have been able to answer the allegations before Toddy when public with it all, imposed the $1m fine and deducted 12 points. The court said that the NRLs rules allowed Toddy to do what he liked and the court did not want to intervene in that process.

By sometime today we would have lodged our response to the allegations with the NRL. Toddy will then digest it all and either uphold, reduce or increase the penalties. It won't be over then, as we may then elect to appeal.

Now, assume the penalty specified in a breach notice constitutes the sun rising on Whacking Day for the Eels, and that Todd Greenberg remains resolute in imposing the proposed sanctions even after receiving Parramatta's response. What the club can do is request that any determination as to guilt or penalty be reviewed by the NRL Appeals Committee, chaired by former High Court Justice Ian Callinan, QC. The caveat is that, if four or less competition points are deducted, there is no right of appeal.

Such a review may proceed if Callinan decides that Parramatta's case is made on "plausible" grounds, or if there's any other good reason why the Appeals Committee should hear it. If the appeal proceeds, the club could appeal on the basis that Greenberg's decision was unreasonable; unsupported by the evidence; or because the punishment is manifestly excessive.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...p-breaches-20160421-gocb2q.html#ixzz4B9UejgRL
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You struggle to understand some issues or choose not to. What is it ?
Did they win the case??? Were they ever going too??

How much will it cost the club??? That's all I care about, I'm glad you get why they were doing it :)

Gronk

Staff member
Did they win the case??? Were they ever going too??

How much will it cost the club??? That's all I care about, I'm glad you get why they were doing it :)

The "case" is not over. The aim is to gain a reduction in the penalty. Part of that process was seeking clarity on if the NRL followed procedural fairness yadda yadda by handing down their bitch slap before they actually interviewed the club in any detailed capacity and gave them an opportunity to respond.

You're fully entitled to claim that it's all been a waste of $$, if in a few months time we end up with the same 12 points $1m fine. Until then, STFU merkin. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.