What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be letting this season go, try my best to keep the side we have and find a replacement for Junior.

This season is a total right off but why risk next seasons as well for a pipe dream???

We are doing what the NRL wants, f**k them and f**k their comp.

I get being angry with the NRL. I sure am. But how the f**k does letting go a player who is not contracted for next year risk ruining next year?

And winning 11/15, if you believe Joel Caine, is not a pipe dream. It's tough but it's doable. Find some other way to screw the NRL.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We are all pissed off with the NRL but ffs can we stop deflecting from the useless board and the useless decision making from this club the day Brian Smith walked out the door???

I'm sick of it, the buck passing , the finger pointing and the Blame games. The club is at fault here, we have got things so very wrong the last decade. Finally we get something right with BA and the recruitment this season only for useless board members and staff who are only there through nepotism.

El Diablo

Post Whore
On reflection, this is my team always has and always will be

No matter how crap they were, still turned up each week no matter what

This unfortunate stuff will pass and we still have the team
My major concern in all of this, is the role the CEO of the NRL played. He referenced Seward into the job, advised on TPAs (ok probably correctly but who knows after being at Dogs). the final insult , called on him to come and expose the team, this is the guy that recommended him, oversaw his work and then used him to screw our club over. Think it might be dangerous if he turned up at Parramatta Stadium, the pelican

Then after basically confirming the cap was in order this year, sought to arbitrarily add $700k to ensure we had to lose players, for the good of the game he stated , go screw yourself. For the good of the Qld teams and your pet club

We need to see action on the Broncos and their missing manager, and all the other rorts that are out there. There are too many powerful and political influences at clubs not in Western Sydney ( don't think I am allowed to name them), that Greenberg just won't confront, that's why Smith was moved on, wouldn't play the Head Office game

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/f8fd92c7b47bef0a9f97dcddb8d53b44

Grant even admitted in October he hadn?t been to a game in western Sydney since 2014.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I get being angry with the NRL. I sure am. But how the f**k does letting go a player who is not contracted for next year risk ruining next year?

And winning 11/15, if you believe Joel Caine, is not a pipe dream. It's tough but it's doable. Find some other way to screw the NRL.
Losing our best dummy half will just be another dumb decision in a long line of dumb decisions by a club that has cornered the market in stupidity.

But you keep dreaming that the NRL will allow us to play for points.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree Peats if signed would cost full market value. There are other guys available that could offer better value. I reckon King-Kaysa-Degis combined would cost less then Peats.
Peats will cost IMO 500K

Djay

Juniors
It is so stupid to me.

If Peats goes, then in 6 weeks time we find out we didn't even need to shed him, what then?

I don't think it's smart rushing into stupid decisions like this in the space of 10 days just to become cap compliant and play for points in a year which has been ruined anyways.

I reckon we should just give this year away, be smart and make the right decisions and take the NRL all the way in court.

If the GO5 and everyone within the club honestly believe we have been hard done by with the "preliminary findings" then fight it all the way without having to worry about possibly losing even more points then first thought.

Yes, they are the morons who put us in this mess and they most likely have done wrong, but if fighting this without having to worry about losing more points and losing players like Peats, means playing for no points and give us adequate time to reload for next year, then so be it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It is so stupid to me.

If Peats goes, then in 6 weeks time we find out we didn't even need to shed him, what then?

I don't think it's smart rushing into stupid decisions like this in the space of 10 days just to become cap compliant and play for points in a year which has been ruined anyways.

I reckon we should just give this year away, be smart and make the right decisions and take the NRL all the way in court.

If the GO5 and everyone within the club honestly believe we have been hard done by with the "preliminary findings" then fight it all the way without having to worry about possibly losing even more points then first thought.

Yes, they are the morons who put us in this mess and they most likely have done wrong, but if fighting this without having to worry about losing more points and losing players like Peats, means playing for no points and give us adequate time to reload for next year, then so be it.
Yep, my thoughts as well.

murraymob

Coach
why isn't your board fronting the media instead of a player who is getting sold out. The guy hasn't even been told what is going on. Instead of whinging about the NRL look closer to your board

I don't want to lose Peats either, but I don't think it's anything like the blow some think. Or as insulting. He's a professional, on good coin, and will no doubt get a nice bonus for going.

hindy111

Post Whore
why isn't your board fronting the media instead of a player who is getting sold out. The guy hasn't even been told what is going on. Instead of whinging about the NRL look closer to your board

Best thing posted on here all week

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't want to lose Peats either, but I don't think it's anything like the blow some think. Or as insulting. He's a professional, on good coin, and will no doubt get a nice bonus for going.

Personally I think all players on $300k Plus the clubs should be allowed to sell and trade the player without needing the players permission. If you're not happy with that then you'll be happy enough on $299k.

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade

Not sure we even have a board after the NRL decision

Personally, would keep all the players, then tell the team to win every game and run my own ladder

Basically, F**k Off, and leave us alone until you properly investigate all clubs

Noise

Coach
f**k the points, it's a total waste of time.

We were never a hope anyway, there is no way they will allow us to play in the semi finals and we all know it.

Dumb decisions by a dumb club that only knows how to shoot itself in the foot. The stupidy of the people that have been making decisions at this club the last decade is simply astounding.

Yep. Season is f**ked anyway thanks to Sharpy and his mates. Why get rid of good players and blokes who want to be here when the chances of making the finals are SFA. Better off working for next year (by keeping a decent squad together) and playing this year for no points and just resting players when they get niggles.

This would also piss the NRL off which is a little bonus.

I'm disgusted that my club are cheats and disgusted they are forcing a quality player out for what will amount to nothing when they could keep him and work for 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts